UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates back in TRU - Wave 24 plus two exclusives

Ivan

Man i hope i can find a set...fell free to help an aussie out :)

Are Minimates still easily available in Australia?

Not really, 2 hours from where i live is the closest i can get them so more often I buy them from BBTS or AFX. They are only available at comic shops over here. I wish TRU wou;d get thim casue i have one just down the street.

I'm sorry that's the case but at least your comic shops have them.

I love your country & can always relate to your 'distances'....never kilometres,never miles...always hours ;)

its only because theres very few of us who can actually count. heheheh

Edited by Leroy

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys,

As an huge minimate and comic book fan, I thought this was pretty cool and I figure'd I'd share it with you. Sorry if its already been posted. But the new issue of Amazing Spider-Man has a full page ad of minimates (wave 23 and 24) stating they are available at TRU starting Oct 08. Obiviously it is not totally updated, but its cool to see minimate advertisements. SOrry I cannot scan it, I dont have a scanner, but if anyone else would like to that would be great

I know the advertisement is in amazing spider-man #580 and amazing spider-girl #27...not sure about anything else tho

thats cool. didn't know they were putting ads in comics. i've been buying more dc than marvel lately so that would be why. there is also what i'm assuming is the same ad in the newest issue of toyfare, which btw contains a letter i wrote asking about dr who minimates. the answer wasn't what we wanted unfortunatly.

BTW - For those of you that have placed an order with TRU, when you check the status of your order you are given a link with a tracking number and sent to the UPS website. Here, you will likely be told that the tracking number is not recognized. That's because TRU is shipping these via USPS (your tracking number should begin with 91....). If you go to the USPS website, you should be able to track your package by entering the tracking number you get from UPS. Hope that helps those of you waiting for your shipment to arrive. :D

Not really, 2 hours from where i live is the closest i can get them so more often I buy them from BBTS or AFX. They are only available at comic shops over here. I wish TRU wou;d get thim casue i have one just down the street.

I love your country & can always relate to your 'distances'....never kilometres,never miles...always hours ;)

My heart goes out to you buddy. I'm in Oz too, Canberra to be specific. We only have 2 Comic Specialty Stores here now & neither of them have carried Marvel MiniMates since The Spiderman 3 'Mates. Almost all of my MiniMates have come from eBay. I've still managed to find almost every X-Men 'Mate i've wanted with the exception of the movie figures.

I was really keen on a Tarantula, but i'm a bit dissapointed that he doesn't come with little barbs on his toes. I'm not sure if i wanna go to the trouble of hunting him down & paying for a variant minimate on eBay if he's not just right. (Sorry if the no-barb issue has already been addressed - just having my rant)

I was really keen on a Tarantula, but i'm a bit dissapointed that he doesn't come with little barbs on his toes. I'm not sure if i wanna go to the trouble of hunting him down & paying for a variant minimate on eBay if he's not just right. (Sorry if the no-barb issue has already been addressed - just having my rant)

He... he doesn't?! :(

My heart goes out to you buddy. I'm in Oz too, Canberra to be specific. We only have 2 Comic Specialty Stores here now & neither of them have carried Marvel MiniMates since The Spiderman 3 'Mates. Almost all of my MiniMates have come from eBay. I've still managed to find almost every X-Men 'Mate i've wanted with the exception of the movie figures.

Thanks man, If i see any cheap i'll Pm you, always happy to help out. My local guy has many many spares of a lot of the older stuff but charges a wee bit to much for em (im up in Newcastle)

I FOUND THEM!!!!

Finally, it is proven that there are Minimates in Georgia. Yay!

Congrats on your find! Now if only the TRUs here would start carrying Minimates too... (chances of that happening are like snow in Vegas if you ask me... oh wait.)

(*prays* Please let us get mates, please let us get mates, please let us get mates, please let us get mates...)

Talk about late to the party...

I JUST found out about this TRU exclusive Iron Man set I can't live without. Of course when I found out it was on shelves a month ago, I'd pretty much cursed the gods of retailer exclusives and given up hope. But today at lunch, I made a trip to TRU, and there it was on the pegs waiting for me. Could not believe my luck.

Anyway, are waves 23 and 24 supposed to ship to comic shops tomorrow? I know DST said so a while back but I didn't see it on the list.

Good Lord, it truly is the season of miracles! Welcome back to the miniverse, MrPL! I have no useful response to your question, just wanted to say "Hey!". :)

Its a Festivus Miracle!

And Very lucky to still have an exclusive waiting there for you MisterPL

I JUST found out about this TRU exclusive Iron Man set I can't live without. Of course when I found out it was on shelves a month ago, I'd pretty much cursed the gods of retailer exclusives and given up hope. But today at lunch, I made a trip to TRU, and there it was on the pegs waiting for me. Could not believe my luck.

Anyway, are waves 23 and 24 supposed to ship to comic shops tomorrow? I know DST said so a while back but I didn't see it on the list.

Sorry but it's been delayed:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2008/12/ship...pdate/#more-223

Sorry but it's been delayed:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2008/12/ship...pdate/#more-223

Aww... dangit.

At least that'll give me some more time to catch up, I guess.

I wonder if Wave 23 will still be coming at TRU soon... and if it'll actually sell what with the semi-obscure characters and all...

Edited by NorthRaider

hey everyone, i just got my im set for x-mas yesterday. first the box was destroyed by UPS when they sent it to the gifter. but i was like, its ok i guess i'm an opener, not a big deal. then i take them out, and what do i find, the right wing of the sleath armor has a HUGE scratch on it, i mean like its mostly white instead of blue. what should i do in this case, contact TRU, DST or what?

What aisle are these in at TRU? I have been to two different TRU's and haven't seen so much as a place for them. I figured they would be in the superhero action figure aisle, but I looked everywhere (including the Lego aisle) and don't even see a place for hang tags.

Thanks in advance