UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates back in TRU - Wave 24 plus two exclusives

Ivan

And heeeeeeeeere's the official announcement. A day late and a dollar short, as usual. That's not a slide against DST, just a statement of fact.

I think they intentionally released it late, so that it would be a surprise.

Also, I went by the BR TRU tonight. That place is so garbage and it doesn't even know it. No Minimates. A surplus of incompetence, however.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. Hells. Yeah!

Got mine today. All of them. Including the Hulk pack, though I already have them. New packaging's worth seven bucks, no? :D EXTREMELY happy with them--thought that may be premature, as I haven't unboxed them yet. :blush:

Oh, how I missed that electric thrill of the hunt being at an end. I was so sure they wouldn't be there--that they'd evade me once again. Then, I saw it. My poor little eyes caught a glimpse of the Iron Man set. The breath in my lungs utterly disappeared, leaving me to express my excitement with little short gasps and wide-eyed ecstasy [i'm PERFECTLY aware of the double entendres here]. Suddenly, my legs are the only thing left with motor control, and they seem to have a mind of their own. A strange, ritualistic Happy-Cappy dance is played out in a dizzying frenzy of blurred motion, and finally, I have siphoned enough adrenaline to stop vibrating and pick up the toys.

The reality of the catch sets in, and you find yourself either utterly content and wishing you were home with your newfound friends, or terribly disappointed, discovering your hopes and dreams and utterances of the mind's eye in admiration of your target were greatly exaggerated.

Hopefully the former. Happy hunting, friends!

I went to my TRU last night after work to see if they had finally gotten these in. I caught an employee just finishing putting one case on pegs. I casually walked up and took the entire case back off the pegs and walked to the register. For the record, and entire case at retail is over $90 in my burb.

All the parents Christmas shopping gave me some odd looks as I balanced all those minis in my arms. The check-out girl was a trainee and mentioned that my kids must love these figures. I just laughed and said, "yeah, something like that".

All the parents Christmas shopping gave me some odd looks as I balanced all those minis in my arms. The check-out girl was a trainee and mentioned that my kids must love these figures. I just laughed and said, "yeah, something like that".

You know, that used to happen to me when I was like 16. Now days no one questions it, because usually my buddy is right behind me with his arms full of toys too. :P

Thanks for the presents daddy Shane!

For the San Diego area folks, the La Mesa National City store had 2 Shocker packs and 1 Kraven pack left last night. You know, after I got through them. :)

Edit: Typed wrong store location.

Edited by storm 1:08

For the San Diego area folks, the La Mesa store had 2 Shocker packs and 1 Kraven pack left last night. You know, after I got through them. :)

Did you pick up anything there? That is about what they had when I was there last Friday, so I am just wondering if they re-stocked. I didn't get anything, the line wrapping around to the back wall scared me away.

I think they intentionally released it late, so that it would be a surprise.

Also, I went by the BR TRU tonight. That place is so garbage and it doesn't even know it. No Minimates. A surplus of incompetence, however.

Man, I gotta quite reading the board at work.. I start laughing out loud at gems like this and then everyone looks to see if I'm You Tubing or something.

Surplus of incompetence.. :biggrin: classic. So money and you know it!

-Vox

Did you pick up anything there? That is about what they had when I was there last Friday, so I am just wondering if they re-stocked. I didn't get anything, the line wrapping around to the back wall scared me away.

Yeah, I got all the packs except the Iron Man one. None was there. I figured they restocked recently. And if I don't see any Iron Man packs, I'm blaming TBT! Even if it's not really because of him. :P

Yeah, I got all the packs except the Iron Man one. None was there. I figured they restocked recently. And if I don't see any Iron Man packs, I'm blaming TBT! Even if it's not really because of him. :P

Hehe not me I didn't even go to Le Mesa ( I suspect that was Cloneme, he lives out that way) just Moreno & Nat city... Moreno blvd was picked over ( I blamed you and Aaron) and Nat City had nothing.

So I didn't find an IM pack in store, but thanks to the verse it looks like I have one on the way :)

T.

Hehe not me I didn't even go to Le Mesa ( I suspect that was Cloneme, he lives out that way) just Moreno & Nat city... Moreno blvd was picked over ( I blamed you and Aaron) and Nat City had nothing.

So I didn't find an IM pack in store, but thanks to the verse it looks like I have one on the way :)

T.

Moreno was all me. Full case up when I got there, much less left up when I left. Plus the extra bonus of being laughed at by the cashier.

Oh crap, I just realized I meant the wrong store. I actually meant National City, heh. I get them confused sometimes since they are both pretty far from me. Either way, I figured the Morena one would be picked off first. Darnit! Why can't we be more spread out!

What day did you go? I was there Sunday and there was nada!

And yeah with at least half of a dozen ( that we know) of us watching 3 TRU it's pretty crowded here... Of course I still hold it against you that the comic store I sued to buy mini's from would hold the cahse for you every time ;)

T.

Oh crap, I just realized I meant the wrong store. I actually meant National City, heh. I get them confused sometimes since they are both pretty far from me. Either way, I figured the Morena one would be picked off first. Darnit! Why can't we be more spread out!

What day did you go? I was there Sunday and there was nada!

And yeah with at least half of a dozen ( that we know) of us watching 3 TRU it's pretty crowded here... Of course I still hold it against you that the comic store I sued to buy mini's from would hold the cahse for you every time ;)

T.

Must me nice to have fellow MM collectors to talk with and share territory with. Me, I have nobody. :(

TBT: I was at the National City TRU last night. I remember calling one of the stores and they said they get shipments pretty much everyday, which isn't that surprising to me. So you probably just picked a bad day.

About the comic shop, I think because of you, TBT, and maybe a few others, they started to buy 2 cases of waves so they would have a second chase for the others who asked. But I don't know if they still buy 2 cases anymore. It seems that sales have slipped a little after AFX started selling full sets with chase. But that's my unconfirmed thinking.

And Dinobot, a TBT man-hug makes everything better. But then you feel icky afterwards, kind of like a bad aftertaste. Just go to SDCC and try it out firsthand...

Got up to toysrus today and sure enough, success! I'm pretty happy with most of them, I'm only really dissapointed with the regular spider man. Messy paint apps, clashing reds in over 3 places, and his eyes were printed about halfway between the middle and bottom of the mask. Needless to say, I'll always display him as peter parker :P. At any rate, this is a pretty awesome lineup but not the premium spider man i expected.

Edited by Randymarsh

Only thing they had was a Kraven and Back in lack Spidey, oh well. I'm going to keep it in package for a while. If anybody is interested in it, I'd be willing to trade it for the Venom w/o the Spidey he came with.

Well, i'm about to call my TRU. Unfortunately, these will probably end up as stocking-stuffers for me. :(

My LCS guy just told today that he'd be getting IMTTA and Invaders box sets, so i'll be picking those up instead of the two-paks. But what's a little month wait as long as their at you house?? I think's it's better to drool over them in private, anyway. ;)

Hey MiniFans,

I'm sure you guys are all watching your local Toys 'r Us as well as eBay like hawks, but just in case anyone is interested I found the TRU Gauntlet Tony stark 2-pack on eBay this morning.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Minimates-Gaunt...A1%7C240%3A1318

Wonder how much it'll go for???

Hey MiniFans,

I'm sure you guys are all watching your local Toys 'r Us as well as eBay like hawks, but just in case anyone is interested I found the TRU Gauntlet Tony stark 2-pack on eBay this morning.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Minimates-Gaunt...A1%7C240%3A1318

Wonder how much it'll go for???

Guy should've done a 1-2 day auction, in my opinion. In six days time, more people who want them will be able to get them, and the demand will go down. I estimate that this one sells for around $15, but who knows?