UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates back in TRU - Wave 24 plus two exclusives

Ivan

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just called mine, and the people there are.... ugh.... The first time I called, some lady went to check and when she left another guy answered the phone and asked what I needed, so I told him I was just talking to another employee. He said ok, and hung up the phone.

I call again, and some other lady answered and when I asked she said "Micro machines?" I corrected her and said "minimates, they should be by the marvel figures or SHS and they are small block styled figures". She then just said "Oh, I think we only have the hulk and a guy with a gun.", and she hung up. Now I'm confused, was she talking about the SHS hulk, or the minimate ones? Aaaaargh~ Only one thing to do, is go in and check. I'm going in about an hour or two, hopefully they have something.

Having a Brother in TRUs advertising department and a future sister in law working for TRU I hope they can help me track these bad boys down :teehee: But when i called him,. he had no idea of them :verymad: well just keepin' my fingers crossed :thumbsup:

Quick question:

What's that thing under the Venom Mask in the packaging tray??

after enlarging the pic with the trays in I think it is a camera to go with the flesh set of hands to make a civilian Eddie Brock...just my guess though

Jeff of the Miniacs

Quick question:

What's that thing under the Venom Mask in the packaging tray??

after enlarging the pic with the trays in I think it is a camera to go with the flesh set of hands to make a civilian Eddie Brock...just my guess though

Jeff of the Miniacs

Ooh. Nifty!

What an awful ordeal TRU was today, I've never seen such mass misery or human herding in such a small space.

I went to two TRUs and both times I waded through a sea of shopping carts and baby buggies for ten minutes just to get back to the shelves to find no Minimates.

You folks are lucky, I checked after work and they didn't have any on the shelves......so I asked and no luck, they had absolutely none in......

Once again, my TRU sucks hardcore........no wonder I rarely shop there anymore.

It's like my FYE, they never got any of the exclusive mates sets either. This town is horrible for this type of stuff.

Well earlier today I went to my TRU, in Yuma, Az and no luck. Just got back from Calexico, Ca and got the Ironman Stealth/Gauntlet Tony and Spiderman/Kraven two packs along with a DCUC Captain Atom. Nice find, made up for being awake and at TRU at 4a.m. for nothing. Its so funny that Calexico got them and not Yuma, both are nothing towns, but wow...Calexico?

Also packed with the minimates is a poster of damn near every marvel minimate available. I have it as a scan, but don't know how to post it yet. If anyone wants to host it...

Edited by Lantern Returns

You folks are lucky, I checked after work and they didn't have any on the shelves......so I asked and no luck, they had absolutely none in......

Once again, my TRU sucks hardcore........no wonder I rarely shop there anymore.

It's like my FYE, they never got any of the exclusive mates sets either. This town is horrible for this type of stuff.

So there is at least two of this damn town out there.

Hit up the Toys R Us in Bel Air, Townsend, and Baltimore, absolutely nothing. I asked about them, and all the employees I asked said they had no clue. The only thing they did have was tons of new SHS, and other hasbro heroes. None of which I collect, disappointment. D:

For all of you who found them, I hope they melt and form Riot Spidey mates.

Hit up the Toys R Us in Bel Air, Townsend, and Baltimore, absolutely nothing. I asked about them, and all the employees I asked said they had no clue. The only thing they did have was tons of new SHS, and other hasbro heroes. None of which I collect, disappointment. D:

For all of you who found them, I hope they melt and form Riot Spidey mates.

A powerful curse. Scottish play. Horseshoes. Break a leg. Four leaf clover.

That's just in case I find them.

Well earlier today I went to my TRU, in Yuma, Az and no luck. Just got back from Calexico, Ca and got the Ironman Stealth/Gauntlet Tony and Spiderman/Kraven two packs along with a DCUC Captain Atom. Nice find, made up for being awake and at TRU at 4a.m. for nothing. Its so funny that Calexico got them and not Yuma, both are nothing towns, but wow...Calexico?

Also packed with the minimates is a poster of damn near every marvel minimate available. I have it as a scan, but don't know how to post it yet. If anyone wants to host it...

I'll host it!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Nothing in Greenville NC at the moment, but I expect to hound the employees endlessly without mercy. That's how I got Speed Racer, Street Fighter, and the Marvel box sets of the past on the shelves here. In the mean time, I'm recruiting family in the greater Raleigh area to try and hook me up.

As much as I hate that these are so hard to find, it is still a better release than the Marvel sets of the recent past, since they were releasing boxes that carried the same characters that were released to the comic shops nationwide.

Also packed with the minimates is a poster of damn near every marvel minimate available.

The 'lil poster is very cool and really puts things in perspective. WOW! I have all of mine in car cases so I've never really seen them displayed all together...massive (and yet I'm still lacking some favorites?!?). The only thing that I can see this comprehensive poster is lacking is Moviemates and Gold Spidey (but that would just be cruel! They've even got all of the variants and exclusives.). Imagine how overwhelming this image must look to a new collector!!

Edited by cdubya

Also packed with the minimates is a poster of damn near every marvel minimate available.

The 'lil poster is very cool and really puts things in perspective. WOW! I have all of mine in car cases so I've never really seen them displayed all together...massive (and yet I'm still lacking some favorites?!?). The only thing that I can see this comprehensive poster is lacking is Moviemates and Gold Spidey (but that would just be cruel! They've even got all of the variants and exclusives.). Imagine how overwhelming this image must look to a new collector!!

gah! I have all these minimates and yet I am still drooling to see this poster!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Wow, what a response. :) Let's see if I can clear up some of these questions.

The back of the Iron Man is identical to the Wave 21 (sample) and the Hulk is basically the same as those in Wave 22 (sample) except the area where it says "Collect Them All!" it now says "Super-scientist Bruce Banner possesses the power to save the world - but also to destroy it... With Abomination on the rampage, can we survive without the Hulk?" The back of the others are very similar to previous series with a shot of the whole wave (including Tarantula) and a paragraph about each character in the pack.

Parts of the new Abomination are not painted and the plastic on these parts is a little more leafy-green. In the pic the Wave 22 Abom is on the left and the TRU exclusive is on the right.

Aboms.jpg

Confirmed that there are two chestpieces and two sets of hands for Transformation Venom.

Thanks to those that have spotted these and confirmed the case packout. Now I know I don't have to go hunting for a non-existent Tarantula pack. :)

I don't know what the TRU SKN is for these packs, but the UPCs are as follows:

Stealth IM: 699788719404

Hulk/Abom: 699788719558

Spidey/Shocker: 699788719510

Cosmic/Venom: 699788719527

Black Spidey/Kraven: 699788719534

As stated in the original post these are $6.99 each.

I didn't make these in my basement, but I am finishing up a different Minimate project that I will be sharing with you all soon. :)

The little black accessory in the middle of the Venom tray is this camera. Oh.. looks like Minijeff got that one for me, thanks.

Oh I forgot about the poster! I was going to include it with the rest of the pics, but it slipped my mind.

poster.jpg

No Gold or Silver Spidey, but it oddly does include Santa Spidey. And like cdubya said it doesn't include any movie figures. I haven't gone through it figure-by-figure but the only error I can see is that White Queen is in there twice.

Happy hunting folks.