UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates back in TRU - Wave 24 plus two exclusives

Ivan

My all-time most luckiest find in all of today!

TRU08.jpg

(Hope the watermarks aren't too obtrusive.)

I stopped by TRU after work today to see what Black Friday items were out when I did a double take in the Marvel action-figure section. The Gauntlet Tony Stark & Stealth Iron Man package was right there with the Superhero Squad figs. I scoured the pegs trying to find all the different packs available. Here's what I found:

-Back In Black Spider-Man & Kraven (Wave 24)

-Cosmic Spider-Man & Transformation Venom (Wave 24)

-Classic Spider-Man & Shocker (Wave 24)

-Gauntlet Tony Stark & Stealth Iron Man (TRU Exclusive)

-Hulk & Abomination (TRU Exclusive)

There were three Kraven packs, three Shocker packs, two Cosmic Spidey, two Hulk and two Iron Man on the pegs. Thats a total of twelve, so that might be the whole case. I don't know for sure. There was no Tarantula to be found. $6.99 each.

I'll get figure pics up shortly. (I didn't want to get scooped. :D)

Edited by Ivan

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this is surely a surprise. I don't remember hearing anything about "Gauntlet" Tony or new "Stealth Iron Man." And Eddie Brock's face looks great! I'll have to stop by there on Saturday (I am not getting on the road at all on Friday, if I can help it).

HOLY CRAP!!!!! I've never heard of Gauntlet Tony or Stealth Iron Man either! Effing beautiful.

I wonder if wave 24 came before 23, or if they both came out at the same time but 23 sold out quicker. I dunno about you guys but I'm actually in the minority here who's more excited about 23 (NOVA! WAR MACHINE! CLOAK & DAGGER! :woot:) than 24.

These are as real as I am. ;)

I think these are a special arrangement with TRU and don't really have any bearing on the specialty market packs that are scheduled to be released at the end of December. Apart from the fact they contain the same figs of course. :) Many of the figures aren't fully painted, i.e. the color of the plastic is the color of the 'mate. You can see this easily on Cosmic Spidey where the gray plastic legs don't match the bottom of the painted torso.

I'm not much for reviews, so I'll just give you the pics. Except for the Hulk/Abomination pack... as far as I can tell these are identical to the Wave 22 releases. I didn't have time to do the full MMDB treatment on these, that'll come sometime during the long weekend I hope.

Obligatory Tray Shot for your accessory viewing pleasure.

tray.jpg

Classic Spider-Man & Shocker

Shocker1.jpg

Shocker2.jpg

I don't know what's going on with the two shades of red on Spidey's torso. It's like the top portion got two coats of red to cover the red area on the back and top.

Back In Black Spider-Man & Kraven

Kraven1.jpg

Kraven2.jpg

"I have a manly chest under my lion's head vest."

Cosmic Spider-Man & Transformation Venom

Cosmic1.jpg

Cosmic2.jpg

Cosmic3.jpg

Contains a set of old-style claw hands and these new ones with recognizable digits. Brock's head is reversible. I'm going to have a lot of fun with that 'manic' face. :D

Gauntlet Tony Stark & Stealth Iron Man

Gauntlet.jpgStealthMin.jpg

StealthMask.jpgStealthFly.jpg

Yes, Stealth Iron Man is very cool. It comes with the alternate legs like all the other movie versions. It also comes with the "flying hands" and "air-brake wings" that we see in gambitron's Hostile Takeover production sample.

Post any questions or pic requests. I'll do my best to respond.

Wow, I was not expecting this; they look fantastic! I was in TRU today, but didn't even think about looking at Marvel stuff (as there's really nothing that I'm collecting at the moment). For all I know, I may have walked right past these (gotta go back now and brave the Blackest of Fridays...Ugggh!). Initially, I thought I would just get the exclusives (since I've got a set of 24 pre-ordered), but I've got a strong feeling that I will picking these all up (provided that I'm fortunate to find them). Good-stuff and what a surprise to see 'mates return to retail...'bout time! B)

Eddie's face is reversible! Stealth IM has two sets of hands AND a "flyer" base! This truly is a new generation of Minimates!!! :woot:

Heh, Cosmic Spidey looks kinda cute sitting down in that photo :biggrin: I'm still more interested in seeing what Wave 23 looks like, but looking at these photos I *might* just pick up my own Black Spidey/Kraven set. (I'd also like Gauntlet Tony/Stealth IM but since they're TRU exclusives I'll probably only ever get them in my dreams.)

For some reason I'm itching to see what the back of those window boxes look like, but I guess I can always wait 'til they get posted on MMDB.

Dear Friends in the US,

I apologise for my recent stupid,boring,ungrateful platitudes of late. God Bless America & all you marvellous US MMMV members & I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. To some of you whom I may have pissed off with my ebay forays......Sorry,it was wrong ,very wrong.

Forgive me for I knew not what I did :sad: bhm.

Now that's out the way..... get your sorry asses down to TRU & buy me these by the case- load*. If any squalley-ass kids get in your way ....launch 'em with the end of your boot.

I will be grateful ........very grateful. :yes:

These looks bloody awesome.

*paypal available

Disclaimer :This is a blatant attempt at bribery & probably offensive to some. I ain't bovvered ;)

Edited by buttheadsmate

Dude! Wave 24 earlier than 23? I was gonna give these a miss but they look amazing!

I'm so surprised they managed to keep stealth iron man a secret. I want one so bad! That Hulk/Abom pack is a great idea too. Bound to increase interest!

Happy Thanksgiving indeed! Thanks for the news and pictures Ivan!

I halfway expected the Spider-Man wave to be the triumphant return of Minimates to TRU, but I never saw exclusives coming. I wonder if my wife will believe that I need to buy them all to support the line...