UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star trek Wave 5

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this is the thanks I get for supporting my LCS? Nothing? The stuff all hits TRU and mail order houses? Come on, DST, show your retailer base some love! (Cappy sobs in his beer...)

Edited by Cappy

Received my package from AFX today, Star Trek wave 5, Marvel wave 24, and Iron Man Hostile Takeover set. Wahoo!!!

I'm hoping that mine show up today - unfortunately my set left L.A. on Monday and are getting to the SF Bay Area byway of Washington State (according to the tracking info).

Apparently this year the post office is offering Priority Mail minus the Priority.

And now this wave is a friggin pass. Come on DST; no tribbles for TROUBLE WITH TRIBBLES Kirk?!?! That's just freaking stupid. :angry:

That wave itself doesn't actually look that good. The only thing i like as of now is the variant. In my opinion, they were better when it was waves 1-3 and only TOS characters were used. These just suck... :(

Just opinion, so no lynching me ST fans...;)

if these don't sell well people this could be the death of trek minimates, and if that happens i think i'd feel a bit cheated not getting the rest of the main crews and aliens :angry:

I think the sad fact is, these are more than likely the last wave of ST. I really can not imagine this wave selling that well

Much like the last wave of DC, it is a meh wave....only really maybe 2 must haves for star trek fans. and for a non fan (like me) it is an easy pass on all of them.

just my 2 cents.

moc847

Yeah I gotta agree this unfortunately is the end of Trek mates. :(

Nothing new has been announced and some of the choices in wave 3-5 have really been poor. Decker, Ilia, McCoy with rolled up sleeves and too many lame kirk/spock variants. I sure hope they continue since TNG & DS9 are my favorite Trek shows and to only have 2 characters from each is very disappointing.

I understand not wanted to put all of the main characters out first in order to keep sales strong but I think the choices they made for lineups really hurt sales.

Come on trek mates!! I still need a Q, Borg Queen, movie versions of the rest of Kirk's deck crew, DS9 deck crew, TNG deck crew and about 20 different aliens.

Now, was Kirk ever billed as "Trouble With Tribbles" Kirk? I do believe he was described simply as "green shirt" Kirk.

I hope the Star Trek line continues, but it looks like it's time to move on to the newer Trek properties.

Edited by Cappy

I'm gonna stand up for this wave, sure they have a spare Kirk that's not needed ( to us that is, Imagine being new to minimates and seeing these in stores and going... but I want a Kirk and there isn't one?) but they have moved on to give us TNG, DS9 and new movie characters so there is progress being shown.

I want to Stand up for Decker and Ilia Both nice mini's that are part of the Trek movieverse and a bold choice by DST. Yes you want more TNG & DS9 people and I do too, however dont you think that they learnt from marvel and are pacing the release of these characters? If they put everyone people want in 2-3 waves who is going to buy the 4th one?

If you ask me there are too many people here saying they won't buy them and then complaining this is the end of the line because they wont sell, where is your support for the line?

T.

I'm with TBT on this one. No, these aren't the choices I would have made with some, but it fleshes out the line more. I believe DST said recently that Star Trek is the main line for their company-why would they stop with Minimates? Especially right when a new movie is focusing all sorts of mainstream media attention back on the Trek enterprise (pun intended). I will be suprised if this is the last we see of Trek Minimates. Star Trek will not become a 'SFII' line, in my opinion.

Well I always buy the a full set each wave and sometimes extras as well even if I don't find the choices all that exciting. Hopefully the line will continue but minimates have a history of great things being planned but then never released (Batman Begins C3, DC wave 9/10, LOTR wave 3, SFII wave 2, Rocky 3, Apollo Uncle Sam 2pack, etc.

Yes I realize I'm being a complete and total downer :lol:

Well I always buy the a full set each wave and sometimes extras as well even if I don't find the choices all that exciting. Hopefully the line will continue but minimates have a history of great things being planned but then never released (Batman Begins C3, DC wave 9/10, LOTR wave 3, SFII wave 2, Rocky 3, Apollo Uncle Sam 2pack, etc.

Yes I realize I'm being a complete and total downer :lol:

Being a downer is fine as long as it's not your only voice ;)

DC 9/10 ? did we ever see any thing for those?

T.