UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I dropped Lego for...

Shup Dude

I think the movie has had a lot to do with all the inflated prices on these sets. At onetime the Batman sets were one of the easiest LEGO lines to find on sale, I picked up most of the sets at 50% off or more.

Y. L B W O A V E T O L. W L B F C O, T R A L O B E S T W P A T S C (AFOLs H D S T G). T H P A L S O T-T L (I C R O H) L T T L G B S W A L O U B. W T R W C O, T M E S W T T A J I C T at 50.00 USD. P O T C F T N S W T M, T O P W T R O T G. T P W, T A G B O T P W, L D P T N T S H F T W. A D N W T L H N I O C T B L A 2008.

Thanks For The Info Dux But That Posting Style....Hurts My Eyes.

Is it coded?

Off the top of my head I'd say "no". :P

That is good information to have, Dux, thanks!

Yeah. That's right. I have no code, just a strange habit of capitalizing the first letter in words when I post On Forums.

And its no problem. I happen to work at a Lego Store so I can get info like that and would be happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability. (NOTE: I WILL ANSWER NO QUESTION/PMs ABOUT ME BUYING OR SELLING LEGO SETS FOR OTHERS. I CANNOT LEGALLY SELL THEM, AND I CAN'T REALISTICALLY PURCHASE AND SHIP LEGO SETS OUT. ALSO, I CAN DIVULGE INFO ON NEW/SOON TO BE UPCOMING SETS, BUT ONLY FOR STUFF THAT'S COMING THIS YEAR (OR THE VAUGE DETAILS OF THE UPCOMING LEGO/DISNEY TEAM UP))

Thanks, Dux. It's too bad they ended the Batman line so soon. After playing the game it would have been great to pick up a set. A set including a minifig of Killer Moth or Hush would have been really cool.

Dux, how well are the Indiana Jones sets selling? I'm hoping that the line continues long enough for LEGO to make a circus train and tank battle sets from the Last Crusade.

Edited by hypno

Thanks, Dux. It's too bad they ended the Batman line so soon. After playing the game it would have been great to pick up a set. A set including a minifig of Killer Moth or Hush would have been really cool.

Dux, how well are the Indiana Jones sets selling? I'm hoping that the line continues long enough for LEGO to make a circus train and tank battle sets from the Last Crusade.

No Problem. And yeah, the game was a horrible tease. The thing about that was the games release got delayed. TLG (The Lego Group) really underestimated the power of Batman in 08. But hey, that's life.

Also, the Indiana Jones sets sell very well. There is some really cool stuff that's been shown off at Toyfair 09. Indiana Jones-wise, you can look forward to a South American Cemetery set from Crystal Skull, The Boat Chase From Last Crusade, And, wait for it....A Temple Of Doom Set With Mola Ram. That's Right Folks, Temple Of Doom. Altar of Kali Ma, Mine Carts, The Only Thing Missing Is A Lego Flaming Heart.

The Only Thing Missing Is A Lego Flaming Heart.

Aw, that sucks. No ripped-chest prisoner then, too?? ;)

I honestly cannot wait for that Boat Chase set to come out. Elsa was by far my fav heroine/villain, and i wanted her ever since the Indy game...though without that horrid hairpiece; the new one is SOOOOO much better. Any word on when it is to come out and if the price is going down on it?? It seems too small to be around $40.

The Only Thing Missing Is A Lego Flaming Heart.

Aw, that sucks. No ripped-chest prisoner then, too?? ;)

I honestly cannot wait for that Boat Chase set to come out. Elsa was by far my fav heroine/villain, and i wanted her ever since the Indy game...though without that horrid hairpiece; the new one is SOOOOO much better. Any word on when it is to come out and if the price is going down on it?? It seems too small to be around $40.

Yeah. It's Not Quite A Complete Temple, But A Really Nice Looking Set.

Lego tends to release new lines/waves twice a year. The first release comes at the start of the year (although sometimes they sneak sets out before that for christmas) and in July (those dates also happen to coincide with the big sales at lego stores). So we probably won't see any of that stuff until Summer. Also, It's possible that some of those sets may be TRU or Target Exclusives, But We Won't Know Until Later. The Only 09 Set I Know For A Fact That Is TRU Exclusive Right Now Is The Star Wars Mon Calamari Cruiser.

Damn, wish I would have stocked up on Batman sets when they were on sale at "Tuesday Morning" last year. That's awesome, and demonstrates how freakin' crazy LEGO fans are. I mean, these were widely available in stores! They weren't imports or exclusives, were they?

Damn, wish I would have stocked up on Batman sets when they were on sale at "Tuesday Morning" last year. That's awesome, and demonstrates how freakin' crazy LEGO fans are. I mean, these were widely available in stores! They weren't imports or exclusives, were they?

Nope. General release. It just so happened that at the time they were just taing up shelf space at the stores near my house. So i kept putting off getting one of the sets because I didn't really have room for them anywhere. Then this set went on clearance so I picked it up, then put it away.

You know, I got my mag today and was thinking it might be cool to get a Power Miner set, if only for the little rock dudes. :)

The Rock Monsters Are Pretty Sweet. Be Careful Though, The Gray Detail On The Main Body Segment Scratches Really Easy.