UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Disney minimate waves?

Okay, so I'm pretty sure there's been at least a few people here who've all wished for Disney mates. Seeing as hypothetical wave-lineup building is practically the national sport of MMMV (DST Minimate Week and the current Bond thread being perfect examples of this), how about we pretend that DST had somehow magically acquired the Disney license and suggest our own dream lineups for Disney movie mates?

I'll start with one of my personal favorites, Atlantis: The Lost Empire. I know this was never a very popular movie even among Disney diehards but this thread is all about wishful thinking. Like a few other Disney films, Atlantis features a distinctive ensemble cast that would look very promising in the Minimate form. For me, an Atlantis wave has GOT to feature something like:

Milo/Kida (variant: clear Kida bonded with Heart of Atlantis)

Roarke/Helga

Sweet/Audrey

... and maybe some of the other characters, like Vinny, Mole, Kida's father and those Atlantis soldiers for army-building. Oh, and definitely Whitmore.

I have ideas for other films, but I'm hoping other board members can think of their own wave lineups for these. Any thoughts?

Edited by NorthRaider

Disney films would probably work best as a box set, especially Princess films (Snow White excluded) For Example:

Sleeping Beauty:

Aurora

Prince Phillip

Maleficient (With Diablo)

Ummm... Hard one here. Don't want to do the fairies here b/c not enough room for any more than one. Maybe a Maleficent goon thingy. Or the first ever Minimate Dragon (KICK ASS)

Flora, Fauna and Merryweather will have to come somehow. Don't know how, but they will.

They would fit in a wave, but still.

Disney films would probably work best as a box set, especially Princess films (Snow White excluded)

I've been wondering how one would package Snow White... to accomodate the Seven Dwarves alone you'd need at least two waves or one huge box set. Plus there's still Snow White, the Prince, the evil Queen (variant: Apple-toting old hag?)...

And that's not even thinking about scale: would the dwarves be 2" and the humans 2.5" or higher? Or do you make the humans normal 2-inchers and just invent a new Minimate Nano body for the dwarves? It'd be the Lord of the Rings fiasco all over again :blink:

Edited by NorthRaider

I know my favorite Disney Movie was "Hercules", (partly because it was my birth-year when it came out :D ). I think a Herc 4-Pack would do fine:

Hercules

Hades

Megara

and Zeus (best choice)

Or, you could have a wave of them, so:

Hercules + Megara

Zeus + Hades

Philoctetes + Young Hercules (maybe just a variant of Herc?)

Mom + Dad (Hercules', of course)

So any other ideas about the Hercules thing?

I generally despise Disney, but I liked some of their cartoons as a kid, and like some of the Pixar stuff a lot. So, Disney Minimates I might buy, would be:

-Rocketeer

-Peter Pan/Captain Hook

-Robin Hood (fox)/Sheriff of Nottingham (gray wolf)

-Nightmare Before Christmas 'Mates (Jack/Nightmare Tree with 2 30% Minimate skeletons hanging from limbs)

-Muppets (sadly, now owned by Disney)

-Toy Story (Woody, Buzz Lightyear)

-Pirates of the Caribbean (Johnny Depp pirate)

-Incredibles

-Donald Duck/Scrooge McDuck

-Darkwing Duck ("let's get DANgerous!")

Edited by karamazov80

(I'm guessing this should naturally succeed Ducktales though.)

Ducktales box sets:

Series 1:

-Scrooge

-1/2 size Huey, Dewey, and Louie

Series 2:

-Gizmo Duck

-Launchpad

-Evil Scottish enemy of Scrooge

-Pile-o-money

These would have to have molded heads, of course. I would buy them.

Disney films would probably work best as a box set, especially Princess films (Snow White excluded)

I've been wondering how one would package Snow White... to accomodate the Seven Dwarves alone you'd need at least two waves or one huge box set. Plus there's still Snow White, the Prince, the evil Queen (variant: Apple-toting old hag?)...

And that's not even thinking about scale: would the dwarves be 2" and the humans 2.5" or higher? Or do you make the humans normal 2-inchers and just invent a new Minimate Nano body for the dwarves? It'd be the Lord of the Rings fiasco all over again :blink:

I believe the hag is the more recognizable for the fanbase: The Queen should be the variant. And as for dwarfs, two words: Penguin feet. Problem solved.

• 1 month later...

So I was getting majorly depressed seeing that "BSG cancelled" headline every time I logged on, so I thought I'd sate some of my grief (and boredom) with a vaguely relevant post...

... how about a hypothetical Hunchback of Notre Dame wave?

Quasimodo/Judge Frollo (accesories: basket of food?)

Esmerelda/Captain Phoebus (accessories: Esmerelda's tambourine and Phoebus's sword)

the gargoyles Victor/Hugo (accessory: Hugo's deck of cards)

variant: either the gargoyle Laverne (accessory: a bunch of Minimate-sized pigeons) to replace Hugo or that jester character Clopin (accessory: jester wand or alternate mini-Clopin puppet hand) to replace Phoebus.

Potential logistical problems here could be Quasimodo's overall hunchback look (which I guess they could do with Penguin's short feet and a unique powerhouse chest vaguely reminiscent of Muffit the Daggit) and the gargoyles' legless stump look (perhaps DST could invent a new legless torso piece?). Otherwise the other characters are so easy to do DST could do them in their sleep... Frollo's sweeping robes could be done in a similar style to Lucifer in the classic BSG villains set. For Clopin DST can possibly take a cue from Harley Quinn, and Esmerelda and Phoebus are not only no-brainers (let's see... Marisol's skirt, Hank Pym's hairpiece, Hawkeye's "skirt", Defenders Namor's armbands...), they'd be damn pretty to look at.

Wow... just thinking about this wave makes me want it for real even more. Dammit!

So I was getting majorly depressed seeing that "BSG cancelled" headline every time I logged on, so I thought I'd sate some of my grief (and boredom) with a vaguely relevant post...

... how about a hypothetical Hunchback of Notre Dame wave?

Quasimodo/Judge Frollo (accesories: basket of food?)

Esmerelda/Captain Phoebus (accessories: Esmerelda's tambourine and Phoebus's sword)

the gargoyles Victor/Hugo (accessory: Hugo's deck of cards)

variant: either the gargoyle Laverne (accessory: a bunch of Minimate-sized pigeons) to replace Hugo or that jester character Clopin (accessory: jester wand or alternate mini-Clopin puppet hand) to replace Phoebus.

Potential logistical problems here could be Quasimodo's overall hunchback look (which I guess they could do with Penguin's short feet and a unique powerhouse chest vaguely reminiscent of Muffit the Daggit) and the gargoyles' legless stump look (perhaps DST could invent a new legless torso piece?). Otherwise the other characters are so easy to do DST could do them in their sleep... Frollo's sweeping robes could be done in a similar style to Lucifer in the classic BSG villains set. For Clopin DST can possibly take a cue from Harley Quinn, and Esmerelda and Phoebus are not only no-brainers (let's see... Marisol's skirt, Hank Pym's hairpiece, Hawkeye's "skirt", Defenders Namor's armbands...), they'd be damn pretty to look at.

Wow... just thinking about this wave makes me want it for real even more. Dammit!

Maybe the variant should be the Smoke Esmeralda for Frollo to attempt to make out with (Hellfire is the best part of that movie! I've memorized that song simply because it's just too damn cool.)

Maybe the variant should be the Smoke Esmeralda for Frollo to attempt to make out with (Hellfire is the best part of that movie! I've memorized that song simply because it's just too damn cool.)

Heck, IMO Hunchback of Notre Dame has got to be one of the best Disney animated movies ever (next to Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Great Mouse Detective... and Atlantis and Treasure Planet :whistling:)

If not Smoke Esmerelda, then I guess Gypsy Esmerelda (her in that festive red outfit from the Feast of Fools) or "Battle-Damaged" Esmerelda (her in that white dress

when she's about to be burned at the stake

) would work perfectly fine as variants too. (He he, if this ever reached 2 waves then at least we'd have ideas already... just throw in Battle-Damaged Phoebus, crazed Frollo from the climax and the Archdeacon :P) My point is I'd KILL for an Esmerelda or a Clopin minimate... I love gypsies :wub:

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

• Captain Jack Sparrow / Captain Barbossa
  • Will Turner / Elizabeth Swan
  • Pintel / Ragetti
  • (variant) Captain Jack Sparrow / cursed Barbossa

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

• Jack Sparrow / Davy Jones
  • Mister Gibbs/ Mr. Cotton
  • Palifico / Clanker
  • (variant) cannibal Jack Sparrow / Davy Jones

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

• Sao Feng / captain Elizabeth Swan
  • Tia Dalma / Bootstrap Bill
  • Lord Cutler Beckett / Commodore James Norrington
  • (variant) Tia Dalma / Bill Turner

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

• Captain Jack Sparrow / Captain Barbossa
  • Will Turner / Elizabeth Swan
  • Pintel / Ragetti
  • (variant) Captain Jack Sparrow / cursed Barbossa

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

• Jack Sparrow / Davy Jones
  • Mister Gibbs/ Mr. Cotton
  • Palifico / Clanker
  • (variant) cannibal Jack Sparrow / Davy Jones

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

• Sao Feng / captain Elizabeth Swan
  • Tia Dalma / Bootstrap Bill
  • Lord Cutler Beckett / Commodore James Norrington
  • (variant) Tia Dalma / Bill Turner

*sigh* This reminds me that we don't have a Minimate pirate yet. I mean, we have cowboys (BTTF 3 plus the Western Dollars trilogy), indians (Thunderhawk), soldiers (Sgt. Rock and Platoon), ninjas (Elektra counts, right?), doctors (ST Doc McCoy), serial killers (Hannibal Lecter) and even pastry chefs (Chef Duff). You'd think we'd have a real, honest-to-goodness, seafaring, parrot-loving, arrgh-exclaiming pirate minimate by now, but noooooooooo.

Anybody gonna correct me on this? Anyone? Please?

ok I would totally buy Disney mates....my kids love the movies and through them I have re-discovered my own love for them. I am surprised though that this thread is missing a major geek point in Disney films or maybe I am just getting old...Tron! would need vehicles and playsets with these though :)

Jeff of the miniacs

I've got some personal favorite design characters but I don't think they'd really translate to minimates:

Darkwing Duck/Duck Tales, Gargoyles, Beauty and the Beast are all things I would be interested in owning but I know they wouldn't lend themselves to the style very well.

So something I WOULD like that WOULD lend itself (sorta) to the style:

Emperor/Kronk's New Groove/School:

uh, I got tired of trying to work these into waves, so:

-Kuzco(Emperor Outfit)/Pacha

-Kuzco (School Uniform)/Malina

-Kronk (movie outfit)/Yzma (Face tempo based on TV show design)

-Kronk (school uniform)/Principal Amzy

-Kronk (Chipmonk Scout Leader)/Ms. Birdie

-Chicha (removable baby-bump chest piece so you can pick if she's ENG Chicha or later episodes Chicha!)/Kronk's Father (2.5 inch arms on a 2in base with Penguin feet!)

-Mr.Moleguaca/Guaca (cuz their names are simialr)

-Yatta/Matta (cux they work together, and I think are related)

-You/Too

-Kavo/Ramon (just to round it out)

-err.... I have no clue how they'd make Pacha's kids in scale or a Llama Kuzco/generic Llama or Bucky that would be in minimate style so those don't get made thus making this a woefully incomplete series.

Lilo and stitch wave

VARIANT - 4 arm alien stitch

Stitch & Lilo

Cobra Bubbles & Captain Gantu

Jumba & pleakley

Then if you wanted to do more waves, follow the TV series and do some of the 'cousins' after all there is technically 626 more including Leroy!

Man I need to get out more!!!