UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How many Minimates do you have?

...and which one(s) are your favorite? Which set do you like? (Marvel, DC, Indymates, Lord of the Rings, Street Fighters, etc.)

Okay, by Christmas I should have about 72... my favorites are going to be Death Archangel, Apocalypse, Chun-Li, Taskmaster, Deathstroke, Green Arrow, and (any) Captain America Minimates.

My favorite series is probably Marvel, because not only do they have cool looking 'mates, but they are awesome and I grew up with Marvel. :thumbsup:

How 'bout all of you?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...roughly 200 w/ doubles and customs...maybe.

Fav Character: Oh, a toughie question. I'd say my fav FIVE are (in no real order) Mk II Iron Man (Moviemate), Pegasus Six, Dead Pegasus Six, Classic Batman, and Clayface.

My Favorite custom, however, is my Spider-symbiote Wonder Girl quickie (It looks cool, honestly. Put a Power Girl hairpeice on a BD WW head, a BD WW torso/arms/bands, and use the Pete Symbiote-suit thing w/ the legs from the same mate. Well??)

Fav series?? I'd say DC, since i want to work for them. That really isn't a fair question for me, since i have that bias, but i just love the characters.

Hmm...roughly 200 w/ doubles and customs...maybe.

Fav Character: Oh, a toughie question. I'd say my fav FIVE are (in no real order) Mk II Iron Man (Moviemate), Pegasus Six, Dead Pegasus Six, Classic Batman, and Clayface.

My Favorite custom, however, is my Spider-symbiote Wonder Girl quickie (It looks cool, honestly. Put a Power Girl hairpeice on a BD WW head, a BD WW torso/arms/bands, and use the Pete Symbiote-suit thing w/ the legs from the same mate. Well??)

Fav series?? I'd say DC, since i want to work for them. That really isn't a fair question for me, since i have that bias, but i just love the characters.

Cool. I like Dead Pegasus Six...

Clayface is my first Minimate above 2". It's cool having taller 'mates.

Curse you for asking how many. :P I really don't want to know but I did a quick inventory from memory and came up with 648. But it's really probably about 800-900. When I think of how much money that is ...

Anyhow, my favorite line would be Star Trek. Not because they are the best quality minmates but because I'm a huge Trek fan. From a critical perspective I would have to say DC. 2.5" for larger characters, cool accessories, no chase figure (good and bad), and good quality mates. Too bad they're gone.

My current favorite is probably any of my Razor cylons though it changes from time to time. A couple of Razor and classic cylons and the classic trek bridge crew have a permanent spot on my desk at work and I rotate through a few others. Currently, I have DC Superman, Straitjacket Hannibal, and Spiderman with his web grabbing the Rhino in the rotating section. There's also an ED-209 who scales well with the mates. I used to have more but I'm trying to keep it semi-professional. ;)

Not enough? :D

Seriously, around 200. Mostly Sci-fi and boxed sets, though I am slowly getting into comic book mates because I can read comic books again without getting fed up. Also, the Iron Man movie made me REALLY want Iron Men :D

All time Favorite: Dead Pegasus Six. She's just amazingly well done from an artistic and design standpoint. It doesn't hurt I'm a huge BSG fan though ;) Second Favorite: Probably Shirtless Sulu because we always used to joke about him when I was a kid growing up. We nicknamed a store "Sulu's intimate apparel" and we made jokes like "Free pointy sword and bottle of veggie oil with each purchase". Obviously, there are contenders for that throne though, I think the War Machine Variant coming up might be a contender if it turns out as well/better than the press photos. I also think Deadpool has a lot of potential, but the fact that DSTMatt said "No removable mask" in the last Q&A makes me sadpanda :(

at one point i had around 500. pretty much anything minimate i owned.

I have sold off the majority of my collection except for some core mates, I simply could not part with.

I have around 80 now. All DC and Marvel.

I still buy new ones, and Avenger Minimates are my drug of choice. I actually sold off some i am trying to get back now.

I sold all of my customs, save two...my crossbones (which is new) and my Conan. Which I absolutely will never get rid of.

Even though I scaled back ALOT these are still my obsession.

moc847

• 11 months later...

Bringing back this thread because I have just inventoried (nearly) every Minimate I have--apart from the 20 or so that are in my office at work and a few stragglers that I know are hiding in a box in my room, and the tally is:

Loose Minimates*

Marvel: 325

DC: 118

Movie/TV: 129

Exclusives/Blanks: 8

Packaged Minimates

151 (in box sets, 2 packs, and single carded packs)

Overall: 731

I didn't have a really clear idea of how many Minimates I had, but this doesn't actually seem as bad as I had feared. Once I get around 1,000, I think that will be about enough, and I'll have to start working toward unloading Minimates as I get new ones.

My total came to 711 unique minimates when I got Goth Girl a bit ago, I have probably 60-70 duplicates as well on top of that. My favorite lines are Marvel and BSG and my favorite minimates are definitely the Iron Men, Gambit and Deadpool (both comic version). My favorite minimate that I really don't know anything about the actual character is Nova. There are so may that are just amazing though so picking other favorites is difficult.

i have 16 now and because most of my family still think that minimates are lego men, the only ones i'm getting are the ones i buy myself. sad :(

back on subject, my favorite line is either marvel or ghostbusters. i like marvel because there are so many distinctive characters that i want in mini-form. as for ghostbusters, all i can say is: BUSTIN' MAKES ME FEEL GOOD!

my favorite minimate out of my collection is probably war machine or prof x ( who doesnt want a teeny tiny bald guy in thier collection?)

I have 10 so far:

• Deadpool & Special Ops Wolverine
  • Logan & Sabertooth
  • Origins Wolverine & Agent Zero
  • Battle Damaged Wolverine & Gambit
  • WWII Wolverine & Final Battle Deadpool

In addition, I will most likely be getting the Dark Avengers Minimates (both sets) and possibly the Iron Man and/or Incredible Hulk movie version 'mates for Christmas. Also, I recently ordered a bunch online. Hopefully, they will be arriving late November/early December, if not sooner.