UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Civil War

Okay well so far we have had 3 tie-in's, Spider-Man, She-Hulk, and Wolverine. So far the list goes:

For Registration Act:

1. Iron Man
  2. Mr. Fantastic
  3. Yellowjacket
  4. Spider-Man
  5. Tigra
  6. Ms. Marvel
  7. She-Hulk
Against Registration Act:
  1. Captain America
  2. Falcon
  3. Nick Fury
  4. Young Avengers
  5. Cloak and Dagger
  6. Daredevil
  7. Cable
  8. Goliath
  9. Hercules
  10. Namor
  11. Dr.Strange
  12. Black Bolt
  13. Justice
  14. Rage
I'm sorta confused at the moment though regarding She-Hulk and Wolverine. In the promo art Woverine is on Cap's side, but it has yet to be determined. And She-Hulk's was confusing, on one side as Jennifer she does'nt want the Registration Act, but on the internet they are saying that as She-Hulk she is on Iron Man's side. Who else do you think will join what side. Stay tuned here for all your team needs. ;)

This might help you guys keep track of who is on whose side:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_civil_war

In the beginning when Runaways/Young Avengers was solicited, I thought that the Young Avengers would be Pro-Registration since they seemed to want to be taken seriously and want to be trained while the Runaways would be Anti-Registration because, well, anything adults do is bad. But I don't think that's the case due to the preview pages of Civil War #2.

Anyway, I remembered the confusing gesture Black Bolt made in the Illuminati Special. But I believe Bendis explained the scene so unless something changed, I believe Black Bolt is Anti.

Whose side am I on? I'll be the guy in the middle instigating the fight! :D

Why is John Jameson on that list in wikipedia? He's not even a super hero, sure he was the Man-Wolf but it's not like he has control of that form when he turns into him.

In She-Hulk hes been test flying a plane designed for taking down super heroes, so it'll probably figure in the plot line at some point.

Well, I finally picked up Civil War #1 tonight at the LCS...

Cap's a bad muther...

That was the best action sequence I've seen in a comic in a loooong time.

Dude, did anyone pick up Civil War #2 yet, probably one of the best endings so far:

Spider-man reveals his identity to the world! And I love how Jonah faints when he says who he is.

And Cap does some extreme action on that bus carrying the Young Avengers, the first is updated with whos on whos side. ;)

Edit: I tried doing a spoiler box and it totally went blank on me, what the heck!

That was a bit of a shocker... Would have been better if another hero hadn't have done it about a year ago... But, regardless, my jaw dropped a bit.

The headline on Yahoo's webpage ruined it for me... And I avoided the article on Newsarama all day. Oh well. Regardless, it was still a shocker while reading it through just a few moments ago. I only wish that they didn't put the 3rd to last and the 2nd to last page together. It would have built up more suspense for me if they put an ad inbetween. I'm looking forward to the possbilities now.

Man, I thought the Spider-Armor was a cataclysmic change.

Also, I heard Aunt May wore an Iron Man suit and fought in it recently. I think it was in The Other storyline. Anyway, she's going to need it now. Poor Aunt May.

One more surprising thing was seeing the Darktide DVD ad right before the shocking moment. I don't remember seeing the ad anywhere else in a comic, but I could be wrong. It was a double whammie for me.

Damnit! Stark, get out those brainwashing secret identity erasing death sats of yours again mate....

I could live with other recent changes to that character in question, but.... not that that. Having an secret id is key IMO. Damnit!

Joe Q should be shot dead on how he runs Marvel and how he manages the main man Spidey. He knows nothing about Spider-man, he just belives he does. Joe Q is a damn fool and nothing great/astounding has really happened during his tenure. Horrible moves that have made me pay a little more attention to the DC universe.

• 2 months later...

A lot of people are against Spidey unmasking, but I think it was a necessary, inevitable change. My only gripe is that at the beginning of the Civil War, as well as the Spider-Man road to Civil War, Spidey was all against exposing who a hero is. Apparently, a lot of talk between him and Tony after that took place off panel.

Anyway, as the story progresses, we now know that the pros have Thor, Sentry, She-Hulk, and countless other heavy-hitters. With Thing choosing to walk away, who do the antis have to match the massive firepower on the pros end?

*Spoiler Alert*

Also, it seems Thor went a bit excessive at the end of Civil War #3, as we learn in Cable & Deadpool that an anti-registration hero bit the dust. We won't know who until Civil War #4 comes out, but I wanted to poll the audience and see who they thought was the deceased do-gooder.

Assuming the latest Spider-Man takes place after Civil War #3, then we know it isn't Captain America, or any of the heroes pictured with him running through the sewers (don't have the book on me, so I can't list names at present). We can also safely assume its not Cable, since he was the one to deliver the news. Its not likely Daredevil, since Iron Fist currently is slated to get his own title after Civil War ends, and it wouldn't be an interesting read to have issue after issue focusing on a corpse. My guess is that its either Hercules, who took a hit of lightning at the end of CW3, or one of the Young Avengers (assuming of course that YA/Runaways takes place before CW3).

Any thoughts?