UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Street Fighter 'Mates

Shup Dude

See, I always thought this to be the pivotal Chun Li movie, edited though it may be:

I had that on tape when I was in middle school, and let a friend borrow it. When it came back to me, when the Chun Li shower scene came on, there were lines on the screen, as if it were paused and re-winded several times. I didn't want to touch the tape again after that :yucky:

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I always thought this to be the pivotal Chun Li movie, edited though it may be:

I had that on tape when I was in middle school, and let a friend borrow it. When it came back to me, when the Chun Li shower scene came on, there were lines on the screen, as if it were paused and re-winded several times. I didn't want to touch the tape again after that :yucky:

This (and the fact that this scene practically illustrates the fundamentals of "fan service") actually made me LOL. I remember watching the animated movie a lot as a kid and wondering why an assassin would strike in the shower :huh:

... and dammit, now all this nostalgia is making me crave Vega and Cammy minimates :pinch:

As for Chun Li moviemates? Eh, unless they're gonna pull a miracle release of the long-lost second wave of SF then these mates are gonna look awful dull. (This is assuming the Chun Li movie is gonna stray from canon visually and appear as drab and monochramatic as X3)

Probably as good as anywhere to admit that I had never even heard of Street Fighter ,Halo, MGS,Street Racer or Grand Theft Auto until after I'd gotten either the Minimates or kubricks :unsure: My last foray at a computer-game involved a little round guy munching something or other :blush:

Edited by buttheadsmate

I think it'll be more appropriate if they released mates based on the new street fighter 4,than the movie,but either way some new street fighter mates would be awesome!! oh and that chun li movie scene was tops aswell as the fighting scene that took place afterwards

They'll make WAY more money if they insert a little ad for street fighter minimates into the Street Fighter 4 game booklet. Just dreaming.

Anywhoo,

SF minimates they ABSOLUTELY HAVE to make:

Sagat

Sean

Ibuki

Alex

Hugo (Oh, I can just imagine the fun i'll have with him.)

Cammy

Charlie

(The Bruce Li Guy) (Forgot his name)

All of the Wave 2 SF minimates

Bishamon

L. Raptor

Pyro

Birdie

Gen

and Dhalsim

DO IT NOW!!!!

Probably as good as anywhere to admit that I had never even heard of Street Fighter ,Halo, MGS,Street Racer or Grand Theft Auto until after I'd gotten either the Minimates or kubricks :unsure: My last foray at a computer-game involved a little round guy munching something or other :blush:

That would be Ms Pacman ;)

Nope ...Graham Norton does Andrew Lloyd Webber. Nintendo64.. Spectrum 32?

Spectrums were 16 or 48, Never 32... silly old BHM! ;)

Hehe.. ok so yeah a ZX Spectrum 16k was my first ever computer and it is probably a long way responsible for making me the geek I am today!

T.

Spectrums were 16 or 48, Never 32... silly old BHM! ;)

Hehe.. ok so yeah a ZX Spectrum 16k was my first ever computer and it is probably a long way responsible for making me the geek I am today!

T.

Silly silly ol'bhm :P ....I had the bootleg-upgrade ....bhm cluches at straws before the snoozes engulf him. Damn you Timbo nobody else would have had a clue..G'Night Mate :lol:

They'll make WAY more money if they insert a little ad for street fighter minimates into the Street Fighter 4 game booklet. Just dreaming.

Anywhoo,

Sagat

Sean

Ibuki

Alex

Cammy

Charlie

Bishamon

L. Raptor

Pyro

Birdie

Gen

and Dhalsim

DO IT NOW!!!!

dude I'm a huge street fighter fan as well, and I agree with you all the way,

but I feel having the new characters would also be a bonus, and of course Sakura,she's my favorite!!but lets not forget the darkstalkers games as well, I hope to one day have a roster of x-men vs street fighter/marvel vs capcom mates! that would be awesome!

Anywhoo,

Sagat

Sean

Ibuki

Alex

Cammy

Charlie

Bishamon

L. Raptor

Pyro

Birdie

Gen

and Dhalsim

DO IT NOW!!!!

but I feel having the new characters would also be a bonus, and of course Sakura,she's my favorite!!but lets not forget the darkstalkers games as well, I hope to one day have a roster of x-men vs street fighter/marvel vs capcom mates! that would be awesome!

Bulleta! Bulleta! Ruby Heart! Bulleta!

(Yes, I have something of a soft spot for Marvel vs. Capcom :D)

HAHAHAHA That's pure awesome! I had something similar happen to me, except it was a ToyFare magazine, and the edges on one page were all messed up.

Wow. What movie is that? That's pure awesome right there!

HAHAHAHA That's pure awesome! I had something similar happen to me, except it was a ToyFare magazine, and the edges on one page were all messed up.

Wow. What movie is that? That's pure awesome right there!

I believe it is this one

And personally I'd take this over the Van Damme movie anyday.

Anywhoo,

Sagat

Sean

Ibuki

Alex

Cammy

Charlie

Bishamon

L. Raptor

Pyro

Birdie

Gen

and Dhalsim

DO IT NOW!!!!

Oh man, what a dream to have a MvC pack! I would pee my pants if they had a license to do that.

I believe it is this one

That is the one. Though I haven't seen that "movie" in 10+ years or so, the fight scenes were pretty good as I recall. I remember Ryu fighting the Bruce Lee guy, and the Chun Li/Vega matches as real standouts. Plus, the opening was pretty cool, starting with the end to SF1 w/Ryu dramatically fighting Sagat out in a lightning storm.

I believe it is this one

That is the one. Though I haven't seen that "movie" in 10+ years or so, the fight scenes were pretty good as I recall. I remember Ryu fighting the Bruce Lee guy, and the Chun Li/Vega matches as real standouts. Plus, the opening was pretty cool, starting with the end to SF1 w/Ryu dramatically fighting Sagat out in a lightning storm.

i have this movie. the dvd came with this and "alpha generation".

i havent seen it prior to buying it (like 2 years ago) so i didnt buy it for the chun-li scene :P:whistling:

Edited by the punisher=D

Anywhoo,

Sagat

Sean

Ibuki

Alex

Cammy

Charlie

(The Bruce Li Guy) (Forgot his name) Fei Long

All of the Wave 2 SF minimates except for the DarkStalkers

Bishamon

L. Raptor

Pyro

Birdie

Gen

and Dhalsim

DO IT NOW!!!!

Don't forget

Vega

Sakura

Karin

Juni

Juli

Balrog

ShadowLaw Cammy

Crimson Viper

Anyway those are the ones I think I would Buy. :biggrin:

Anywhoo,

Sagat

Sean

Ibuki

Alex

Cammy

Charlie

Bishamon

L. Raptor

Pyro

Birdie

Gen

and Dhalsim

DO IT NOW!!!!

i'm a huge street fighter fan too. i get goosebumps just thinking about street fighter minimates. too bad i wasn't there to support the minimates when they were released, i just started my collection a couple months ago. but if they did release more, or some for SFIV, i'd buy every single one! a fei long minimate would be awesome! =)

I still know very little about Street Fighter except for the little I've gleaned from posts here. The 'Mates have gained a somewhat unfortunate notoriety here as the 'horse that keeps getting flogged' but to be fair they're not the worst license we've had by any means & are one of the hardest collections to complete relatively speaking. Whether we'd get more SF 'mates is highly doubtful however.

I dont mean to ask questions that have already been answered, but are AA and DST even aware of the demand for SF minimates?

I dont mean to ask questions that have already been answered, but are AA and DST even aware of the demand for SF minimates?

There is no demand... with the exception of the half dozen of you posting in this thread.

DST have made it very clear that they have given up on these, so should you.

T.