UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Street Fighter 'Mates

Shup Dude

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of those who really want new Street Fighter mates.....here is my suggestion:

Make your own, cause it's the only way they'll get made.

I'm a huge Street Fighter fan myself.....but I've come to terms with DST and AA not making any more.

I'm just happy to keep finding the SF 2 two packs in stores like Five Below. I found what is probably the last pack in the Delaware / Philly area today for $2.50. Don't care that I already have tons of these, it's still fun to find them in the wild. Too bad KB toys outlets are gone, they had them for a while too. As far as new ones go, make your own and let the line die...

I'm just happy to keep finding the SF 2 two packs in stores like Five Below. I found what is probably the last pack in the Delaware / Philly area today for $2.50. Don't care that I already have tons of these, it's still fun to find them in the wild. Too bad KB toys outlets are gone, they had them for a while too. As far as new ones go, make your own and let the line die...

oh, good price! yeah, sadly, this line is dead. it's hard looking at the minimates and wondering where the rest of the SF cast is.

street fighter fans don't get any more minimates but we get SFIV.. only 3 weeks away! so excited for that game! i'm still enjoying hd remix too. =)

• 1 year later...
Pretty sure the license is being resurrected. B)

I want Dudley vs Balrog! Then I can pose the Gutter Trash that is Balrog KOed on the ground with Dudley standing on top.

Why is he gutter trash? You do know that in Japan his name is M. Bison, which is Mike Bison, and that he's based on Mike Tyson. I'm pretty sure you don't want him knocking on your front door for insulting a character based on him.

Pretty sure the license is being resurrected. B)

I want Dudley vs Balrog! Then I can pose the Gutter Trash that is Balrog KOed on the ground with Dudley standing on top.

Why is he gutter trash? You do know that in Japan his name is M. Bison, which is Mike Bison, and that he's based on Mike Tyson. I'm pretty sure you don't want him knocking on your front door for insulting a character based on him.

I take it then you don't get the reference.

First of all, Dudley is British much like myself. I have a tendency to like British characters in fighting games. He's also portrayed as a gentleman, again another quality I like and prefer to the more thuggish Balrog/M. Bison. This, combined with the way he plays makes him one of my all time favourite characters in Street Fighter. With regards to minimates, think of Dudley to me the way Kang is to some people - the line would be perfect with his inclusion.

Second I'm a HUGE SFIII fan, and feel it's better than II. I love the changes they made to the mechanics, such as the parry system and "choose your super". I think it was a step in the right direction. I also felt the animation is amazing. The detail on the sprites and the way they move was brilliant. The voice acting was a nice touch as well, and really suited the characters. And I just prefer III's roster. As classic and legendary as II's is, I feel it's overused. III has a charm about it that is often overlooked just becuase it has more "freaks" (even though I'd say the numbers are around equal). I actual prefer beating Gill to Bison/Vega due to the challange his supers (especally his ressurection ability) pose on you.

Third, Dudley has various quotes like "Gutter trash", "You have no dignity" and especally "Lets fight like gentlemen". The way his

says it really adds to the charm of the character (at least in my opinion).

Fourth it's a joke :P! Much like Ninjas vs Pirates, the SF fandom has either Dudley fans or Balrog fans. No one seems to like both.

Edited by pawcanada

Second I'm a HUGE SFIII fan, and feel it's better than II.

^ Dead to me. :D

Third, Dudley has various quotes like "Gutter trash", "You have no dignity" and especally "Lets fight like gentlemen". The way his
says it really adds to the charm of the character (at least in my opinion).

Reminds me of the WWE wrestler William (Steve) Regal.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4215203

New Demetri and Morrigan packs at TRU? Not sure if this has been posted yet...

Kind of.

I was just thinking about SFII Minimates yesterday as I looked through a book on the hostory of the book of SF. There's 2 pages on one of the biggest collections of SF stuff and on the very bottom of the picture you can see Minimates. They were buried way at the bottom of all the other stuff, probably like most Minimate collectors have them in their Minimate collections. I thought about posting, but didn't think we were allowed to post in this thread any more.

He's actually just named after Tyson, since as far as I know the majority of his personality (murdering a man in the ring, joining an international crime syndicate as an enforcer, being best buds with a giant black mohawked Englishman) has nothing to do with Tyson.

Plus, I think Tyson's gripe would be more with Capcom then anyone making fun of Balrog... the person making fun of Balrog didn't make him a money obsessed walking stereotype who literally screams out "I GOT GET PAID!" after winner certain fights and 99.9% of their ending cinemas involve him stealing cash from Bison's exploding base since he wants money. (Granted, Tyson is more then a little cash strapped these days, but he's not screaming "Were's my paycheck?!" at the end of each episode of "Tyson's Pigeons" on Animal Planet or kicking down doors and running away with big bags of loot when a fire alarm goes off at his production office)

Fourth it's a joke :P! Much like Ninjas vs Pirates, the SF fandom has either Dudley fans or Balrog fans. No one seems to like both.

I must have missed this memo, I love the fact there's two very different types of Boxers in SSF4 and although I haven't played SSF4 yet I can't wait to give them both a whirl.

I must have missed this memo, I love the fact there's two very different types of Boxers in SSF4 and although I haven't played SSF4 yet I can't wait to give them both a whirl.

Maybe I'm wrong but I've never seen a fan of both boxers. I don't browse many forums these days, but I do occasionally check the Gamefaq forum for any interesting news and everyone seemed to be in one camp or another (much like SFII vs SFIII).

Plus I'll admit I got a little... OTT with my reply :blush:. Had I not been quoted, I'd have probably deleted or toned it back.

• 1 year later...

Hey,

I just thought i'd revive this thread as I wanted to discuss the Street Fighter II Minimates.

I think there has been a packaging and/or name/costume error with this line, this might be something people are already aware of, but seeing as though i've been hunting the SFII minimates I thought i'd bring it up, first of all most fans of this videogame fighting franchise will be fully aware the characters on the game always have more than 1 costume.

In Ryu's case, he is known for the white Gi he wears, with any other variants or colours being secondary, in this case Evil Ryu is seperate from the P2 colour.

You can see an example of this error here:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=286&n=Ryu+(P2)++Akuma+(P2)

even though the database explains it is Ryu in P2 colours the packaging says Ryu (p1) :mellow:

another example of this is the Morrigan character, which is quite confusing because when I bought the 2pack with Demitri & Morrigan (P2)

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=287&n=Demitri+(P2)++Morrigan+(P2)

I turned my attention to the Player 1 Morrigan, it even lists here as P2 on the packaging again.

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=279&n=Demitri++Morrigan

I recently completed some business with my friend Buttheadsmate, in which on my wants list was P1 Morrigan, at some stage during our discussion he mentioned he only knew of P2 colours for Morrigan.

this is what he said

"I couldn't figure why I didn't send Morrigan last time & now I see why......which of the Morrigans is the one you want? You've asked for P1 yet both the ones I know of are P2 ...maybe I'm wrong so LMK"

Now I know why, it is purely a packaging name error, Player 1 Morrigan should be the turquoise colours with P2 being the pink and black one, although this is highlighted and named correctly on the database it isn't labelled properly on the packaging.

NOTE: i've copied and pasted this and PM'd it to Buttheadsmate just to refresh his memory.

I'm only really highlighting this for completists or people who aren't or haven't been aware of this, i'm quite a big fan of the Street Fighter & Darkstalkers minimates so i obviously wanted to get them all. :)

In friendship

Rich

The '1P' and '2P' on the packaging is decorative only. It doesn't refer to the Minimates inside. If you look at all the Street Fighter two packs and box sets, the '1P' is always on the left and '2P' is always on the right. It's just a design choice, not a description.

Ah now I see that clearly you've pointed it out :biggrin:

But do you see why people would be confused by it? considering the colour alternatives in game are known as P1 and P2 colours? Considering it confused me at first and apparently Rob also seems to be confused by it as well. So admittedly my bad here it's not a packaging error in the true definition but it can lead to confusion regarding player colours, as Rob admittedly thought there was only Morrigan in P2. When really she's available in both colours.

I'll be glad when i get them all :lol: I can then just focus on the Marvel Vs Capcom releases :tongue:

Rich

Rich,in your 'Wants' list you've also got 'Ryu'......there are 4 versions soooooooooo which one ? :tongue:

Ah yes, my apologies for that, I should probably put which colour as it would help :lol: rather than me clog up the thread with our discussion i'll pm you and update my list accordingly, thanks for pointing this out. :)

Rich

Hey,

I'd love the SF mates to return, they sort of have made a comeback, although its more like a toe dipped into the shallow end as they make appearances in MvC :biggrin: I'm still happy anyway I can get added videogame characters.

I've PM'd you just now, having checked what i have planned it doesn't matter which Ryu's to send, I need 2 figures of him to do the customs i have planned, If you send evil ryu or white costume ryu any of those will work. :)

Rich