UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Terminator T2 Judgement day minimates on preorder at BBTS.com

I just really want that John Connor (future version) very cool look!!!

I kind of want the metallic T2000 cop version, if for no other reason than to do a comic where he "pulls over" the silver surfer...

:lol: Dude, that would be hilarious.

"Licence and registration please"

"Occifer, I swear to drunk I'm not God!"

"Uh huh. Step off the board please"

[Points at T2000] "Listen buddy. I gots the powah cosmic. I could blow your head off right here, right now."

"Sir, please step off of the vehicle. This is your last warning"

[sS gets off and starts to breakdance]

"I Got the power. Uh I go the power!"

"You are so under arrest."

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just really want that John Connor (future version) very cool look!!!

I kind of want the metallic T2000 cop version, if for no other reason than to do a comic where he "pulls over" the silver surfer...

:lol: Dude, that would be hilarious.

"Licence and registration please"

"Occifer, I swear to drunk I'm not God!"

"Uh huh. Step off the board please"

[Points at T2000] "Listen buddy. I gots the powah cosmic. I could blow your head off right here, right now."

"Sir, please step off of the vehicle. This is your last warning"

[sS gets off and starts to breakdance]

"I Got the power. Uh I go the power!"

"You are so under arrest."

almost exactly how I planned it!!! well maybe no break dancing :)

If they don't give us Sarah Connor or Arnold, then I'm not that interested. And I don't think likeness issues would apply here since, technically, Minimates are considered a parody, not a true likeness (so Arnold can't complain).

Here's hoping we also get Kyle Reese, young John, Salvation John, and maybe even Cameron and/or Derek from the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

I, uh, don't think minimates are considered parody...

If they don't give us Sarah Connor or Arnold, then I'm not that interested. And I don't think likeness issues would apply here since, technically, Minimates are considered a parody, not a true likeness (so Arnold can't complain).

Here's hoping we also get Kyle Reese, young John, Salvation John, and maybe even Cameron and/or Derek from the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

According to Chuck, they are. I think he said that at one of the Minimate panels/meetups during SDCC 2007.

According to Chuck, they are. I think he said that at one of the Minimate panels/meetups during SDCC 2007.

i may be wrong but im sure i read somewhere think it was the AA website that Liv Tyler compalaind about her likeness not being right in particular on the packaging ;)

I think that legally it depends on the license, broad things like BSG and 24 where the license is for the show not the actors themselves mean that likenesses generally are considered character rather than actor likenesses. Hence the caricature ( I'd say parody is too strong a word).

A couple of years back DST/AA were asked about likenesses and how much of a pain was it to get people to sign off on their likenesses. Donna commented that in the past they have gotten likeness too close for and have to change them. The example i believe was Tony from 24, apparently they totally nailed it but because it was a Product license ( rather than one for the specific person) they were told to make him a little more generic, strange but true...

T.

when i first saw this thread i thought it was someones wish list, and i thought to myself yeah i guess t2 mates would be cool. then i see the pictures on toy news international and i got to say, i like 'em. sure it would have been cool to get an Arnold but i will settle for the t100. but this is only the production art, i can't wait to see what they look like in person

par⋅o⋅dy   /ˈpærədi/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [par-uh-dee] Show IPA Pronunciation

noun, plural -dies, verb, -died, -dyâ‹…ing.

–noun 1. a humorous or satirical imitation of a serious piece of literature or writing: his hilarious parody of Hamlet's soliloquy.

2. the genre of literary composition represented by such imitations.

3. a burlesque imitation of a musical composition.

4. any humorous, satirical, or burlesque imitation, as of a person, event, etc.

5. the use in the 16th century of borrowed material in a musical setting of the Mass (parody Mass).

6. a poor or feeble imitation or semblance; travesty: His acting is a parody of his past greatness.

–verb (used with object) 7. to imitate (a composition, author, etc.) for purposes of ridicule or satire.

8. to imitate poorly or feebly; travesty.

car⋅i⋅ca⋅ture   /ˈkærɪkətʃər, -ˌtʃʊər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kar-i-kuh-cher, -choor] Show IPA Pronunciation

noun, verb, -tured, -turâ‹…ing.

–noun 1. a picture, description, etc., ludicrously exaggerating the peculiarities or defects of persons or things: His caricature of the mayor in this morning's paper is the best he's ever drawn.

2. the art or process of producing such pictures, descriptions, etc.

3. any imitation or copy so distorted or inferior as to be ludicrous.

–verb (used with object) 4. to make a caricature of; represent in caricature.

I do not think minimates are parody as much of a caricature of existing properties.

WOW. Way to split hairs, everyone. Maybe it wasn't the BEST choice of words, but I think I managed to get the point across all the same that likeness isn't an issue when it comes to Minimates.

Sorry to get your panties in a bunch, ladies. Next time, I'll be sure to consult my dictionary before posting.

Sheesh.

WOW. Way to split hairs, everyone. Maybe it wasn't the BEST choice of words, but I think I managed to get the point across all the same that likeness isn't an issue when it comes to Minimates.

Sorry to get your panties in a bunch, ladies. Next time, I'll be sure to consult my dictionary before posting.

Sheesh.

Hmmm funny thing is I wasn't making a thing of it just trying to clarify the point and I actually think MoC was pinging my post not yours!

Perhaps while you have the dictionary out you could look up insecurity and overreaction? ;)

T.

If this is true, I can't wait 'til April '09!

It says it comes with 6... so does that mean we'll get an extra of one pictured or another totally different one? If so, I hope it's an extra robotic one, I'd love to have two or more of them.

WOO!

Oh hell no. Just buy two or three sets; since there are so many already, you'll get tons of army-builders (yeah, no army-builder sets, eh Chuck?? ;) )

I would personally hope the last to be Arnold or Sarah. Preferably Sarah, since they bould package the Arnold/BD T1000 with sleeve pieces to make Arnold.

Nice set, and ill probably get it just for an awsome robo-fight. :)

the new previews magazine has the right details for the set

A Diamond Select Release! Art Asylum Designs & Sculpts! "Judgment Day" is here — and it's never been cuter! Featuring the Terminator franchise's Minimates debut, this new series of individually-packaged Terminators is perfect for creating the ultimate unstoppable Minimate army! Includes one each of the following: t-800 endoskeleton, battle damage t-800 (with gatlin gun) t-800 half human terminator, t-1000 and the extremely rare general john conner! Labled, window box packaging.

Just checked AFX.com they have the asst. listed like the Cylon single boxes. The price is about $77.00 for the case. The listing says you'll get some extras of some of the mates. So BBTS got it wrong or they're just selling 'a set' of the case.

I'd say that BBTS has got their pricing structure wrong & will not be able to maintain that $25 for 6.

There's no doubt a boxed set or (we can hope) a series of T2 minimates are gonna surface. This is how BSG kicked of their sucessful minimate run.

Yeah, this seems to be a logical conclusion; surely they wouldn't release one without plans for the others (unless there were licensing issues). I'd imagine that we'll get a boxset for each movie (if not a on-going line of two packs, though boxsets seem to be the successful format) and that these are just meant to complement them and generate interest in the line. We'll more than likely see a few of these reappear in future sets. This is, theoretically, the idea behind "counter-dumps": affordable, impulse buys that grab a consumer's attention and lure them in (like a product sample). Unfortunately, I doubt that stores use them for their intended purpose (as the market seems predominantly on-line); most will be divided-up or sold by the case.

While not my favorite of franchises, I will certainly be adding these to my collection! B)

Edited by cdubya

Just checked AFX.com they have the asst. listed like the Cylon single boxes. The price is about $77.00 for the case. The listing says you'll get some extras of some of the mates. So BBTS got it wrong or they're just selling 'a set' of the case.

I'd say that BBTS has got their pricing structure wrong & will not be able to maintain that $25 for 6.

Especially if they're intending on including "the extremly rare" Gen. John Connor (one per case I'd imagine)! :P

Then again, they still have Ghost Rider Moviemates for pre-order. God-bless BBTS and their info-leaking mishaps.

If DST is gonna do the standard 4 pack treatment for T2, my guess is it will contain the following.

• Arnie Terminator with shot gun (maybe mini-gun if we're lucky)
  • John Connor w/ backpack and computer keybord
  • Sarah Connor (ponytail version) with assault rifle and pistol
  • T-1000 with all the accessories much like Luke314PI's amazing custom: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/luke314pi/T1000.jpg
Edited by MINI_MYTE