UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Terminator T2 Judgement day minimates on preorder at BBTS.com

A motorcycle with this set would be perfect. (Then I can finally have a motorcycle for GR...damn you Marvel...)

Are you familiar with this? It seems to be pretty compatible with Minimates (I've seen someone around here post a picture of MM GR on this bike, and it looked good).

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A motorcycle with this set would be perfect. (Then I can finally have a motorcycle for GR...damn you Marvel...)

Are you familiar with this? It seems to be pretty compatible with Minimates (I've seen someone around here post a picture of MM GR on this bike, and it looked good).

If you guys want a bike look no further than this http://cgi.ebay.com/TERMINATOR-2-JUDGEMENT...1QQcmdZViewItem

WOW Terminator 2 Kubricks, I wonder what happened to dst's stand point that "we're not going to pursue that license as another block company makes/made figures already"

i remember that phrase getting used alot in the old Q&A's

this could be the opening of a whole pandora's box of minimates *keeps finger's crossed*

Edited by winkerbean

They aren't kubricks although kubrick have produced Terminator kubricks. I believe these are Cubes (I'll check & edit).

edit: I was thinking of Bloxx which was yet another company which did a Terminator block-figure set post-638-1226770743_thumb.jpg

The ones I originally mentioned( in the tin) were made by Noble Toys & I swear they are called Kubes but I can't find mine at the moment to check. Heres a better picture post-638-1226771060_thumb.jpg

The kubricks are sweet & there are 2 sets that I know of & have post-638-1226771103_thumb.jpgpost-638-1226771150_thumb.jpg

Its Saturday night (& I'm settled) so none of these pictures are my own but in due course I'll perhaps take some pictures .

In the meantime buy that ebay item(s) before my lack of willpower overcomes me again. :rolleyes:

Edited by buttheadsmate

not normally into movie mates not even that keen on the marvel ones (although the iron man movie mates look really cool) but WOAH its the freaking terminater robots ,guns and with any luck interchageable pointy bits for the T1000's hands ) oh and we need to start a petition to send to underground toy i want my doctor mates!!

concerning Arnold's likeness I don't think you need to get rights for it anymore because once he became govenor his likeness became part of the public domain. So if I cam correct all Dst needs is the rights to the character.

Ah, that's a good point. I didn't think of that.

No offense guys, but there are so many other movies I'd rather see made into mates instead of Terminator 2.

But going by the thread, I seem to be the only one.....so just my thoughts.

You're not. I'd rather have Bond, Harry Potter, and Ghostbusters to name a few. It's just the army building possibilities are dizzyingly awesome.

I agree, there are lots of other movie licenses I would prefer, but that doesn't mean that I'm not really happy to see these. Plus, if having these means we might one day get Colonial Marines and Alien army builders, well, that would be pretty freakin' sweet, wouldn't it? Predator Minimate armies, anyone? I bet you $5 they would sell better than those Cylons that keep getting released.

I dunno why, but by the concept I kind of dislike them. They're just so boring, and you're basically getting the same guy over and over(battle damaged, joy!) The way I see it, the only ones worth getting are Terminator(Been waiting for a Schwarzenegger, I really hope they come out with one), Endoskeleton, and T-1000(If he doesn't have extra parts I'll punch a baby).

I guess they are good for Army Building, but I' pretty sure they'll be much more expensive to army build than the Cylons were. I'm not all that crazy about them, but the good news is I know they are doing sci-fi movies now. :D

Edited by McDurg

I think a Terminator line of Minimates has been on a lot of people's wishlists for a long time.

I am currently watching Sarah Connor Chronicles so these are right up my street.

The Terminator endoskeleton is an icon so I think these will sell well. I can definitely see them being split up individually and sold in cases in the same way the BSG stuff was.

Great news, not been this excited about a Minimates license in ages.

I mean there was already a Terminator vs Superman book...

Doesn't seem like much of a fight. Was it 2 pages long? "Terminator appears, Superman melts it with heat vision and/or throws it into the sun, the end"

I picked up a Batman vs. Predator series years and years back. . .seems a little more balanced.

Edited by karamazov80

I mean there was already a Terminator vs Superman book...

Doesn't seem like much of a fight. Was it 2 pages long? "Terminator appears, Superman melts it with heat vision and/or throws it into the sun, the end"

I picked up a Batman vs. Predator series years and years back. . .seems a little more balanced.

actually from what i remember it was pretty good.

supes got pulled to the future to fight, and left supergirl and superboy (clone) to battle terminators

The way I see this working out, is if they make a Main character box set, an Endo-Skeleton 4 pack and Ala BSG single pack Endo-Skeletons for those who only want 1 and not an army.

Make a decent amount of the 2 Box sets and not as many of the Single pack stuff.

This way, I don't see the market being flooded with these, then just sitting on the shelves.

Like in the store I work at, we have had BSG singles since the came out.....and currently have the same number we did then minus 3......

I think the singles would work better with Terminator since it is more widely known than Battlestar Galactica.

Although personally, would still rather have other movie mates....lol

TNI has a bit about them up http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=168&itemid=13690

nothing new but they don't mention John Conner & the T-1000 either

This looks like It was stolen from the info at BBTS, so not really news.

With the fact it's leaked I'd expect DST to announce something in the next week or so.

Personally I like the idea of terminator mini's just as long as we get more than a slew of variations on the endoskeleton.

T.

If they don't give us Sarah Connor or Arnold, then I'm not that interested. And I don't think likeness issues would apply here since, technically, Minimates are considered a parody, not a true likeness (so Arnold can't complain).

Here's hoping we also get Kyle Reese, young John, Salvation John, and maybe even Cameron and/or Derek from the Sarah Connor Chronicles.