UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hi from Kentucky

Yes I think you did. Although the X-Files had begun to burn out way before Mulder left ,once he had gone the show began to pick up . Once that show left the Pacific NW there was a lot of 'unruhe' in the cast & as Heidegger wrote - 'Sein und zeit'.

Impressive. Most impressive! Martin has taught you well. I didn't know that ol' Snorkasaurus is erudite.

:tongue:

Nevertheless, thanks for the hint! I agree, that the show lost it's charme even when Mulder was still in it. I was a fan of the relationship between Mulder and Scully, so I thought, particularly when the show burned out at the Mulder/Scully end, there's no reason to keep on watching it with that new sidekick. Maybe, if I have the time someday, I'll give it a second chance.

....ol' Snorkasaurus is erudite enough to navigate Wiki & is always willing to learn :biggrin: Unfortunately I never learned to speak German & my knowledge of it is confined to German titles of X Files episodes, Bayern Munich,Sepp Blatter & Germany 1 England 5. I generally speak German once a year in Austria when ordering my ski-pass ,ordering lager ,gluhwein & germknodels & negotiating bail conditions for one or two of my friends. Your German is superb however :tongue: .... as is your English.

....ol' Snorkasaurus is erudite enough to navigate Wiki & is always willing to learn :biggrin: Unfortunately I never learned to speak German & my knowledge of it is confined to German titles of X Files episodes, Bayern Munich,Sepp Blatter & Germany 1 England 5. I generally speak German once a year in Austria when ordering my ski-pass ,ordering lager ,gluhwein & germknodels & negotiating bail conditions for one or two of my friends. Your German is superb however :tongue: .... as is your English.

I had to google wer zum Teufel Sepp Blattler is, now I know. Thanks. I'm so not into football, you won't believe, but I do know that "Germany 1 England 5" is wrong. To quote one of your own: "Football is a simple game: 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win."

But the way you learned German phrases I did learn my Spanish ones. I can say "donde esta la zapateria?" because of Pulp Fiction and "Médico, por favor" because of No Country For Old Men (Which both are superb movies!)

Poor bastard. . .you clearly have not seen the Wire . . . :no:

I've heard of the Wire and everybody spoke highly of it, but I think it's not available in Germany, yet. Is it really that good?

And, by the way:

:offtopic:

Sorry, Mulder.

Poor bastard. . .you clearly have not seen the Wire . . . :no:

Steve McQueen..?..the Great Escape ?

Actually 'The Wire' is on my radar & is, I believe, released on DVD early December (complete). I'm not entirely sure whether this everyday story of Baltimore in decline will translate well to the 'poor fatherless' in Devon but I'll give it a go perhaps starting with Season 1 only .