UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hi from Kentucky

Hi,

Just yesterday I came across this board with the wonders of google yesterday at work. I had recently came into 20 unopened blind boxes of Series 2 X-Files Palz well i got them and sealed Box of Kubricks and well I posted about my joy on a couple of collectible boards I go to but got no responses really. So I was thinking maybe there is a board out here for people that like these little guys. Which lead me here. I am like in toy heaven. There is a section for Lego, Mighty Muggs etc.... I collect all this stuff.

Please excuse Karamazov80 he is rude & foul-mouthed with little of interest to say . I, on the other hand, am a friend to all & welcome you. I can see you are a great guy &.......any chance of selling me that Desmond ?????????? :tongue:

LOL! thanks... I am going to hang on to the Desmond.. :teehee: The main reason I took a change buying a sealed box was to hopefully pull Desmond or Ben. Of course now I got a ton of extra's that I am not sure what I am going to do with yet.

Welcome to the Multiverse Mulder. Kentucky, huh? I'm a Louisville-boy myself, now living in New Orleans.

louisville? hot damn, i'm in louisville pretty much every single weekend, dude! my girlfriend lives in valley station, in fact. small fookin' world. :tongue:

i mostly hang in the highlands area. have you ever been to sapparo? it's an awesome sushi joint along bardstown road.

or what about "the back door"? sounds like a gay bar (not that there's anything wrong with that, of course), but it's not. it's a cool pool bar right behind the mid-city mall.

and "the great escape" is a terrific comic shop--- i know you've probably been to that place before.

oh, and welcome aboard, mulder! this is a great site. i'm sure you'll love it.

Edited by matt kennedy

i mostly hang in the highlands area. have you ever been to sapparo? it's an awesome sushi joint along bardstown road.

or what about "the back door"? sounds like a gay bar (not that there's anything wrong with that, of course), but it's not. it's a cool pool bar right behind the mid-city mall.

and "the great escape" is a terrific comic shop--- i know you've probably been to that place before.

I lived in the Highlands on Grinstead. I bartended at Phoenix Hill Tavern for years while I went to U of L. The Back Door was walking distance so I went there often to play pool.

Great Escape was a home away from home for me.

The Truth is Out There

So one X-Phile to another, what did you think of I Want to Believe?

Me, I found it rather sadly disappointing.

I was dissapointed as well. They made a big screen movie that was basically a mediocre tv episode. I was expecting so much more for the 2nd movie. I hope they get one more shot to do it right. Without Frank Spotnitz and Chris Carter doing the writing this time.

Edited by Mulder

The Truth is Out There

So one X-Phile to another, what did you think of I Want to Believe?

Me, I found it rather sadly disappointing.

I was dissapointed as well. They made a big screen movie that was basically a mediocre tv episode. I was expecting so much more for the 2nd movie. I hope they get one more shot to do it right. Without Frank Spotnitz and Chris Carter doing the writing this time.

Oh absolutely. They need a chance to wrap up the Mytharc properly with the 2012 invasion which is what Carter said he'd do with X-Files 3. Oh gods of Film, let it be so!

Welcome to the forum, Mulder!

For you & any other X-Files fans out there who were disappointed in the 2nd movie (I didn't see it due to the poor responses from my friends), here's something I did. It was originally for a friend of mine who was/is a HUGE fan.

Fake movie poster

Welcome to the forum, Mulder!

For you & any other X-Files fans out there who were disappointed in the 2nd movie (I didn't see it due to the poor responses from my friends), here's something I did. It was originally for a friend of mine who was/is a HUGE fan.

Fake movie poster

Nothing 'too' fake about that, excellent stuff. I rarely go to the movies but I went to see 'I Want To Believe' in San Diego ,the day of the 'quake ,I wasn't moved by either event.

Nothing 'too' fake about that, excellent stuff. I rarely go to the movies but I went to see 'I Want To Believe' in San Diego ,the day of the 'quake ,I wasn't moved by either event.

Thanks, BHM! It was primarily done to give my friend hope for a better sequel -- and it seemed to cheer her up.

Homestar17,

Love the poster very cool! :D I use to do a comic like strip website with X-Files Palz. I been thinking about reopening it. If I do I love to put your poster on there. I would of course give you full credit for it.

Mulder, thanks! As long as you give credit, I don't mind. :) (Most of my stuff is done to amuse myself or make my friends laugh.)

I lived in the Highlands on Grinstead. I bartended at Phoenix Hill Tavern for years while I went to U of L. The Back Door was walking distance so I went there often to play pool.

Great Escape was a home away from home for me.

very cool. a good friend of mine is pretty fond of phoenix hill, but i usually stick with the barret bar (which is right off of grinstead, actually) and the back door.

mulder: ashland, eh? never been to ashland, but i currently live in somerset... which is about 2 hours south of louisville.

i repeat: small world. ;)

Well, hi there and welcome.

I have to admit, that I stopped caring for the X-Files when Mulder left the series. I never watched an episode after that. Did I miss anything?

Yes I think you did. Although the X-Files had begun to burn out way before Mulder left ,once he had gone the show began to pick up . Once that show left the Pacific NW there was a lot of 'unruhe' in the cast & as Heidegger wrote - 'Sein und zeit'.

Even when it was bad it was better than a lot of the drivel we get now. Great show ,my all time favourite series bar none.

I have to admit, that I stopped caring for the X-Files when Mulder left the series. I never watched an episode after that. Did I miss anything?

Yes I think you did. Although the X-Files had begun to burn out way before Mulder left ,once he had gone the show began to pick up . Once that show left the Pacific NW there was a lot of 'unruhe' in the cast & as Heidegger wrote - 'Sein und zeit'.

Even when it was bad it was better than a lot of the drivel we get now. Great show ,my all time favourite series bar none.

Not even BSG?!

Not even BSG?!

Too close to call at the moment :biggrin:

Impressive. Most impressive! Martin has taught you well. I didn't know that ol' Snorkasaurus is erudite.

:tongue:

Nevertheless, thanks for the hint! I agree, that the show lost it's charme even when Mulder was still in it. I was a fan of the relationship between Mulder and Scully, so I thought, particularly when the show burned out at the Mulder/Scully end, there's no reason to keep on watching it with that new sidekick. Maybe, if I have the time someday, I'll give it a second chance.