UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Black Bolt Custom Help

OH MY GOD.

Anyone who's ever attempted a Black Bolt custom... tell me, did getting the little thing on his forehead just right drive you absolutely bat shit crazy? I have the whole figure done.. and no matter what I do, paper, plastic, sticker, krazy glue... getting that little thing on his forehead created is just the most infuriating thing in the world. You wouldn't think it, but a combination of the shape you'd have to cut out, and how small it is (meaning it's hard to get into those grooves between the 'horns' of it, etc...) is just insane... I've gone through like 12 different head thingies. I can't get that little symbol right no matter what I do.

HELP!!

(Originally posted this up in the how to section, but I don't think anyone actually checks the sticky threads :P)

The only Blackbolt custom I can find is one be Tenime Art and that has BB's tuning fork painted on. What I did notice is the Superhero Squad BB has the tuning fork. Now if you really wanted a piece that stands proud of the mask/head you could think about cutting away the one from the SHQ figure and gluing it to your custom.

post-179-1226512209_thumb.jpg

If my sanity is tested any further I may end up having to just paint it/stick it on flat rather than have a physical piece that stands out... it's lazy, but it may be the only way. I assume the superhero squad one may be too big.

However, seeing that pic... where did you get Prof X's chair from??

Thanks, Joe! He's a definite improvement over my first one...(not that I sold Luke a P.O.S., but it'd been a few years in between doing them, I just really feel that I've grown as a customizer...) And, yeah, it's lazy. If I wanted to, I could've sculpted it on. I'm not a whiz with Green Stuff, but I've done more complicated things successfully. That should be a snap...

And, he's right. Kubrick Prof. Pop the armrests off (something I learned too late, if you can see the scuff marks on them), slice off Kubrick Prof's peg (I think it was a peg...it was so long ago...), glue a Minimate crotch (minus the crotch & leg balls...heh..."balls"), and voila!! (Oh, and I drew the plaid onto the blanket...it's just plain red, otherwise...)

:thumbsup:

Edited by TENIME_art

And, he's right. Kubrick Prof. Pop the armrests off (something I learned too late, if you can see the scuff marks on them), slice off Kubrick Prof's peg (I think it was a peg...it was so long ago...), glue a Minimate crotch (minus the crotch & leg balls...heh..."balls"), and voila!! (Oh, and I drew the plaid onto the blanket...it's just plain red, otherwise...)

:thumbsup:

holy damn, THAT'S how it's done. I've had a Kubrick Prof X sitting on a shelf for weeks. :D now hang on, how DO you pop off the armrests?

Edited by lastmaximal