UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Why not as much Hulk Love?

hyejinx1984

Looks like ever since the Iron Man movie came out there has been a Iron Man Movie Wave, Iron Mam Through the Ages Box Set, Iron Man Movie Box Set, several IM relatd figures in up coming waves... and Golden Iron Man in the Avengers Box Set. Hulk who also had a movie come out, had a movie related wave... that's it. Now, granted the Iron Man movie made more money, but Hulk is arguably the most recognizable and famous character in Marvel's stable right be hind, beside or even in front of Spider-Man. So what the heck? How come they didn't take this opportunity to give Hulk-Heads like me a 'through the years' approach, like...

The Incredible Hulk #1 2-Pack:

"FA Gray Hulk" (with sculpted forehead ala Avengers set)

"60's Rick Jones"

Hulk Through the Ages 5-Pack:

"Clown Make-Up Avengers #1"

"Joe Fixit" (With trench coat, fedora and tommy gun)

"Smart Hulk" Black tank top, purple jeans, over sized machine gun

"Hulk 2099"

"Maestro (Future Imperfect)"

Plant Hulk 4-Pack:

"Green Scar (Hulku/King Hulk)"

"Silver Savage"

"Ciara the Oldstrong"

"Miek" (first Marvel minimate to have multiple arms?)

'Hulk Family' 4-Pack:

"Savage Gray Hulk (ala Hulk Gray/Tim Sale)"

"Doc Samson (Blue Jeans, red shirt w lightning bolt)

"Classic Betty Ross (ala Hulk Gray/Tim Sale)"

"She Hulk (FF costime)"

Hulk vs Iron Man 2-Pack:

"Savage Green Hulk"

"Hulk Buster Iron Man"

The list could go on and on... I guess as a hug Hulk fan I was hoping the movie would be enough of an excuse to get an over abundance of Hulkie stuff... maybe I'm just being ungrateful, after all we did get a great Green Hulk in the Avengers set, and are getting Red Hulk and Skaar in an up coming set (but those charcaters are just too new for me, I want classic hulk stuff)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have enough Hulks, personally. I love the Hulk too, but in my opinion, the Hulk minimates aren't getting much better than the first one. I'm not a big fan of the bulky chest piece on any minimates and I like the original's look. Don't get me wrong, Zombie Hulk is amazing! The Defenders box set Hulk is great too. Movie Hulk is ok but he looks like he's wearing football pads.

The ideas for other Hulks are interesting though. I would like to see a well designed and executed Hulk "Through the ages" box set. That would be fun!

Whatever they do they need to sort out those oversized duck feet ;)

T.

As long as they keep including regular feet as well, I have no issue with it. As we have seen posted here recently, a number of members seem to want "Thing-hands" for Hulk. Presumably, these individuals would also prefer to keep the larger duck-feet for their Hulks. Personally, I can do without them.

I still think the original Hulk Minimate is the best but he just needs 'blowing-up'..... as in inflated... not as in exploded. Changes have been made to his height & his chest size but his arms & legs remain almost ordinary....Hulk needs bulk.

I've just been trawling through some Hulk comics & if you pick any version by any artist of any genre & it is the arms & legs that are 'Hulk' . Try it yourself!

Yeah, I'd take more Hulk Minimates, especially the "Hulk Through the Ages" and "Hulk Family" sets. But I'd also like some of the supporting characters, like Woodgod, Zzzaxx, BiBeast, Rick Jones and the "lumpy brain" Leader. Heck, I'd even take a repaint of the Thunderbolt Ross Minimate to get Major Talbot.

I think it's just more interesting visually to do Iron Man and most people respond well to it. I just don't think most people want different looks on the Hulk. His classis image is the most recognizable, whereas Iron Man can be painted just about any color and still be the same.

I am all into more Hulk villians though. I'd love to see a Wendigo and Zzzax done Minimate-style. I'd even love to see a Bi-Beast figure (based on the comic character, not the district manager I used to work for that would hit on me and my future-wife in the same day).

I still think the original Hulk Minimate is the best but he just needs 'blowing-up'..... as in inflated... not as in exploded. Changes have been made to his height & his chest size but his arms & legs remain almost ordinary....Hulk needs bulk.

I've just been trawling through some Hulk comics & if you pick any version by any artist of any genre & it is the arms & legs that are 'Hulk' . Try it yourself!

I was just looking at luke314pi's Blob custom, and he used the arms and legs off of a 2.5" Minimate to give him extra bulk. Maybe that's a solution for a bulkier Hulk?

I was just looking at luke314pi's Blob custom, and he used the arms and legs off of a 2.5" Minimate to give him extra bulk. Maybe that's a solution for a bulkier Hulk?

I was thinking they could use the same concept as Iron-Monger to bulid a really nice sized Hulk:

-Over the chest is an extra bulky chest piece

-Over the upper arm is a bicept add on piece (Monger doesn't have this piece, but Mark 1 does)

-Over the lower arms are Thing style fist

-Over the waist is a 'diaper' piece that looks his pants adding some height

-Over this upper legs is a thigh piece that's sculpted to look like his torn shorts

-Over this lower legs are 'feet-boots' similar to what Move Abomination was to have (hopefully with normal toes and not duck feet)

That would fit into AA's wanting of all mini-mates to have interchangeable parts since he's still a 2 inch mate under all that plus they could throw in an extra set of normal arms and make Hulks head a DCD style mask and make Bruce Banner a bonus figure under all that stuff.

I was thinking this exact same thing. I would have no problem getting all of the hulks mentioned in the first post of this thread, so long as Hulk was bigger. Hulk should not be smaller than Iron Man! When I saw the movie Iron Man Minimates and especially Iron Monger, I thought exactly the same thing as Dr. B:

I was thinking they could use the same concept as Iron-Monger to bulid a really nice sized Hulk:

-Over the chest is an extra bulky chest piece

-Over the upper arm is a bicept add on piece (Monger doesn't have this piece, but Mark 1 does)

-Over the lower arms are Thing style fist

-Over the waist is a 'diaper' piece that looks his pants adding some height

-Over this upper legs is a thigh piece that's sculpted to look like his torn shorts

-Over this lower legs are 'feet-boots' similar to what Move Abomination was to have (hopefully with normal toes and not duck feet)

That would fit into AA's wanting of all mini-mates to have interchangeable parts since he's still a 2 inch mate under all that plus they could throw in an extra set of normal arms and make Hulks head a DCD style mask and make Bruce Banner a bonus figure under all that stuff.

I do not know what DST's budget was for these two waves, but giving Hulk some bulk should have gone into the Hulk movie wave. Other than hair pieces, we hardly got any new parts. Hint Hint DST. Bulk up the Hulk ala Iron Monger!

Iron Man seems to work better in minimate form than Hulk. Hulk always looks awkward, whereas Iron Man always looks cool.

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing more Hulks. Especially to replace the Iron Man in series 25, since Iron Man has gotten like 75 minimates in the last ten minutes. I'm getting a little burnt out.

I actually like wave 1 Hulk. I think he's the best. He epitomizes what Minimates are supposed to represent: the same mold that works for all characters. I can honestly say he is the reason I'm so strongly opposed to 2.5" mates. He's perfect. Why tamper with perfection?

I totally agree with you but when compared with latter-day Minimates he often looks puny. As I said if only they could pump him up proportionately all over.