UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America in the movies

rsprin

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HUGO WEAVING HAS BEEN CAST AS THE RED SKULL!!! I guess if you are going to make a geek property into a movie this is a step in the right direction.

Oh SWEET!

I mean, yeah. There are very few actors I could see in this part doing better. Pretty much Ralph Fiennes... That's about it.

I'm excited for this movie even more now!

I'm not sure Fiennes can play a better Nazi than he did in Schindlers List.

HUGO WEAVING HAS BEEN CAST AS THE RED SKULL!!! I guess if you are going to make a geek property into a movie this is a step in the right direction.

Oh SWEET!

I mean, yeah. There are very few actors I could see in this part doing better. Pretty much Ralph Fiennes... That's about it.

I'm excited for this movie even more now!

I'm not sure Fiennes can play a better Nazi than he did in Schindlers List.

However this role would be more similar to Voldemort than to Goeth. And honestly, though I don't think he's nearly cold and calculating enough for Voldemort, I think that if you take the performance he did as The Dark Lord and transcribe that to Red Skull you have sheer awesome. Red Skull is really batsmurf crazy. And that's how Feinnes played Voldemort. Look at it as Voldemort not as Goeth and then see if you can see it.

And Christoph Waltz is an AWESOME Nazi. But I doubt he'd make a very good Red Skull. He's too... suave.

This is damn cool. Weaving, I would have never expected, but it's a very pleasant surprise. Kind of makes me happy about this film despite biting my nails in anticipation for Cap's casting.

This is damn cool. Weaving, I would have never expected, but it's a very pleasant surprise. Kind of makes me happy about this film despite biting my nails in anticipation for Cap's casting.

Me too. I feel like the announcement for Cap is coming very soon especially if this movie is to start shooting this summer as it's supposed to.

According to Devin at CHUD, Chris Evans has been offered the role of Captain America. I like Evans and it's not difficult to imagine him as Cap. I guess this time if he's cast as a blonde haired superhero they will have to dye the hair blonde unlike when he played Johnny Storm.

In a related story Alex Ross thinks Mad Men's Jon Hamm should be casts as Cap and though I never even thought about him as Cap he would be awesome.

Edited by minimadman

Fairly neutral. They certainly could have done much worse. But I agree with Ross's general point- whoever they cast has to be able to play both the uncertain raw recruit of the origin movie AND the seasoned, team leading vet of later films. Not sure how confident I am Evans can do the later. Not sure the human exists that has as much gravitas as Cap is supposed to have. Casting this is not a job I would actually want.

If in fact Evans is Cap I'm cool with it. I know folks brought up the age factor in other forums, but I'd rather see a younger actor myself. That way we see a progression of the character from WWII-modern times. Commanding respect isn't an age requirement, you either have it or you don't. To me that's Cap in a nutshell. All this hoopla reminds me of when it was announced that RDJr was announced to play Iron Man and now most of us couldn't see anyone else playing the character. The studio did a fine job picking him, so I'm going to have a little faith that Evans is the right choice for Cap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like Arnim Zola is going to be appearing in the Captain America movie. I just hope that this means we'll get a minimate of (maybe something along the lines of my old custom). Fingers crossed.

zola5.jpgzola1.jpgzola2.jpg
Edited by MINI_MYTE

• 4 weeks later...

That page won't load for me, so apologies if this is duplicated info, but here is the real-deal Holyfield, supposably:

http://aintitcool.com/node/45326

Personally, I think it works. The more comic-accurate the better as far as I'm concerned, but I know they have to "X-Men-ify" everything to make it more "believable in the real world" or whatever. So, pretty good given the self-imposed constraints.

Edited by karamazov80

I like it.

Its has a very Ultimate feel to it which I think suits the way the movies that all tie in one way or other. If that is the modern Cap I'm happy and if the WWII looks like the Ultimate WWII Cap I'm happy again.

post-179-1275506594_thumb.jpgpost-179-1275506624_thumb.jpgpost-179-1275506645_thumb.jpg

Edited by MiniFiend UK

I like it.

Its has a very Ultimate feel to it which I think suits the way the movies that all tie in one way or other. If that is the modern Cap I'm happy and if the WWII looks like the Ultimate WWII Cap I'm happy again.

post-179-1275506594_thumb.jpgpost-179-1275506624_thumb.jpgpost-179-1275506645_thumb.jpg

Very functional looking. I like it! Though honestly what would it have hurt to put the wings on the head? Personally I think some sort of reference to the wings would make this costume perfect. It's the only thing I dislike about the Ultimate costume. And it's the only thing I dislike about this one.

I'm afraid that wings on the head would look far too "silly" and "unrealistic." A rubber outfit with strange polygons on it makes much more sense in the "real world."

Images of Thor are up, too. The vest thing looks alright, but I'm not a fan of the weird leather dress pants look. And, as has always been my complaint with the Ultimates version, Thor needs his helmet. The excuse that the character doesn't look "realistic" with a helmet just doesn't fly for me if you're going to put that big goofy red cape on him...

Either way, these are going to make some sweet-looking Minimates!

post-238-1275602771_thumb.jpg

post-238-1275602780_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lobsterman