UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa '08

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm super excited!! Beyond Halloween, Christmas is my favorite holiday.

And I agree with TM2 Dino: get specific when possible. If there's something you want, say it. :D I lovelovelove shopping for people & it makes me feel really good to find the perfect present for someone.

Oh good. I hope I get you then. :P

TM2 Dino ,I really hope you get what many of us are wishing you'll get. Lost. :biggrin:

Its a great DVD box-set.

post-51-1226673696_thumb.jpg

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update - Stuckakid is willing to help MMMV members again this year. Here's the email I got from Jason:

As for Secret Santa @ MMMV that's awesome of you guys and of course we'd love to help in any way we can!

Just have the MMMV folk specify 'MMMV Secret Santa gift' or something similar in the order comments and we'll get the ordered items wrapped up all nice and cheery for the spirit of the holidays. :D

Thanks again to Jason and all the gang at Stuckakid!!

So, is the gist of it that you order from them and they will add goodies to your order for free, or will they just gift wrap stuff if you want to send your "Secret child" a present with Stuckakid as the intermediary (i.e. you buy the presents from them for your "Secret gift receiver")?

Edited by karamazov80

They'll gift wrap the items you've ordered to send to your person.

I read this very quickly & mistook "person" for "prison." :biggrin:

I read this very quickly & mistook "person" for "prison." :biggrin:

Don't worry. I'm pretty sure that you will be allowed to send Minimates with non-metal parts (see BHM's contest discussion for exclusions) to our incarcerated members.

I just sent in my email, so Aapje, get ready for our continental MMMV Secret Santa! Yay!

Seriously: Since it's pretty hard to get Minimates here in Germany - and when you find some, they are expensive, like 8 Euro a regular 2-pack, which means around 11$ - I might not be able to fulfill my secret child's precise wishes. But I did win some awesome prizes around here in the last months, so I'm going to take some of those as a secret santa gift, hoping that it brings a little sparkle in his or her eyes anyhow. Otherwise, I could of course use Stuckakid or something, depending on where my secret child lives. But I'm all happy and excited!

santasmiley.gif

I'm sure Minimates are the primary gift for this event but it never has to be minimates alone.

Both years so far, I believe I sent a mix of Minimates and other items that I personally thought the receiver would enjoy.

Best I can say, see who you get....check some posts here and there to get an idea of what the person might like, go by the list your given about that person's likes or wants and they should enjoy whatever they are gifted!

I'm sure Minimates are the primary gift for this event but it never has to be minimates alone.

Both years so far, I believe I sent a mix of Minimates and other items that I personally thought the receiver would enjoy.

Best I can say, see who you get....check some posts here and there to get an idea of what the person might like, go by the list your given about that person's likes or wants and they should enjoy whatever they are gifted!

I agree with jcastick, Bob. Most of us have our "want/have" lists up or other posts about other things we enjoy, so do a little recon within the threads if you need to. I know that I wouldn't be adverse to getting something other than 'mates from my Santa (I have many posts about the other stuff I like), for example & I'm sure there are others who feel the same way.

Good luck & I can't wait until I get the name of my person!

PS - It's been said before, everyone, but I'll say it again: when you're sending your info to Reideen, be as clear as possible with your likes & whatnot -- even if that means your list is 100+ items. :) This way you'll have a better chance of getting something you truly want & it'll give your Secret Santa that warm fuzzy feeling of giving the perfect gift. (Honestly, nothing makes me feel better than that. :biggrin:)

Thanks jcastick and Jenny.

I definitely thought about putting something not minimate-related in the package as well, but just wanted to mention, that it might be that I can't fullfill the concrete wishes my secret child has because of the conditions here, but I will do my best to be a kind santa. I hope there will be some fine ideas popping up, when I know my secret child's name and browse a little through the threads.

Hey Reideen, I just had an ideas. I don't know if you participate so you might not be able to do this, but if a member felt they didn't get enough info from their person for some reason or wanted to give the person who had been assigned them more ideas, would they be able to message you to forward that information along anonymously?

EDIT: I worded it better. Sorry, I'd just woken up, I was out of it.

Edited by Deadpool

Uummm......if i'm understanding you correctly....

If you do not get enough information about what your person would like, you can always check the Have/Want list to see what they may be looking for or even do a forum search for posts or threads by that person and see what kinds of things they may like.

Hey Reideen, I just had an ideas. I don't know if you participate so you might not be able to do this, but if a member felt they didn't get enough info from their person for some reason or wanted to give the person who had been assigned them more ideas, would they be able to message you to forward that information along anonymously?

EDIT: I worded it better. Sorry, I'd just woken up, I was out of it.

If you think a family member can provide a better 'wish list' for you than you can, sure. Have them email me. I've been very successful using Jcastick's suggestion in years past though.

Today is the last day I'm accepting names, so if you want in, today's the day.

Sometime this week I expect. Hopefully quite soon.

Hrm. Nobody reads the 1st post anymore....

Here's how it's gonna work:

To participate this year, you must have +5 positive feedback scores or higher in the trading thread. If you qualify, please email reideen1313@yahoo.com the following form with Minimate Multiverse Secret Santa Info as the title (so it doesn't go into my spam folder). This form MUST be submitted no later than 11/23/08 to participate. Names will be distributed the last week of November.

Hrm. Nobody reads the 1st post anymore....

*raises hand* I did, I did!!

*waits patiently for gold star & acknowledgement from teacher*