UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 23 and 24

maxcarnage

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
yeppers, i read that headline everyday on minimateHQ because that is the only headline for the past month :(

Slightly off topic, but the headquarters is back and they have the updated shipping dates! Check it OUT!!!!

I actually saw a full page ad for these in one of the comics I picked up yesterday and at the bottom it said "available at Toys R Us"

I think that is a great idea it may draw in new collectors

Here is the scan of that ad from yesterday's Toyfare. looks like the employees at torysrus are going to get to know me quite well :D

Edited by Santos L Halper

I actually saw a full page ad for these in one of the comics I picked up yesterday and at the bottom it said "available at Toys R Us"

I think that is a great idea it may draw in new collectors

Here is the scan of that ad from yesterday's Toyfare. looks like the employees at torysrus are going to get to know me quite well :D

I was looking at that. It's a bit misleading, however, as they aren't shipping variants, and we have yet to see hide nor hair of the War Machine wave.

Is it weird to anyone that Jim Rhodes is the War Machine variant? When I think of War Machine, I think of Rhodes, not Stark. It is like having Ben Reilly as Spider-Man with Peter Parker as the variant.

AMEN!

I really hope they pull a frosty ice man on us and switch the variant before release. Rhodes should be the standard war machine and Stark the variant.

Now if we just knew a solid date for their release... :blink:

Edited by The Vox

Is it weird to anyone that Jim Rhodes is the War Machine variant? When I think of War Machine, I think of Rhodes, not Stark. It is like having Ben Reilly as Spider-Man with Peter Parker as the variant.

AMEN!

I really hope they pull a frosty ice man on us and switch the variant before release. Rhodes should be the standard war machine and Stark the variant.

I think that we could all agree on this; here's hoping the original info. was a typo.

*but your analogy just reminded me of how I still need 'Frosty Iceman'. :( *sniff*

AMEN!

i totally agree. but DST matt did say that people are more familiar with tony that they are with Rhodes. which is kinds of weird when you think about it. i mean who is buying minimates? those that have just seen the movie or those with some comic knowledge? i care the wager that more people know war machine as rhodes than tony

I think YOU are.

(New waves take months --- January at the least --- to actually reach us in stores here. Hmph.)

Personally I'm kinda stumped as to why not that many people here seem excited over the upcoming Nova minimate. I figured that with all the recent storylines featuring him (Annihilation Wave, upcoming War of Kings) he'd at least have a decent-sized fanbase. And his minimate looks frakkin' awesome! (I'm amazed at the level of detailing... that star on his forehead! :blink:) Okay, I get that not many people here are crazy about "excessively-designed" minimates, but why don't I hear people complaining about Cloak or Gamora in that vein?

I personally can't wait for Nova, even though I've not read one of his comics. He just looks wicked cool. And his being paired up with sometime-love-interest Gamora sweetens the deal a little. ;)

Anyone see that face and hair on Tarantula?? Golly, that is great; Spanish finest at its best. ;) I smell a lawnmower custom a-brewing.

Okay, enough Mexi-jokes. I gotta say, i'm liking the ninety's hair on Rhodie, but do wish he were the original too. It's kinda upsetting. And is it just me or is Downey Jr.'s face the new IM-standard face?? I mean, the likeness is great and it feels like shellhead and all, but really?! I'd rather have Tony than Downey, if you catch my drift. Something more like my favorite Tony-head, Avenger's 1.

They look to be very promising waves, though (we already know 24 is ;) ). And does that mean that 23 will be made available at TRU as well, considering the TRU banner being on 23's pic??

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I think YOU are.

(New waves take months --- January at the least --- to actually reach us in stores here. Hmph.)

Personally I'm kinda stumped as to why not that many people here seem excited over the upcoming Nova minimate. I figured that with all the recent storylines featuring him (Annihilation Wave, upcoming War of Kings) he'd at least have a decent-sized fanbase. And his minimate looks frakkin' awesome! (I'm amazed at the level of detailing... that star on his forehead! :blink:) Okay, I get that not many people here are crazy about "excessively-designed" minimates, but why don't I hear people complaining about Cloak or Gamora in that vein?

I personally can't wait for Nova, even though I've not read one of his comics. He just looks wicked cool. And his being paired up with sometime-love-interest Gamora sweetens the deal a little. ;)

I completely agree with you. I can't wait to stand the Nova mate by Ultron(Too bad there is no Annihilation version of him)! I'd really love to see a wave completely based on Annihilation Wave/Conquest. It'd be a good chance to see some new faces in mate form, although Groot/Rocket Raccoon would be impossible to make.

Honestly, I'm still perfectly happy that we got the Spidey wave. Feels like you guys are rushing them a bit ever since they announced they partnered up with TRU. Give it some time, they just surprised us with the Spidey wave and two exclusives, like what, two weeks ago? So I think we can wait a bit longer(not saying I wouldn't mind having them, since that wave looks fantastic).

So AFX (as was mentioned by mav-man) has hostile takeover, wave 24 and ST wave 5 in stock. Anybody have any idea why wave 24 is showing up before wave 23?

I also hope it doesn't take BBTS too long to get these in. It would be nice to get some more minimates around Christmas.

So AFX (as was mentioned by mav-man) has hostile takeover, wave 24 and ST wave 5 in stock. Anybody have any idea why wave 24 is showing up before wave 23?

I also hope it doesn't take BBTS too long to get these in. It would be nice to get some more minimates around Christmas.

Hulk came before Iron Man. Stuff like this happens.

Anyone see that face and hair on Tarantula?? Golly, that is great; Spanish finest at its best. ;) I smell a lawnmower suctom a-brewing.

Okay, enough Mexi-jokes.

Dude if you were trying to make a joke based on someones ethnicity, not cool even if it doesn't make any sense at all....... <_<

Doesn't matter what you are

Edited by Fo Shizzle

I wasn't. I have a cool Mexican friend, and we mock each other all the time. I'm Italian AND German; he gives me loads of Nazi crap, and i give him lawnmower crap.

Not going to continue this for the sake of not getting into another big fight. Moving on:

Wow, i spelled custom wrong. That's sad. Any word on ANYTHING else i said??