UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

First full wave pic of Transformers muggs.

MiniFiend UK

I was browsing Play.com to see if they had the latest wave of marvel. They haven't they pushed the date back again (So glad I bought already from Limited Edition)

When I was surprised to see pictures of the whole of wave 1 for Transformers So heres a small pic of all 4 of the TF muggs.

post-179-1225535147_thumb.jpg

Wow. Off the bat, I will admit that I'm biased, because I think that non-Transforming Transformers are pretty pointless, but those all look pretty terrible to me, especially Bumblebee (he is hideous!). I think part of it is that I feel TFs should be blocky, not round, but the major problem is probably the head. These characters all have distinctively shaped heads, and just having a round head with designs drawn on them looks weird. Particularly Soundwave and Prime.

• 1 month later...
I think it'll pick up when they come out. I really don't see this line going to far. There really aren't that many iconic characters that would get enough attention to keep it going. Well, in my opinion at least.

I think they have some great-looking, recognizable characters--I just don't know if they work in Mighty Muggs form.

Not impressed with the Grimock I think the problem with the Dinobots is as I remember they spent more time in dinoform then robotform making them harder to recognise straight away. I want to see Starscream just to see if they do the wings in anyway or just paint them on his back.

I agree, MF UK. My interest in this line is dependent on Starscream. If he looks good, I'll pick a few of the main characters up.

I have to say that Bumblebee would not be one that I'd buy though. There's just something off about him compared to the others. I'm not sure why they worried about scale so much with him. Vader & Leia are the same size...

Seems like the Muggs talk has really slowed down around here. Has the initial charm worn off? Anyway:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

Mostly I think the lack of any new news is what has slowed the Muggs talk around here. Besides hints of wave 8 Star Wars we already know everything that is coming out for the next little while, and I think it will stay that way until NYCC. Transformers wave two being announced is a nice surprise though. well, not Starscream, kinda saw that one coming. GI Joe wave two is a little disappointing as well, with only two new characters for a second wave, All four should be new.

Anyway, I think Grimlock looks awesome and aside from Soundwave, he is the only other Transformers Mugg I want.

Thanks for the awesome heads up karamazov80.

• 5 weeks later...

Finally- Starscream revealed! OK, my Muggs budget is about killed. I'm trying to be very selective with which ones I buy. With a lot already invested in the Star Wars and Marvel Muggs, the GI Joe and Transformers line are killing me with their good looks!

I picked up Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow while Muggs were on sale for $8.99 at Target last week. No Snake Eyes though, damnit!

Yeah, Thundercracker and/ or Skywarp will be obvious convention exclusive options for Hasbro.

I can't believe how good these look in Mugg form. I was extremely skeptical of them when they were announced, but man do they look good!

Edited by minivenom