UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Detailed pics of the Avengers boxed set.

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what's the verdict? Boiling water, or freezer? :(

My advice would be covering the mini in rasberry jello then rubbing on your left nipple in a clockwise direction until the wing simply falls off...

Holy crap, it worked!! :mellow:

:tongue:

But seriously, I just tried boiling water, and they popped off, no problem, and no stress marks!!

:thumbsup:

I really wish they could make bigger Minimates in the Marvel line. 3" or larger Giant Man would be great. How about a 1" Ant Man and Wasp?

Kind of off-topic, but Kubricks/Bearbricks have been made at half size (or less). Ain't these little guys cute!

Edited by karamazov80

Kind of off-topic, but Kubricks/Bearbricks have been made at half size (or less). Ain't these little guys cute!

Damn that's sweet, I want one... Can I claim to have owned one and my cat ate it and someone will take pity on me and send me one? LoL :D

T.

Damn that's sweet, I want one... Can I claim to have owned one and my cat ate it and someone will take pity on me and send me one? LoL :D

T.

Even if you claimed you ate your cat I'd still send you F**k-All.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Just got my avengers boxsets this morning and at first sight of the box I have to say I was underwhelmed. After opening and going through it my opinion changed. Its just the amount of extra bits makes this to me a customisers box.

3 slip on masks,pointy mask and antman mask

extra hands,feet and arms

3 hair pieces

Bulky chests, skirts and all the other bits there is just so much. This boxset may not have knocked my socks off from the get go but its still worth the purchase.

Anybody else convert their embarrassment of a Zombie Giant Man into a "normal" Giant Man? I added the tall Hulk feet from the movie set to give him a little lift. Not bad at all.

Yeah, I did this and took a picture meaning to post, and forgot about it. It works extremely well. The scratches/etc. just make him look slightly "battle damaged," not zombie-like at all:

P1010640.jpg

Since I took this pic, I realized that Ant Man had the giant crotch, and added this to the figure, but it didn't make a real huge difference.

After having it a week my opinion hasn't changed.

I think it is THE best boxed set out there to date.

Lots of parts, two completely new characters (zombies don't count!) and comic accurate versions to please the comic fans.

It follows in the footsteps of the Invaders, Iron Man and Defenders sets. They need to KEEEEP making sets like this and follow the blueprint here.

-lots of parts

-new characters

-comic accurate versions

A big thanks to whoever has been focusing these sets this way. I hope we all get more of 'em. I can't imagine they don't sell.

Whee!

Matt

I really dig this set, too, but I think it is the 3rd best Marvel box set, after GSX-Men (where Wolverine is the only dud, IMO) and the Defenders set, which is just too awesome. I do really love this new trend toward more pieces/turning heads/etc. that allow you to have multiple "alt" modes for each figure.

Kind of wish that Wasp came with an extra set of wings, though. You could basically use a black blank as a base for an "alt" Wasp if there were extra wings (given the head sheath and extra torso part). I guess you could have non-winged Wasp, but who wants that?

Edited by karamazov80

If you had a giant crotch would it make a real huge difference to you? I know it has for me. :lol:

Shut up, it isn't true! They always tell me it isn't the size that matters! Crap.gif

"It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you"

;)

very funny story, I ordered a set from youbuynow and it took like forever for it to be shipped out, so I decided to get one of ebay, and I did for a better price too, and then the unthinkable happens they shipped it of today both of the sets!!! so yeah maybe next week I'll receive to sets of avengers 1 sets...(anyway I plan to return the youbuynow once it arrives)

Hey, I bought one set, and after opening it. . .decided that I needed another, and ordered another one. Ant Man is just too freakin' cool. I need one at home and one at the office. So, you never know. You might want to wait before returning it ;)

I know I'm getting at least 2 Secret Invasion sets. That Wolverine is freakin' great.

Edited by karamazov80

Anyone else find it weird that giant-man didn't come with blue duck feet? Whatever your opinion is, if AA is going for a "this foot accessory is for our 'tall characters'" then shouldn't Giant man have gotten them along with Hulk, Abomination, Etc...? Just a lack of consistancy in the Marvel mates...

I think it is a proportion issue (well, maybe a cost issue, too). Hulk and the other monsters don't just have absolutely large feet, their feet are relatively larger, in a proportional sense, than are average human feet. When Giant Man grows, his feet stay the same size relative to the rest of him.

Of course, this thought process seems to be negated by the fact that they gave Giant Man a Powerhouse piece, and that Hulk doesn't have "Thing hands" as some have wanted.

Edited by karamazov80