UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Detailed pics of the Avengers boxed set.

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use the Amazon.com link through this site (refresh until the big banner in the middle at the top of the page is for Amazon.com, then click on it), and you can get them for $16, with Free "Super Saver" Shipping in the U.S. for orders $25 or more (the Platoon sets can also be used as part of the "Super Saver" deal). That is the best deal on the web for these, honestly. You could buy as many multiple Avengers sets as you want for $16, and pay no shipping, and no taxes (as long as you buy more than 1).

I think i'm now the third person to ask this, but what is the safest way to remove Wasp's wings and then reattach them?

You might try putting her in the freezer for a while, or putting the wings in warm water.

yea, the wings really were a pain to remove.

I hear ya! That's one of the reasons I bought 4 sets. I mix and match the best minimate parts to create the ultimate version of each character. As for the Wasp, 2 of my 4 "V" shaped chest pieces now have broken wing studs. Bummer, but at least I have 1 good one now. DST/Art Asylum need to go back to the drawing board and work out better logistics with the wing plates. Maybe tougher plastic, I don't know.

My LCS ordered these for me from Diamond (seems something got messed up in the the initial order he made right when they were first solicited) and they're shipping this week. From what I gather about Wasp's wings the posts are on the chest pieces and the wings have holes that the posts fit into. Are they sturdy enough as long as you don't remove them or can just positioning them cause the posts to break?

My set was delivered earlier today and I have to say the pics (which are great) just do not do them justice. It's really hard to say which one is the stand out because they are all so great. If I have to pick one I'll go with Ant-Man but Hulk and Wasp are awesome. Even Iron-Man is good considering hes just a repaint. Fantastic set. As for Wasp's wings, what a pain in the ass. I used needle nosed pliers to get them on.

So, what's the verdict? Boiling water, or freezer? :(

My advice would be covering the mini in rasberry jello then rubbing on your left nipple in a clockwise direction until the wing simply falls off... The advantage here is that if it doesn't work you could always make a website of the video ( what do you mean you didn't video it!) and get enough pervert payments to cover the cost of a new minimate!

I'd go with freezing it seems less damaging overall.

T.

So, what's the verdict? Boiling water, or freezer? :(

I'd go with freezing it seems less damaging overall.

T.

I would have said freezing was the best bet, as it works prefect for getting "masks" off of heads (like Iron Man's). I just tried it, and I can't say that it made the wings any easier to get off. I still haven't gotten them off. I think the solution, which I think I'm going to do right now, is to buy another Wasp off eBay!

-Greg

I got mine Saturday. The pegs almost broke off with white stress marks appearing on the base of the pegs. Overall though, these are pretty good minimates. Iron Man is of course my favorite. Love how they gave him the fleshy arms to show him like he was in the comics, with the chest piece on.

I pre-ordered these from youbuynow.com and they yet to even be shipped, I mean I should had have these by now, and I emailed them a couple of times, in which they reply, that they are processing the order, but no, they still haven't been shipped off, I'll give them three days, just because ant-man and wasp are my favorite....

I pre-ordered these from youbuynow.com and they yet to even be shipped, I mean I should had have these by now, and I emailed them a couple of times, in which they reply, that they are processing the order, but no, they still haven't been shipped off, I'll give them three days, just because ant-man and wasp are my favorite....

If you go elsewhere, I would recommend Amazon.com, through this site. As I've posted elsewhere, it really is the best deal around, when you take into account free shipping on orders over $25.