UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice luke!, what kind of camra do you use. mine leaves a annoying glare.

I have a 5.0 Megapixel Kodak digital camera. I have this insanely bright desk lamp that I shine on the minimate. Then I set the camera to close-up mode with no flash. I take about 20 pictures of each minimate, to make sure I get at least one good shot. Sometimes glare can be avoided by just moving the camera to a slightly different angle.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

That's. So. Fracking. Cool.

Great, great, great job Luke. I think it's my favorite of all that you've done... So many cool little touches. Job well done!

• 2 weeks later...

The MovieMates contest got me hooked on making movie minimates! I just finished the T-800 and Ghostface from Scream, and I have 4 more movie minimates in the works right now. They are mostly horror movie characters. Here is Ghostface:

ghostface.jpg

The hood is milliput, the robe is cut from sheet plastic, and the rope is a piece of wire that I found in my garage.

Here is the T-800:

t800a.jpg

Additional Pictures:

Side View

Damaged View

T-800 vs T-1000

The hair is sculpted from milliput, the jacket is a modified New X-Men Jean Grey coat, the grenades were cut from a lego antenna, the pistol is from Cable, and the grenade launcher is a modified lego gun. I might make a non-damaged head someday, but right now I am dying to finish these other movie minimates first! :)

Lukerific? Supiberb? 314ful?

It's hard coming up with compliments that others haven't used...

Great job once again Luke! Ghostface and the T800 are both awesome. Keep the paint flying.

Just thought I'd pimp Luke's latest work as it's a commission piece made for me based on my main City of Heroes character Proximity:

After the great work hes did on Moonlit Shadow, I asked him if he could create Proximity for me, Minimate style.

He did, and how!

Proximity1.jpg

Back of Prox

Poses to show how detailed the armour is:

Proximity3.jpg

Proximity4.jpg

Because Luke designed it to have a swap-around face and removable cape, I can create Proximity pre level 20:

Proximity5.jpg

Proximity6.jpg

Level 20 and cape!

Proximity7.jpg

And here she is with her mum, Moonlit Shadow:

Proximity8.jpg

I am really pleased with it, I think it's awesome!

Luke used several reference pics from the game such as:

Prox05.jpg

Prox06.jpg

as well as Basement24's excellent concept piece:

gra-proximity-cape-coh.jpg

Thanks for the pimpage Danny! :D

I am in-between commissions right now as I am waiting for some payments (you know who you are :P ) so I decided to make a custom for myself: Puppetmaster!

puppetmaster.jpg

Puppetmaster's apron is cut form sheet plastic, and his Thing puppet is sculpted from Milliput, and strung up by wire.