UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke, have you toyed with changing the shape of the windows for the minimates on your custom boxes? Most official boxsets have like explosion cutouts or something. Just an idea!

Luke, have you toyed with changing the shape of the windows for the minimates on your custom boxes? Most official boxsets have like explosion cutouts or something. Just an idea!

I have considered it, but the glossy cardstock paper I print on is still much thinner than the cardboard used on minimate packaging, and it can get bent out of shape easily, so I usually just stick with the full rectangular box that is sturdy and shows the entire custom. But there are definitely still some shapes I could use that would work. I will have to keep that in mind for future packages. :)

It was another productive weekend for customs! Here are the new ones:

Silvermane (Cyborg Suit)

silvermane.jpg

Silvermane uses decals for this face, chest, forearms, and upper and lower legs. The rest of the detail is painted on, and then outlined with a Sharpie. His chest wires are twisty ties painted red. You can learn more about this character here. I have an extra one on Ebay right now if you are interested. :)

Usagi Yojimbo

usagi.jpg

Decals for face, chest, and forearms converted from the Cubeecraft paper model. His ears are sculpted with apoxie sculpt and his sword is from Blade.

Dale Cooper from Twin Peaks

cooper1.jpg

cooper2.jpg

This was a commission piece. I am not very familiar with the character, but I am happy with how he turned out. Decals for face and chest as usual. :)

I also got started on my CustomCon entry, which won't be as elaborate as I had originally planned, but I think some people here will like it nonetheless.

Thanks guys!

Nice Usagi Yojimbo! I have one nearly finished, ironically! You gotta post his decals so mine can look as good as yours! :D

Minimate Factory's one year anniversary is next Thursday (the 22nd) and I will be posting a TON of new decals to celebrate, including Usagi. :D

• 3 weeks later...

A few new Teen Titans (late 80's) customs:

Kole

kole.jpg

Kole's face and chest are decals, her hair is from Phoenix, her boots are from Wolverine, and her sleeves are cut from sheet plastic.

Changeling

changeling.jpg

Decals for face and chest, modified Wasp hair.

Jericho

jericho.jpg

Jericho's face and chest are decals, his cape is modified from Dr. Doom, and his hair is from the For A Few Dollars More set.

Terra

terra.jpg

Terra's face and chest are waterslide decals and her hair is from Invisible Woman with the bangs sculpted with Apoxie Sculpt.

(My original set of Teen Titans is here: http://bit.ly/13l9DX )

I should have more DC customs finished next week! :)