UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

Here is my custom from my Customizing 101 article in Toyfare #145:

Heya Luke!

I heard some chatter about the ToyFare custom, and I'm glad to see it lived up to the hype. That IG-88 is AMAZING! Such a clean, professional looking piece.

Great work, as always! Loving it!

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

Here are a few new customs from the last two weeks:

Eric the Red

ericthered.jpg

Decals for face and chest, apoxie sculpt for horns, Iron Man arm bands, standard big chest piece.

Enchantress

enchantress.jpg

Decals for face and chest, modified Scarlet Witch hair.

Huntress (JLU style)

huntress.jpg

Modified Witchblade hair, modified lego crossbow, but I can't remember whose face I used.

Mr. Freeze (JLU style)

mrfreeze.jpg

Decal for face, modified Apocalypse armor, real glass dome made from a tiny light bulb.

Enjoy! :)

Thanks everyone!

Now that's the Freeze I've been looking for!

Could you possibly emphasize on "tiny light bulb" such as where you go it, the brand, watts, etc...

You can see a picture of the bulb and details on how it was used in my Morbius custom write-up here. I used the same process for Mr. Freeze. :)

Dang Luke, you are a machine cranking these things out. And of course, they are all great. Seeing that Mr. Freeze makes me sad that we never got a number of major Bat-villains. Another area where, unfortunately, we have to turn to Kubricks as inferior Minimate substitutes. They gave us Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, and Scarecrow. But even they were too intimidated to attempt Two-Face.

Eric the Red is awsome. . . but Freeze is PERFECT!!!

*Drools*

I don't suppose you'll be selling Freeze on eBay?

*Drool freezes due to epic coolness of custom minimate*

EDIT: Huntress is also very sharp . . . i'd Happily own her too, but Mr .Freeze if my favourite male Batman Villain. Damn he's fine looking!

Edited by Nessex

• 2 weeks later...

Here are two new sets of four that I did as commissions:

Blackest Night

blackest_night.jpg

Clockwise from front:

Black Hand: Decals for face and chest, modified Spectre cape

Blackest Night Aquaman: Decals for face and chest, Aquaman hair and gloves

Blackest Night Martian Manhunter: Decals for face and chest, cape is heavily modified Gene Simmons, and is articulated to fold up

Blackest Night Superman Earth 2: Decals for face and chest, Superman hair, modified Cloak cape

I am currently working on packaging for these. I should have pictures of the complete set next week.

Teen Titans (Late 70's)

teen_titans.jpg

Clockwise from front:

Wonder Girl: Decals for face and chest, hair sculpted with Apoxie Sculpt

Aqualad: Decals for face and chest, hair from Ramón Rojo

Speedy: Decal for face, weapons and hat from Green Arrow

Kid Flash: Decals for face and chest, Cap gloves, hair sculpted with Apoxie Sculpt

Packaging:

TT_Front.jpg

TT_Back.jpg

I couldn't get a good picture of the front of this set. I usually like to take pictures of the packaging in direct sunlight, but it was cloudy and overcast here, so I used a desk lamp instead. But I think the picture gets the idea across at least. I was inspired by the DC Archive Edition covers, along with certain Teen Titans covers.

Enjoy! :)

Fantastic work, Luke. Those dead guys make me realize how awesome some Minimate Cenobites from Hellraiser could look. I think the combination of nightmarish, hell-spawned creatures in cute, 2 inch block figure format would work very nicely.

Edited by karamazov80

As always Stunning stuff Luke!

I love those Blackest Night guys and the Titans ( HELLLLOOOOO DONNA! - New chest decal indeed!)

But have to say that the packaging you do for these really puts them in their own class!

T.

OK folks, calm down. This is completely ordinary stuff*.

______

*: Luke-ordinary that is. You know. Beyond every other customizer who walks this Multiverse and sometimes even a bit ahead of official mates ( :ohmy:), but still completely ordinary awesome Luke stuff. ;)

Brilliant work Luke! I am so loving that Donna Troy WG. But hey... where's Beast Boy?

Since I was the "requester" for that set, let me say that I personally wanted the original crew in their "New" Teen Titans-era get-ups (particularly Speedy), to pose with each other, and with their mentors. With these, Changeling will be the sole remaining straggler in my Titans crew :buttrock:

These 'Mates have far exceeded my high expectations for them, and as TBT says, the the packaging is also really great. Dig the references:

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/back...86228870930%208

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/back...56820856846%201

Thanks again, Luke!