UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another set I have been working on for a few weeks.

I am fairly certain this is my fault. (I owed Luke that some raw materials that I think he used here). Sorry for the delays buddy, but the end result is absolutely spectacular.

Hopefully I have some more free time this weekend to send you some more goodies.

man,my customs resident evil minimates suck now :(

Now?................................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

..................................................................... J/K :P

Edited by minimadman

Thanks everyone!

Are you putting these up on ebay? If so, I know what to ask for, for my birthday. :)

Sorry, but I didn't make any extras of this set. :(

Dude, your customs do NOT suck! I think you have gotten better in a shorter amount of time than anyone I have ever seen.

Edited by luke314pi

Now?................................................................................

..................................................................... J/K :P

awwwwwwww DIRTY!!! :P

Thanks guys!

Over the weekend I took the Secret Wars Dr. Doom control art and made it into clear decals, along with some other clear decals for future projects (gotta fill up the whole sheet to save money!). I am working on a full Secret Wars Doom minimate based on that control art, but I also thought I would replace the face on the villains set Doom with this new face:

DSC00026.jpg

For those of you who don't have the villains set, the Secret Wars Doom face is on the left, and the villains set Doom is on the right. I think the Secret Wars face looks much more like the classic Dr. Doom from the Byrne days, and he will definitely be replacing the villains set Doom on my shelf.

I will post pics of the full Secret Wars Doom in a few days when I finish him.

Over the weekend I also made a minimate of myself. I have no idea what compelled me to do this, but it actually turned out better than I thought it would:

luke.jpg

The face and chest are decals (the shirt is from here and it was a birthday present from my wife). The hair is from movie Hulk. To do the jeans I painted a darker blue over a lighter blue, and then scratched most of it off with a toothpick.

My wife says it is a good likeness of me, and my 2 year old son recognized me instantly. He also stole the mini-me, and paraded around the house with it for the rest of the night. :)

Over the weekend I also made a minimate of myself. I have no idea what compelled me to do this, but it actually turned out better than I thought it would:

luke.jpg

The face and chest are decals (the shirt is from here and it was a birthday present from my wife). The hair is from movie Hulk. To do the jeans I painted a darker blue over a lighter blue, and then scratched most of it off with a toothpick.

My wife says it is a good likeness of me, and my 2 year old son recognized me instantly. He also stole the mini-me, and paraded around the house with it for the rest of the night. :)

Where are the slatted sunglasses? B) Are we going to see a pimped out Rock band Variant? :biggrin:

T.

Where are the slatted sunglasses? B) Are we going to see a pimped out Rock band Variant? :biggrin:

T.

:lol: Good point! I will get to work on that right away...

Timbo is one of only a few people here who have seen my drunken Rock Band pictures. :P

Edited by luke314pi

WOW!!!Theese customs rock, every single freakin' god damn one of them. You rock!!!!

T.

Timbo is one of only a few people here who have seen my drunken Rock Band pictures. :P

This sounds cool

I'm so stealing this idea (gots to fill a decal page of my own and that's a great fix)... please tell me you saved the decal and will be uploading to the factory soon so I don't clean and resize the control art myself.

Honestly I'm not sure if I can do that... DST owns that control art, and not me. I think I would need their permission to modify it and re-post it publicly. All of the decals at the Factory are under a specific Creative Commons license. I certainly can't assume to license any DST-created material. Maybe I could make a short tutorial on how to modify the control art in Photoshop / Photoshop Elements? :confused:

Edited by luke314pi

Honestly I'm not sure if I can do that... DST owns that control art, and not me. I think I would need their permission to modify it and re-post it publicly. All of the decals at the Factory are under a specific Creative Commons license. I certainly can't assume to license any DST-created material. Maybe I could make a short tutorial on how to modify the control art in Photoshop / Photoshop Elements? :confused:

Give a man a stolen fish, and you're a generous crook, teach a man how to steal his own fish, and the odds are his inexperience will get him popped instead of you... or something like that.

Give a man a stolen fish, and you're a generous crook, teach a man how to steal his own fish, and the odds are his inexperience will get him popped instead of you... or something like that.

Sounds more like itshould be...

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

T.

Maybe I could make a short tutorial on how to modify the control art in Photoshop / Photoshop Elements? :confused:

I already know how to do that (Doom won't be the first or last control art I've copied onto my decals to print sheet) so don't go making one on my account, I'd just like the time saver that if someone else already cleaned and edited a piece I wouldn't have to do it myself...

but ah well, it'll be time well spent I guess.

T.

heh I know that of which he speaks....should make for some interesting mates too :P

Jeff of the Miniacs