UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

Luke, the Jon Pertwee and Roger Delgado are perfect. Absolutely perfect! Cyberman is awesome... Robot is awesome...

But... Tom Baker is only almost there. It's close but not quite. I think it's something about the hair, it's a bit too short, and maybe the eyes, Tom's the kind of guy who'd always had crows feet around the eyes. Those minor criticisms aside I have to echo BHM. I could cry genuine tears at both the quality of these customs, and the lack of official Who 'mates.

I hate that I barely get time to check the customs section. :(

I feel the same way about Tom Baker actually. I think I need to sculpt more curls of hair on top of the ones already on that hair piece. The hair looked huge on the FAFDM minimate, but with the Doctor's large coat and scarf, it definitely looks too small. Thanks for the advice!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke, the Jon Pertwee and Roger Delgado are perfect. Absolutely perfect! Cyberman is awesome... Robot is awesome...

But... Tom Baker is only almost there. It's close but not quite. I think it's something about the hair, it's a bit too short, and maybe the eyes, Tom's the kind of guy who'd always had crows feet around the eyes. Those minor criticisms aside I have to echo BHM. I could cry genuine tears at both the quality of these customs, and the lack of official Who 'mates.

I hate that I barely get time to check the customs section. :(

I feel the same way about Tom Baker actually. I think I need to sculpt more curls of hair on top of the ones already on that hair piece. The hair looked huge on the FAFDM minimate, but with the Doctor's large coat and scarf, it definitely looks too small. Thanks for the advice!

I think it needs to go a bit further down the back of his head too. If you like I can send you a pic of the character Action Figure so you can see where I'm coming from.

Yet again you've produced some flawless Minimates, you should really be hired by DST as they're always so professional. The Dr. Who sets are fantastic. Tom Baker FTW, I'd love to see some more and maybe a Tardis playset in the future ;)

Wow, man.. I'm speechless. Those Doctor Who Minimates are GREAT! Freaking perfect!

I can't wait to see if you keep going with the line. Fun stuff...

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

• 3 weeks later...

I have two updates for today. First up is a commission piece:

Starkiller (The Force Unleashed)

starkiller.jpg

Starkiller's face is a decal, his hair is from Shocker, his shoulder pads are modified from Wasp, and his lightsaber is a modified lego.

Next up is an update to my Doctor:

4th Doctor (Tom Baker)

TomBaker2.jpg

Updated group shot:

4th_Doctor_Set.jpg

I bulked up the hair on the sides of his head with some apoxie sculpt to make him look more like the actor (old image is here). The Dalek he is with is a Micro Dalek that I bought on ebay for $15. As you can see, it is a little bit too tall. But it is also awesome, and much better than I could ever sculpt, so I won't be replacing it anytime soon. Its electronic and it will move and talk!

Edited by luke314pi

That's a great Starkiller Luke. Shouldn't he be holding his lightsaber pointing down though? ;)

Love the updated 4th doctor. The hair looks so much better now. Also didn't notice the level of detail on the waistcoat before. That's some quality work fella!

Thanks guys!!

Here are four more Dr. Who aliens and monsters:

Monsters_Aliens.jpg

Jagaroth from City of Death:

jagaroth-1.jpg

(original source screen shot)

Specifically, this Jagaroth is named Scaroth. His jacket is from Patch, and his face and chest are decals (check out the face decal here, I am pretty proud of it!).

Mandrel from Nightmare on Eden:

mandral.jpg

The mandrel was made from a modified Gorilla Grodd minimate, with additional sculpting here and there.

Ogron from Day of the Daleks:

ogron.jpg

The body and hair are apoxie sculpt, and the face is a decal.

Morbius from Brain of Morbius:

morbius1.jpg

You might have already seen Morbius at the Factory, but here he is again in case you missed him. You can click here to see the full recipe. Also, here is a picture of Morbius from the rear.

I have SIX more Dr. Who customs in the works right now! But before they are finished I will be finishing a packaged set of Marvel minimates, as well as a few new DC minimates. :D

Nice job on the monsters! Lots of highlights in this batch, like the details on the Jagaroth's face - it really stands out against the white suit. And the work you did on Morbius is incredible - lots of great sculpting and great decal work. And neat idea using a glass bulb for the brain-dome.

I look forward to more Dr. Who customs (and still silently curse we're not getting Dr. Who Minimates...)

I am considering cancelling all my pre-orders for DST Minimates :ohmy:

Luke would you consider supplying me with your stuff instead ? Despite my yearning for Who-Mates I am not a Who-freak Fan-boy...........but these would sell like bloody hot-cakes . :yes:

Am I allowed to mention these in my next phone-call to Underground Comics which is about due ? I'm completely serious !

Thanks guys, I am having a blast making these!

Am I allowed to mention these in my next phone-call to Underground Comics which is about due ? I'm completely serious !

Sure, go ahead! And get their mailing address so I can send them a custom to taunt them. :P