UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for ya Luke: How can I get my paws on a copy of Adobe Illustrator without having to shell out $600.00 or just using the 30 day free trial version?

Unfortunately there isn't a way to get Illustrator other than that. However, I can think of a few alternatives. One is a new product called Inkscape that is getting some good press. It is a vector art program similar to Illustrator.

Another option is to design the decals using a raster art program instead, like Photoshop. Although the full version of Photoshop is expensive, Photoshop Elements is alot cheaper, and the GIMP is free. If there is enough interest I will make a tutorial on designing decals using this type of software.

I hope that helps!

New Hawkeye is really an eyecatcher, Luke! The glasses are very well done. I know that you usually don't do it, but do you have a pic showing her back? I wonder how her skirt, quiver and scarf look from behind.

Good idea! I don't usually do it, because the back of the custom is usually pretty boring. But this one has alot going on. Here you go:

DSC08442.jpg

I originally had her quiver at a higher angle, but it wouldn't fit with both the hairpiece and the scarf. So I had to rip it off, sand down the places where the old glue would show, repaint it, and re-glue the quiver on at this angle.

And JP, that is hilarious that you were working on a Hitman decal too. He is pretty obscure!

Edited by luke314pi

Question for ya Luke: How can I get my paws on a copy of Adobe Illustrator without having to shell out $600.00 or just using the 30 day free trial version?

*cough* torrent *cough*

Minimadman does not endorse theft.

Oh sure! When he says it it's fine. When I say it TBT yells at me!

Wait... Timbo always yells at me...

Carry on. :P

Luke, that Hawkeye is amazing, but by far the coolest thing I saw was the blue wash on Hitman's guns. it just added an entirely new layer of comic authenticity!

Also, I have PS7 but apparently am incapable of drawing anything beyond a stick figure. Any thoughts?

Also, I have PS7 but apparently am incapable of drawing anything beyond a stick figure. Any thoughts?

If there is enough interest, I will make a Photoshop decal tutorial as well. Its a different process than using Illustrator, but you can get results that are just as good.

If there is enough interest, I will make a Photoshop decal tutorial as well. Its a different process than using Illustrator, but you can get results that are just as good.

Mark me as interested!

• 2 weeks later...