UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new commission:

Master Chief

masterchief.jpg

He is mostly based on his appearance in the original Halo, with a few tiny changes here and there. His helmet and chest armor is mostly Apoxie Sculpt. His gun is from BrickArms. I have yet to find a really good gold paint, so his visor is painted silver with a watered down layer of glossy yellow and a tiny bit of glossy red on top.

Let me be the first to say, that is HOT.

Seriously, i have never bought Halo, but have played and didn't really enjoy it. This makes me want to buy it and stick him on top of my 360 while i play. Or just glue him to the controller. ;) Seriously, though; It looks that good.

Can't wait for your next customs, and decal pack. I expect a Jean Grey soon. ;)

Just kidding; your stuff is great, so keep up the good work. :)

Here is a set of customs for myself that I have been working on for a few weeks now. They are all from the pages of Thor, although some of them have appeared in other comics as well.

Ymir the Frost Giant:

ymir.jpg

This 3" monster has a club made from Super Sculpey. His spikes were sculpted with Apoxie Sculpt, and then sharpened on my belt sander.

Surtur:

surtur.jpg

Although he was made from a 3" mate, Surtur is closer to 4" with the fire on his head. Everything was sculpted in Apoxie Sculpt. The hilt of his sword is a lego. The tail has a wire running through it for strength and stability.

Destroyer:

destroyer.jpg

I wish I had my decal paper two weeks ago, because all this line work was a pain in the butt! I kept screwing up a line, and I would have to touch it up with a toothpick and re-draw the line later. The head decoration was cut from sheet plastic.

Odin:

odin.jpg

I struggled alot with the design of this one. I repainted him completely twice. I kept bouncing back and forth between too much detail and not enough detail. I'm still not completely happy with him, but I will call it good for now. The helmet is a modified Loki helmet, and the armor is from Apocalypse. The beard and part of the armor is Apoxie Sculpt. The spear is combined from a few legos and random pieces of plastic.

The Warriors Three - Hogun, Volstagg, and Fandral:

warriors.jpg

Hogun's shoulder cape is modified from Mysterio, and his waistpiece is but from sheet plastic. I have no idea where I got his mace from. Volstagg is a 2.5" mate shortened, similar to how I did The Blob. His beard, helmet, and gut are Apoxie Sculpt. Fandral's waist piece is from Bison, and his fluffy collar and sleeves are Apoxie Sculpt. His sword is from Samwise Gamgee.

Here are a few battle scenes featuring these new mates:

post-3-1227026318_thumb.jpg

post-3-1227026328_thumb.jpg

post-3-1227026337_thumb.jpg

I had a lot of fun making these. They now occupy a special area of my minimates shelf along with Thor and Loki. :)

I love the detailing on Ymir. You should show some of your customs to DST. They could use your minimate ideas for their new minimate waves.

How did you curve the sheet plastic for the dress, Luke? Or did you connect seperate pieces using Apoxie Scuplt?

Keep an eye on Minimate Factory next week. I will be posting an accessory template that will give you the patterns to use for making minimate dresses, skirts, capes, and other accessories. :)

Thanks for the compliments everyone!!

• 2 weeks later...

New customs!

Kate Bishop (Young Avengers)

katebishop.jpg

Kate's glasses are apoxie sculpt, her chest is a decal, her hair is from Pepper Potts, her bow is from Hawkeye, and her quiver is a modified lego. Her scarf is cut from a minimate cape.

Hitman

hitman.jpg

Classic Spidey villain. His face is a decal, shoulder straps are from Star Trek minimates, and these weapons have come with several different Marvel mates. I just gave them a swab of blue paint to match the shading on his glasses.

Stegron

stegron.jpg

Another Spidey villain. Stegron's head and spikes are apoxie sculpt. His tail is articulated at the base using a minimate shoulder joint.

Those three were commissions, but this one was just for me:

Dr. Doom's Servo-Guard

servoguard.jpg

Doom always had a few dozen of these to spare whenever the Fantastic Four came calling. The helmet is apoxie sculpt, the chest is a decal, and the gun is from BrickArms. I should try casting his head so I can make a few dozen for myself. :)

If anyone is interested, I also improved the graphics on my website today too. I tend to do this every 6 months or so. :P

Edited by luke314pi