UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got around to doing some more Nintendo minimates with the help of the mighty waterslide decal:

Mario and Luigi

marioluigi.jpg

The hats are modified from M.Bison. The faces and chests are decals. I shortened Mario using my belt sander. I have already started on Wario and Waluigi. I am just waiting for more M.Bison mates to come in the mail. I have also started on Princess Zelda, Peach, and Daisy.

And here are a few new Marvel mates:

Count Nefaria:

countnefaria.jpg

Hellcat:

hellcat.jpg

1st Appearance Wonder Man:

wonderman-1.jpg

The decals for Mario, Luigi, and Wonder Man will be part of the free decal packs I will be posting on the Factory next week!

Definitely. I was actually wondering why they didn't do that, especially since there was print underneath.

Looks nice. :)

The easiest explanation I can see is that it's a reuse The same piece is on Transformation Venom and on both Powerhouses: Sandman and Thing.

(Ivan, I hope you don't mind that I used the Database here.)

So that pretty much explains why he's a full overchest instead of a seperate piece. There was probably not enough money to do a lion jacket and make it a new piece. None of the jackets we have (NXM Wolverine ect.) really fit the Kraven look.

Check the database of you don't believe me. DST's thing was the best economical solution out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few new customs. Most of the decals used on these are either available now, or will be available on Decal Pack #3, which should be posted at the end of this month. First up is an addition to my horror collection:

Michael Myers

DSC07851.jpg

DSC07844.jpg

Now Jason and Freddy will have another person to brawl with (Looking at them now, I'm thinking Freddy needs a new decal face soon to replace his old one). The knife is from Bullseye, and I can't remember who the hairpiece is from.

Waluigi and Wario

DSC07855.jpg

The hats are modified from Bison, just like with Mario and Luigi, posted above. Wario was shortened on my belt sander.

Hellfire Club

DSC07865.jpg

My camera was out of batteries, but I was able to snap one picture of this set before it died. Normally I would take dozens of pictures while moving the light source, so I wouldn't get that glare on the minimates, but it was unavoidable here. From left to right they are Donald Pierce, Sebastian Shaw, Jean Grey as the Black Queen, and Jason Wyngarde (Mastermind). There have been many other members of the Hellfire Club, but I wanted to focus on these four. I will also be making some goons. I am just waiting for more parts to arrive in the mail.

The men's coats are modified from New X-Men Jean Grey coats. The Black Queen is a repainted Emma Frost with repainted Pepper Pots hair. Shaw's hair is a modified Wolverine hairpiece to give him his trademark sideburns. I can't recall where the other hairpieces came from.

Edited by luke314pi