UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

I am really addicted to making these robo-mates now, LOL. Here are two new ones:

Ethernet, made from an old network card:

Ethernet1.jpg

Ethernet2.jpg

Cache, made from an old motherboard:

Cache1.jpg

Cache2.jpg

And I recently dismantled a cordless phone and a power supply, so more are on their way!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
luke i was just on your website,and saw that it said if you have any ideas or projects to contact you,well i had an idea ffor a zombie minimate game,if you think this is a good idea ill send you zombie design(im a good drawer)

I appreciate the offer, but I have a ton of other projects going on right now, so I wouldn't have time to work on another game. But you should draw it anyways and post it in your customs thread!

All of the upcoming Marvel Zombies minimates have inspired me to make a Zombie Luke minimate. This is what I would look like as a zombie:

WARNING: IMAGES ARE A LITTLE GRAPHIC

DSC03047.jpg

DSC03048.jpg

I used the same rough painting technique that I did on Pyramid Head. His entrails are made from twisty ties.

That's really cool! Nice one Luke.

Sweet mother of brains...

Nice Zombie Luke! ... very very cool and the kind of zombie look I'd go for if making a 'mini-zombie me'.

Love the entrails ;)

Are we going to see a Ltd edition 'Jelly shots and wild turkey' Luke too?

T.

• 2 months later...

Building a better Dr. Doom:

dooms.jpg

This is a project I have wanted to do for a long time now. As a huge Fantastic Four fan, I have never been happy with the Dr. Doom minimate. I didn't like the face, and the cape seemed too confining and stiff. I decided to rebuild him completely. I gave him a sculpted face, similar to the battle scarred Thing's helmet, or the newer sculpted Hawkman mask. His hood is modified from the original Doom, and his cape is a a modified Bison cape. His new skirt is cut from sheet plastic, and his gun is made from a minimate rifle. Originally I gave him metal details on his arms and legs like the original Doom had, but it looked too busy, so I removed most of them. I am very happy with how he turned out, and he looks more like Doom to me now.

very very very nice work luke... i cant imagine to work you had to do to achieve the details in the mask... i know how many times ive scrapped almost finished work to redo it especially when working with such small details... mind blowing!!

• 3 weeks later...

Over Halloween I got a sudden urge to add a few more minimates to my Minimate Maniacs shelf. The first one I made was Pinhead from the Hellraiser movies:

pinheadmm.jpg

For the pins in the top of his head, I just pounded them in with a hammer. But that was too difficult to do for the ones on the side of his head, so I pre-drilled those first, and then dipped the pins in superglue and inserted them. I tried to add more pins, but the center of his head is so stuffed with pins that I could not get another one in. His outfit was cut from sheet plastic.

Next up is Jigsaw from the Saw movies:

jigsaw.jpg

This was a quick custom that was inspired by an extra Rocky figure I had. His "spiked" hand is a modified Wolverine hand.

I look forward to your comments!

GREAT PIN HEAD, very ingenious. I think his costume and face is perfect.

What size nails did you use? They seem a bit bulky, mabe smaller tac nails cut in half, than clued into predrilled holes would provide a better scale, especially around his eyes and mouth?

I went to two hardware stores and an arts and crafts store, and these were the smallest I could find.

GREAT PIN HEAD, very ingenious. I think his costume and face is perfect.

What size nails did you use? They seem a bit bulky, mabe smaller tac nails cut in half, than clued into predrilled holes would provide a better scale, especially around his eyes and mouth?

I went to two hardware stores and an arts and crafts store, and these were the smallest I could find.

What if you just used sewing pins? It might be tough to find a drill bit small enough though...

BS

Sewing pins are thin enough and should be sturdy enough to just be able to push them into a mate head.

Not sure though, haven't actually tried it myself, but with the other customs i've done, they seem to be soft enough to push them into without Too much trouble.