UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome work Luke! Love the detail around the gloves and boots. And it is strange that we haven't seen an official classic Sabretooth yet. But if they do make one I can only imagine who he'd be paired with...

• 1 month later...

Here is my latest custom - Falcon! His wings are in two sections, like my Sauron, so when his arms bend, he still retains his full wingspan. His wings, vest, and mask are cut from sheet plastic, and his hair is milliput.

falcon-1.jpg

I also made a new version of my Terrax custom. The new one uses a Green Lantern torso, and has a scratch-built axe, plus a better paint job overall.

terrax2-1.jpg

As always, I look forward to your comments. :)

Hmm... I wonder what you mean by modified :D My guess is... SuperSkrull? Or jus U.Sabretooth :P Oh and btw, I simply don't get the thickness of the black marker you use for the lines. You don't have an image comparison wit a minimate? They're so thin...

Wow, Luke, just wow. :thumbsup: I was looking at your Sabretooth... how did you make his eyes/eyebrows so symmetrical? :ohmy:

Thanks! The eyes and eyebrows are actually modified from an existing minimate. Can you spot which one? :)

They're from Dimitri, right?

BTW: Love the Sabretooth and Terrax. I'm not a fan of the Falcon as a character, but the custom is damn good

Hmm... I wonder what you mean by modified :D My guess is... SuperSkrull? Or jus U.Sabretooth :P Oh and btw, I simply don't get the thickness of the black marker you use for the lines. You don't have an image comparison wit a minimate? They're so thin...

Logan nailed it - it is a modified Dimitri pair of eyes. My black marker is a Ultra Fine Point Sharpie. The trick to getting the really thin lines is to drag the tip of the marker across the surface very lightly and very quickly, so the ink doesn't have a chance to spread.

Looks great, Luke. Is it a 2" figure? Hard to tell.

Love the goatee. The inverted legs look cool.

Antacost, I'm pretty sure it's a 2-incher, as he seems to have Ryu's/Akuma's wrist guards.

My wireless mouse broke today. I got angry that it broke, hulked out, and crushed it. I looked at all the cool parts that were inside, and decided to make a funky robot minimate custom. This little guy is all superglue and broken mouse parts. It turned out so well I am actually thinking of making more of them, perhaps even a little robot minimate army. I have an old 486 in my garage I could smash. What do you think?

DSCF4556.jpg

DSCF4558.jpg