UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

Wow, it has been a while since I have posted any new customs! I have been busy with my baby boy, and I also finished my masters degree. But I have been able to get a bunch of customs done in the last few weeks, some commissions, and some for myself. Here are three new ones:

Annihilus

annihilus.jpg

Annihilus's wings are made from sheet metal and Super Sculpey, as well as his shoulder armor.

Miss Marvel

DSC00469.jpg

Miss Marvel's belt is cut from sheet plastic.

Genis-Vell (Captain Marvel)

genis-vell.jpg

The hair is a modified Nightcrawler hairpiece, and the stars were painted on with a toothpick.

I will also have a set of four new minimate customs on display at the upcoming CustomCon in April. I am also sporting a new avatar. ;)

I look forward to your comments!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - I really like how you did Genis' starry look - great job!

Ditto. They looks great! Annihilus is awesome too I think Ms. Marvel is just a hard character to do though. It's not bad, just not WOW.

the cap marvel looks sooo good i almost fooled myself into thinking that it was photoshop......but then i reminded myself that the legendary luke314pi made it :thumbsup:

You just keep raising the bar higher and higher for the rest of us. Great work and well worth the wait. :thumbsup:
Echo, sir! Very good; though I've found that Super Sculpey can be brittle even after drying--how fragile are Annihilus' wings, if I may ask?

I have been wanting to see a Captain Marvel done like that forever, absolutly awesome, looks perfect.

BS

I agree with this 100% I have been wanting to do a Captain Marvel for quite some time, but just too chickenshit to attempt it, now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to steal your work :whistling:

Thanks guys! :)

I've found that Super Sculpey can be brittle even after drying--how fragile are Annihilus' wings, if I may ask?

Most of his wings are made of sheet metal, with a small amount of sculpey around the top and sides for decoration. After baking the sculpey, I also put a coat of superglue over it before painting, to make sure it stayed strong. So the wings are pretty strong since they are mostly metal. If the wings had been ALL sculpey then I would definitely worry about their structural integrity. ;)

Wow! These are sweet! I'm speechless!!

Are these all paint jobs or did you use any decals?

(Congrats on the Masters. You've been a busy man!)

Thanks! They are all hand painted. I have yet to try using decals. I might try it out someday, but for now I am happy with my methods.

All of them look great Luke...

Marvel is definately a shining stand-out to your portfolio. Super, super nice work there... How long did he take to paint?

Marvel is definately a shining stand-out to your portfolio. Super, super nice work there... How long did he take to paint?

Thanks! I would guess that Captain Marvel took around 2 hours to paint, plus about 15 minutes for shaving down nightcrawler's hairpiece.

• 1 month later...

Looking good, Luke! We ran a small article at the HQ linking to them on the 4th day of Custom Con. Can't wait to see your next entries.

On an unrelated note, I got the Nobody vs. Evil Nobody book and I'm loving it - thanks!

• 1 month later...