UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

Hey Luke, did you sculpt the hair for Madman? I made him a few years ago, but I never did hit on a good hairpiece for him (I think I used VP Baltar's hair). BTW, if I can make a suggestion... he needs cuffs for his gloves!

I agree about the cuffs!

Madman's hair looks like a modified Nightwing, though I could be mistaken:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=464&n=Nightwing

You are correct, sir!

Thanks guys!

Hey Luke, did you sculpt the hair for Madman? I made him a few years ago, but I never did hit on a good hairpiece for him (I think I used VP Baltar's hair). BTW, if I can make a suggestion... he needs cuffs for his gloves!

I agree about the cuffs!

You are correct, sir!

That Madman is for me and I've got a pair of Champions Ghost Rider hands/cuffs already set aside for him. :)

As for Mike Allred minimates, I'm actually going to send one of the Madmen to Mike himself when I've got another hairpiece to send Luke (and he has the time to modify it) in an effort to interest him in maybe making minimates. If you haven't seen my Gallery of original art on Facebook or know of how closely I follow Mike's stuff, lemme say that I'm pretty intense about it. Here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.513197870894.2050636.70302941&type=3&l=4cdd812fd0

Were DST/AA to make Madman, Atomics & Red Rocket 7 minimates I'd be beside myself with joy. Allred's stuff is my favorite, no contest.

Edited by Mystery Man

Thanks guys!

I agree about the cuffs!

You are correct, sir!

That Madman is for me and I've got a pair of Champions Ghost Rider hands/cuffs already set aside for him. :)

As for Mike Allred minimates, I'm actually going to send one of the Madmen to Mike himself when I've got another hairpiece to send Luke (and he has the time to modify it) in an effort to interest him in maybe making minimates. If you haven't seen my Gallery of original art on Facebook or know of how closely I follow Mike's stuff, lemme say that I'm pretty intense about it. Here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.513197870894.2050636.70302941&type=3&l=4cdd812fd0

Were DST/AA to make Madman, Atomics & Red Rocket 7 minimates I'd be beside myself with joy. Allred's stuff is my favorite, no contest.

I've made Minimates for Madman, Jo, and It Girl (not to mention U-Go Girl and Doop). Jo's a pretty easy quick custom; pm me and I can send you my formula.

Heh, after seeing Mad Man in the subtitle I was expecting to see a Minimate Don Draper. :D

mm.jpg

That's great! :biggrin:

One question, though... how in the world could they get Christina Hendricks'... proportions right on a Minimate body? :unsure:

• 2 months later...

I can't believe it has been 2 months since my last update! Some of the customs I have done since then got entered into CustomCon, so those will get posted next week. Here are some others that I just finished:

Two Face

two_face.jpg

Plastic Man

plasticman.jpg

Metamorpho

metamorpho-1.jpg

Similar to my last Metamorpho, but with a different face.

Tech Noir T-800

technoir3.jpg

technoir4.jpg

I wanted this one to fit in with the other T2 releases, so I traced an existing face tampo, and then modified it to make him look a little younger and slightly leaner.

1st Appearance Blizzard (Gregor Shapanka, sometimes called Jack Frost)

blizzard.jpg

I made extras of Metamorpho, Two Face, and Tech Noir T-800 that I will be listing on ebay on Friday. I will post the links here.

Great customs Luke, some of your best yet! What did you use for Two-Face's coin, or did you sculpt it?

I just realized, I never sent you a sheet of that decal film, do you still want me to send you some to test?

His coin is sculpted. And yes I would love to try that decal film. :)

PS: Where did you get plastic man's hammer hand from?

It is Ultimate Thor's hammer with the back side trimmed into more of a claw shape.

Most of those are MINE, and as I told Luke via PM, I think they're all just about perfect! Luke's distinctive style comes through each one in different ways. Apart from the Tommy Lee likness, I noticed a distinct similarity between Plastic Man and Luke's avatar pic ;)

Funny enough, these were all commissioned well before that link with the "what could have been" DC figures was shown. Two Face will nicely help to better fill out my Batman Rogue's gallery (I really only still want a Scarecrow at this point). Plasty and Metamorpho are two of the more colorful DC characters out there, and just seem perfectly suited to Minimates. They go together in my mind because of this record I had as a kid:

plasticman01.gif

and Tech Noir completes my Minimate Terminator collection with what may well be my favorite Terminator look at this point (certainly, this is going to be my favorite Minimate Terminator figure). I can't wait to have these in-hand, and my only problem is that there are so many other great characters that couldn't be made so that these could! :D

Thanks again Luke! :thumbsup:

Edited by karamazov80

What a great batch of customs Luke but That T-800 is perfect, well done sir.I also see he is also going to a great home :biggrin: