UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not a bad idea! I am actually going to be doing some work on my shelves in late January, so while the minimates are down, it would be a good time to make a quick video. Plus I have one or two Doctor Who customs finished that I haven't taken pics of yet, and a half dozen more that are in various stages of completion. :)

I have several of the micro figures, with the intention of converting them to minimates. The Cybermen heads work well on minimate bodies. My kids also have several of them that they play with. Here is my 10th Doctor with the character builder Tardis:

Tardis.jpg

love the Dr Who customs Luke, can't wait to see your latest.

question on the TARDIS, did you modify the doors on the one in the photo? the preview pic i've seen shows them as a one piece design, opening inward. which is the reason i haven't ordered one, but i must say it does look great with the minimate.

thanks

The TARDIS isn't quite as sturdy as I would like, but it looks great and is a good size for minimates. Sometimes the doors fold inwards, and it is hard to open them up correctly without separating a few of the bricks, but I am still glad I picked it up.

New customs time! First up is a commission that I wanted to make a 2nd one for myself, but didn't have the parts!

Strong Guy

strong_guy.jpg

He was inspired by Shamrock's modern Strong Guy. The face is a decal, and the chest is hand painted. The arms and chest are from a 3" minimate, bulked up with apoxie sculpt, and also trimmed on the sides. The hips are from a 2.5" mate.

Next up is another commission piece, a set of 4 customs from Stargate SG-1:

stargate.jpg

And finally, in case you missed them in the Secret Santa thread, here are some pics of the Weird Al Yankovic minimates I made for youbastards:

weird2.jpg

weird3.jpg

weird1.jpg

More AoA and DC mates coming soon! :)

Luke:

LOVE THE STARGATE MATES!!!!! I wish I had a set.

The Weird Al mates are equally awesome.

Love your work and wish I had the time, talent and funds to do them. However, you are a hard guy to beat so I will just admire your AWESOME work!

Thank you for sharing.

• 4 weeks later...

Two new customs! First up is a minimate that I wanted to have ready in time for my Dead Alive Minimates submission, but could not get her finished in time:

Paquita with Zombie Uncle Les head

paquita1.jpg

The happy bloody couple:

paquita2.jpg

Next up is a commission:

Mad Man

madman-1.jpg

Artmates Series 2 has caused some delays in my customizing (not to mention having unexpected house guests over the holidays). I have several half finished customs on my desk, including some Age of Apocalypse and some more DC. Plus I am working on a personal customizing project that anyone who grew up in the 80's will appreciate. :)