UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

wonderful as always Luke, execution far more impressive than anything we'd see officially made.

any chance those lantern chest decals will be made available to us mortals? I realise how cheeky that is, but no harm in asking ;)

while I'm here, any chance you'll make the sticker paper you've been using available through the Toy Store?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love your lanterns. Atrocitus & Walker are my faves, but i am AMAZED at how you've gotten the beak on to the standard minimate head! Brilliant.

and a sneak peak at . . .Dr Who?!?!?!?!? Dear lord, let there be a Rose custom in the works :)

Thanks everyone!

FINALLY!!!! ever since you showed off your first doctor who customs i have been waiting to see you make him :D

how are you liking him as the doctor? :)

My son and I are up to the middle of Season 3, and I think both Eccleston and Tennant have made excellent Doctors. I held off watching any new Doctor Who for a long time because I was worried it wouldn't be as campy as the classics. I am glad to see I was wrong. :)

any chance those lantern chest decals will be made available to us mortals? I realise how cheeky that is, but no harm in asking ;)

while I'm here, any chance you'll make the sticker paper you've been using available through the Toy Store?

I will release all of these decals in my next Factory update. I just added the new sticker paper to the store, but it is laser printer only. They don't make an equivalent ink jet version unfortunately.

awesome work! Love the lanterns, you make me want to start customizing Lanterns.What a group of customs!You got me excited for the next factory update for sure :biggrin: .

Doctor Who "Rose" 4-pack!

9th_doctor.jpg

There are so many modern Doctor Who characters that I want to do, I wasn't sure where to start. I finally decided to start back at the very beginning with "Rose".

Decals for faces and chests. The white areas on Rose were added later. The autons' hands are a normal hand that is cut, with a piece of a lego antenna glued there for their hidden guns.

I had a heck of a time with Christopher Eccleston's face. I kept making adjustments and printed 30 different faces on one sheet, each one with slightly different proportions. I tried both serious and smiling. His face is very hard to capture on a minimate because he has a long nose and a long forehead. This was the best decal of the bunch, and it has been growing on me more and more since I finished the custom.

A 10th Doctor set of 4 is coming next!

Yay Dr Who. Well done, As I first saw the pic I was thinking first thoughts there is something off about the face on The Doctor. Jut the mouth seems a little weird shape compared to other minimate mouth's, but on reading you have had trouble with his face I'll go with your A+ skill

Thanks guys!

Well done, Luke! Can we have a closer look on the autons' hands? I really love it when you do these little sculpting/modifiying/manipulating details!

Your wish is my command. :)

autons.jpg

Nice. I don't recall Eccleston smiling that much. I think I would have gone with a more serious face, but I can certainly see where you were going there.

The serious faces looked even less like Eccleston to me. I just couldn't nail it. Anyways, I loved the times on the show when he would get that insane smile. It reminded me of Tom Baker. :)

Rose & The Autons are great! Love how you made the Auton gun hand, and you nailed Rose's likeness perfectly.

The Doctor's face seems just a little off to me. Like the eyes are too far up his face, or they're too close together. It's probably just the angle of the head in the photo, though.

Edited by boyd

As promised, here is the 10th Doctor Set I have been working on!

Daleks in Manhattan

10thDoctor.jpg

The minimates are (clockwise from the front) The Doctor, Laszlo, Dalek Sec, and a Pig Slave. The two black daleks are the 2.5" electronic daleks. All of the characters have decals for their chest and face. I used Fixit Sculpt for the Doctor's hair, the pig ears, and Dalek Sec's tendrils. Here is an image of the top of Dalek Sec's head:

sec3.jpg

Here is my "serious" Christopher Eccleston face:

eccleston.jpg

Do you think it looks more like him than the smiling face?

Also, in case you missed it in my sig, here is the new chest decal for Age of Apocalypse Jean:

aoa_jean.jpg

I will have two more 10th Doctor customs finished in the next few days, with many more to follow. :)