UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

Agent brand and that ninja master are just to cool

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW i want that helicarrier! :D its beautiful! your awsome android looks perfect, cant wait to see him with mad thinker. i really like your moleman that cape is superb. agent brand looks great to and nick fury's face looks good, ive just always hated that hair piece :P i use the battle damaged mister fantastic hair, it looks more like nicks.

as usual, those are some wonderful, professional looking customs, but that Helicarrier is incredible, a vast improvement. When I scrolled down and saw it, comparing before/after... I just grinned for a few minutes.

If that was what the actual release looked like, I'd buy it straight away. As for wall-mounting, have you considered having it hanging from the ceiling? If I remember correctly from your video, your collection is a sort of square 'U' shape against three walls? having it hanging in the middle would be pretty cool, plus there'd be plenty of room for other ships, etc. to join it.

but hey, you're the man... I'm sure you'll think of something awesome looking

EDIT - oh, I meant to ask, how long d'you think that thing took you in the end? I remember when you where enquiring as to when it was actually due to come out, must be a wonderful feeling when a long term project like comes together... like that Galactus of yours!

Edited by bobafett

My god, that is a thing of beauty. I had no intentions of buying because i don't have the space, and now you've made me reconsider. I totally agree with posing The Ultimates with it; they just look they'd ride something like that. Fantastic work as always, Luke.

Nick is looking good, but i agree with points already made; the hairpiece he originally came with is dreadful. I pose mine with Old Man Logan hair (i like an older Fury look), but i think your's would really benefit from the repainted Spirit hair used for TRU Reed Richards.

Thanks for the comments everyone, and for the suggestions on Nick Fury's hair!

If that was what the actual release looked like, I'd buy it straight away. As for wall-mounting, have you considered having it hanging from the ceiling? If I remember correctly from your video, your collection is a sort of square 'U' shape against three walls? having it hanging in the middle would be pretty cool, plus there'd be plenty of room for other ships, etc. to join it.

but hey, you're the man... I'm sure you'll think of something awesome looking

EDIT - oh, I meant to ask, how long d'you think that thing took you in the end? I remember when you where enquiring as to when it was actually due to come out, must be a wonderful feeling when a long term project like comes together... like that Galactus of yours!

I like the idea of hanging it from the ceiling! Maybe at a slight angle, as if it were in trouble, with Nick Fury and some soldiers hanging on tight, while Iron Man and Thor held it up from underneath?

Some of the parts were spray painted, which only took 4 sessions of a few minutes each. Other parts were hand painted, and those only took me an hour and a half. So the entire project really didn't take much time at all. I didn't mess with the inside of the ship, as I never plan on displaying it open. For a while, I was throwing around ideas on what to do with the circular opening on the top, which is part of the disc-firing action that the toy has. Then I got the Minimates MAX soldiers, and one of them fit perfectly in there, and looked like he was manning the guns. So it could have been even more work if things hadn't worked out so well. :)

• 5 weeks later...

As you might have suspected, I bought the remaining stock of black and white minimates from Bad Apple Comics. They have been awesome for customizing, and I started thinking about characters that I could make that are mostly black or white. As many of you know, I don't have much time for customizing these days, so anything I make for myself has to be made quickly and easily! One character that came to mind was Nimrod, the mutant-hunting sentinel from the future. My normal camera is still out for repair, so here is another cell phone picture:

nimrod.jpg

I made a few extras of him and put him up on ebay here, along with some other customs I had laying around.

I am just finishing up a big batch of DC customs, and my camera is supposed to come in the mail later this week, so I should have some more new customs to show soon. Plus CustomCon is next week, and I will have a custom to show that ties in to my entry, but didn't get finished in time. :)

Hey guys, thought you'd all like to see a couple of commissions that Luke was good enough to do for me.

Especially as he can't do it himself due to having broken his camera.

mir2.jpg

miru.jpg

I think they're fantastic. The Jack Staff in particular has been getting a lot of attention on Twitter. Even Paul Grist himself has seen it and commented. There's a story behind Mr. Miracle that Luke might like to fill you in on ;) but maybe it's best if he waits until he's finished and shown off the other 'mates he's doing for me.

He also did a rather natty Thundra that I purchased via e-bay a couple of months back.

imgp2194h.jpg

All are fantastic, can't thank you enough Luke. Cheers fella! :)

Thanks for posting the pics! My camera returned from the manufacturer yesterday, supposedly fixed, and still refused to even turn on. So it is going back in the mail again, and it will still be cell phone pictures from me for a while.

I might as well post another new custom here. Besides the MMV Secret Santa, I was also a part of the Reddit Secret Santa, the largest in history with over 17,000 participants. My recipient had several photos of himself posted online, and has a cool blog about being a photographer in a stormchasing group, so I made him a minimate of himself, with all of the gear that he might need on his stormchasing adventures. He was also kind enough to post pictures:

DSC_6971.jpg

More pictures and description from him here. :)

Love that Miracle Man. Too many DC-Mates have gone unmade :(

That's Mr. Miracle. Easy mistake to make though. Right, Luke? :biggrin:

:lol:

Yes, as Rad alluded to earlier, I was supposed to have made a Miracle Man for him, and accidentally made a Mr. Miracle. Luckily he liked it, so it all worked out well in the end. So the actual Miracle Man is coming soon!

Luke also made a Mr. Miracle for me, which looks just like Rad's, but with a different cape. This one looks to be an M. Bison, if I'm not mistaken, and the one for mine looks to be a Dr. Doom cape with the hood spliced. Anyway, it's really, really nice, and I'm jonesing for a Big Barda to go with him, especially after seeing Robbie's great Barda design sheet.

Jack Staff's amazing too!

Luke also made a Mr. Miracle for me, which looks just like Rad's, but with a different cape. This one looks to be an M. Bison, if I'm not mistaken, and the one for mine looks to be a Dr. Doom cape with the hood spliced. Anyway, it's really, really nice, and I'm jonesing for a Big Barda to go with him, especially after seeing Robbie's great Barda design sheet.

Thanks for the reminder! I hadn't posted a picture of him yet, because I was going to show pictures of the two customs together, to show the slight differences in the cape, collar, and facial expression. Here is the picture I took of hellpop's custom in my lightbox a few months ago:

mrmiracle.jpg

luke when will you update us on your modok? I have been dying to see what you were able to do with that.

Unfortunately he still looks the same as the last time you saw him. I am hoping to have more time to work on customs after the holiday season is over.