UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

have to get in on this,firestorm is the best custom ive seen this year for sure,i agree with murderofcrows.and ive always been a fan of grundy and you nailed it.Brainiac we must see more pics of the clear in him

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at Luke's DC customs is like looking into an alternate universe where DC minimates are still made. They absolutely look as good as if they were made by DST, themselves. I'm sad again. :sad:

Took the words right out of my mouth. I actually worked on the DC Minimates line, and I showed the-powers-that-be Luke's work several times as a guy whom I thought would be an amazing contributor to the line. Not sure where it went from there, but to me Luke's work has been nothing short of breathtaking, spectacular, and inspiring. I am insanely jealous of just how fantastic these are.

As always, OUTSTANDING work, Luke!!!

Looking at Luke's DC customs is like looking into an alternate universe where DC minimates are still made. They absolutely look as good as if they were made by DST, themselves. I'm sad again. :sad:

Took the words right out of my mouth. I actually worked on the DC Minimates line, and I showed the-powers-that-be Luke's work several times as a guy whom I thought would be an amazing contributor to the line. Not sure where it went from there, but to me Luke's work has been nothing short of breathtaking, spectacular, and inspiring. I am insanely jealous of just how fantastic these are.

I know I pester you every year about this Iron-Cow, but is there anyway you could leak the character selection from the fabled Wave 9 of the DC Minimates? I know, I know, client confidentiality. You are a professional and you would never publically release this info. But it's fairly clear that DC Minimates won't be coming back.

Can we devise a clever way to get this information out of you without exposing you? Not knowing what could have been is killing a lot of us Mini-fanatics. Besides, with all of the people who departed DST recently, no one could prove it was you who let the cat out of the bag. And in the grand scheme of things, what does this hurt? ToyFare Magazine regularly publishes stories about the behind the scenes actions for toys that never were. Information longs to be free! Anonymous leak, please!

Edit: For those of you who don't know, we owe Iron-Cow a HUGE thanks for Lockjaw. Iron-Cow invented the four legged Minimate design.

Edited by Jatta Pake

I never get sad about DC releases. I hated the DCD mates. Nowhere near as awesome as C3. I am a HUG fan of the cartoony mate/JLU style. The DCD designs just never did it for me. Then again the new Marvel mates aren't really doing that much for me either. My point is I look at the Alfred/Hawkgirl/Grundy C3 prototypes and I morn a lot more than I ever will for DCD. I honestly don't get the point about needing to know about wave 9. They're dead. You'll never know waves 10 through 30 either.

Thanks everyone, I am glad you like these! :)

I will take a backlit picture of Brainiac before I send him out.

Wow, thanks Matt! I appreciate the recommendation!

Great job on the new customs Luke :D. I really like the Alan Scott mate. May have to commission one for myself at some point :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Two new DC customs!

Kyle Rayner

Kyle_Rayner.jpg

Face and chest are decals, hair is from William Adama.

Vixen

vixen.jpg

Face and chest are decals, and I think the hair is from one of the Tony Stark mates.

Next up will be 4 new Marvel customs! :)

Absolutely amazing work Luke. It's funny how yesterday I happened to look at some of your custom pics from 3-4 years ago. Seeing those (which I was impressed with then) and then seeing these today just blows my mind at how you've perfected this art.

honestly being on luke's list for a commission is like waiting for christmas...scratch that it is like waiting for christmas, knowing that santa is bringing you a dodge challenger...wait a dodge challenger with a full tank of gas, a pony keg, and the keys to the playboy mansion....yea that is exactly what it is like except it is awesome beyond words minimates....but exactly the same.

Luke I have said it before and I will say it again, why you dont work for DST is beyond me

moc847