UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Luke. I was just looking through the decals on Minimate Factory and noticed that there's a generic male chest, but no generic female chest. Is that something you have available that might make it on the site soon?

Sure, I will add that with my next decal update, which should be soon. :)

not sure if i've actually commented on your stuff before Luke, as amazing as it all is. However, those Sinestro Corps... since i noticed them on the factory earlier yesterday, i don't think longer than an hour has gone by without me coming back to look at them again.

v.much looking forward to the finished packaging

• 2 weeks later...

Here is one custom that always seems to get set aside. I have been "working on it" for months now, although that mostly meant that it was simply sitting next to the customs I was working on at the time. But its nice to finally have him with the rest of my FF minimates:

Franklin Richards

franklin.jpg

He is based on his current appearance in the comics, of a boy around 11 years old. I shortened his limbs and torso, and gave him the jigsaw waist piece to make it look like a long t-shirt. The face looks a little bit anime to me, but it was the only way I could make him look like a child next to the other minimates.

Skeleton Mage and Skeleton Warrior

skeletons.jpg

These are an original creation that I made for the toy store. They are up for order here! :)

What was your inspiration Luke?

I'm assuming a lot of extra Moon Knight/Armored Daredevil sets...

:thumbsup:

It started out as just a set for myself, and then I saw how many sets I had in my store inventory...

The inspiration for the characters was simply me wanting to see more fantasy-related minimates, and I have more planned for the near future. :)

those are sweet i may have to get a set of those 2 for sure

• 3 weeks later...

After working on him off and on for months, Galactus is finally finished!

galactus1.jpg

Here is a comparison pic with the original Galactus:

galactus4.jpg

With the Surfer:

galactus2.jpg

Rear view:

galactus3.jpg

This has definitely been my most time-consuming minimate project ever, and it was a lot more work than I expected it to be. I will be posting a full write-up on his creation at the Factory in the next few days.

I also have a TON of new customs available in the store now. Consider this my own version of Toy Fair. :)

assassion_robots.jpg

Assassin Robots 2-Pack

mobsters2.jpg

Mob Goon and Mob Boss 2-Pack

news_crew.jpg

Reporter and Cameraman 2-Pack

security_guards.jpg

Security Guard 2-Pack

model_photo.jpg

Underwear Model and Photographer 2-Pack

obama-1.jpg

President Obama with podium

Let me know your thoughts on the civilian characters. Is this something you would like to see more of?

Damn Luke, couldn't you space out your announcements a bit? Overload!

I honestly thought the mass-produced Minimate Max Sentinel was about as perfect as we could expect. . .until I opened this thread. Thanks a lot. Now I might as well chunk mine in the trash :angry:

Your civilians here are very excellent. Mob boss looks like someone out of an 80s action film or Miami Vice, which is a good thing. I'll definitely have to pick up a Mini-Obama of my own :D

Keep cranking out the goodness, grand master customizer!

That Galactus is awesome! I am deeply impressed. The details on his head and his facial expression is spot on and the new color scheme, too! He blends in very well standing next to the new Surfer. Is it me or did you somehow enlarge his head a little? Great work!

The Assassin Robots remind me of your early customs using electric stuff like lightbulbs and cables. :P

That Galactus is awesome! I am deeply impressed. The details on his head and his facial expression is spot on and the new color scheme, too! He blends in very well standing next to the new Surfer. Is it me or did you somehow enlarge his head a little? Great work!

Thanks! Yes, I cut his head in half just below his eyes starting with a dremel tool and finished it with a fine-tooth handsaw. Then I used apoxie sculpt to fill in the area I cut and make his face area longer. I had to sculpt it in three stages, and it was all a huge pain in the butt. :)

Oh man, I can imagine that sucked a lot! But it turned out brilliant! A closer look reveals all your love for detail. I really love it. First I thought the new eyepatch thingy is just painted on, but it actually is sculpted. And you actually changed the pointed thing on his helmet to the round version. So cool, man, so cool! (Cappy, this is my first nomination for best costum 2010!)

Luke man this is fantastic! If the original release of Galactus had looked half as good as your re-do I would have been more inclined to keep him. The painstaking attention to detail is fantastic!! Great work man, keep it up!

Jeff of the Miniacs

I always look forward to your customs luke ,galactus is stunning and a vast improvment on the original , my favourite civilians have got to be the mob boss and goon (love the mullet on the guy with the case :) ) they would look great packed in a box with punsher and daredevil.

That is a VAST improvement over the original. I would have bought one if they had looked like that. If you managed some type of articulation, I will crap a brick.

BS

Well, that right arm is pointed in a different direction. :)

Looks great Luke. I'm particularly drawn to the Photographer/Model pair-up. :P

That is a VAST improvement over the original. I would have bought one if they had looked like that. If you managed some type of articulation, I will crap a brick.

BS

Well, that right arm is pointed in a different direction. :)

Yeah, that didn't escape my keen eye ;) I got very excited, then thought the more plausible explanation would be it was cut off, and glued into a new position. But I'm still holding out hope.

BS

BS

Luke, I've sent the $50 to ensure 'some sort of articulation'....Thankyou ;)

blacksun1520, I've sent the jar of vaseline & a suitable funnel . Please post pics of the brick.............unsoiled :sick:

Edit: Regards 'everything else'....... awesome!

Edited by buttheadsmate