UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

Would you make that Tutorial?

Yes, I will include that in a future update. :)

Well, it was a very productive weekend for customs. I came up with the idea for this set a few weeks ago, and I have been obsessing about it ever since. I just put the finishing touches on these this morning:

Dr. Doom Through The Ages

Doom_Set.jpg

Clockwise from the front: Secret Wars Doom, Unthinkable Doom, Gypsy Doom, and Doom 2099.

Secret Wars Doom shamelessly uses decals from DST's control art. His arms and legs are from the Villains set Doom, with the boots repainted. His hood is from the Spectre. Unthinkable Doom has a modified Doom cape, a Spectre hood, Star Trek ankle cuffs, and knee pads cut from some random piece of plastic. His face and chest are decals. Gypsy Doom also has face and chest decals. His cauldron is a repainted Spider-Man mask. Doom 2099 has a modified Bison cape, a Spectre hood, and chest and face decals. His spikes are cut from the tips of Green Arrow's quiver.

Gypsy Doom and Unthinkable Doom are based on their appearances in the Unthinkable story, which started in Fantastic Four #497 (or Vol. 3 #67 if you prefer). It is easily my favorite FF story from the last 10 years. If you haven't read it, you are missing out on a great Doom story!

Next up is the finished RE4 packaging:

RE4_front.jpg

RE_back.jpg

I should have another new packaged box set finished later this week! :)

Edited by luke314pi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the way you used the fonts from the two different game logos there, and the shot of Leon on the back is very cool. Doom 2099 is pretty great, as well. I like how he has the "dynamic" cape.

Another great delivery, Luke!

I just read Doom's origins a few days ago and your Gypsy Doom ("They murdered my mother... when I was but an infant!! And now they have slain my fahter!! They'll pay for that!! All mankind shall pay!!") is on spot! Really cool! I don't know Unthinkable Doom but he looks creepy. (That is an compliment, I guess... :P ) Doom 2099 looks great as well, that cape works brilliant. And thanks for Secret Wars Doom, glad we see what we'll miss. :blush:

And that new boxset is great, although I don't know any of those folks.

Grossartig!

Very nice set of Dooms! I'm very impressed with young gypsy Doom and the Secret Wars Doom.

I love it when people put together a unique box set, or when people present customs for characters that I didn't know I wanted until I saw them :)

Thanks guys!

Your customs look so professional that if you were to post these and pretend that you were DST, we would all get our hopes up...

I have actually considered doing this. :lol:

...and come hunt you down when we realized it was a hoax!

And this is why I didn't. :P

Is Unthinkable Doom the one that LeatherMan wore the getup of in the GLA miniseries?

They all look great BTW!

If I remember correctly, Unthinkable Doom's armor isn't leather in the traditional sense. Remember Valeria, Doom's childhood sweetheart...

Here is an image of the Unthinkable armor from the comics:

doom.jpg

When I was looking at reference material, Mike Wieringo seemed to draw the armor slightly different from issue to issue, so I combined what I thought were the best aspects.

Edited by luke314pi

Ho-le-shit!

Dammit I now officially want RE4 minimates.

Especially Salazar because killing him in the game wasn't nearly satisfying enough... Dammit I want to TORTURE that annoying little bastard! Horribly! Oh the evil I would imflict on a Salazar minimate...

"DIE YOU WORM!!!"

And Dr. Salvador looks too cool. BTW Luke, in case you didn't know, the Chainsaw Ganado is actually called Dr. Salvador. But to be honest, Chainsaw Ganado is probably how DST would name him.

Now seriously DST... RE4 Minimates. Here is one line where bad guys would probably sell better than good guys. Just make sure we get Saddler, Salazar, Leon, Ada, Ashley, and Salvador at least. Hell, make an Iron Maiden and the varient a Regenerator packaged with alike a Novistador or a regular Ganado.

And Dr. Salvador looks too cool. BTW Luke, in case you didn't know, the Chainsaw Ganado is actually called Dr. Salvador. But to be honest, Chainsaw Ganado is probably how DST would name him.

Ah, thank you. I couldn't remember his name, so I named him the same as the NECA action figure. And I agree, that RE4 (actually the entire RE series) would be a great license for DST to have. The characters are very eye-catching and memorable. And who doesn't like zombies? :D

And who doesn't like zombies? :D

The guys getting eaten by them.

badumbump

But yeah, at least RE4. The zombies in RE4 just looked so cool... And they spoke freaking Spanish! I could understand most of what they were saying. (seems that spanish class did teach something) So much fun to be able to do that. Plus those guys from the castle, the priests, easily the creepiest sounding villains in a long time. "Alli esta... MATALO!!!" [cue catapults] So cool...

And who doesn't like zombies? :D

The guys getting eaten by them.

badumbump

But yeah, at least RE4. The zombies in RE4 just looked so cool... And they spoke freaking Spanish! I could understand most of what they were saying. (seems that spanish class did teach something) So much fun to be able to do that. Plus those guys from the castle, the priests, easily the creepiest sounding villains in a long time. "Alli esta... MATALO!!!" [cue catapults] So cool...

trust me,you dont want to know what there saying,its pretty hatefull :P

Strange, because "matalo" sort of means something else entirely in Tagalog... ;)

Really now? PM me with this. It sounds interesting yet not board-appropriate.

For those who don't know: "Alli Esta... MATALO!" is spanish for "There he is... KILL HIM!"

Really now? PM me with this. It sounds interesting yet not board-appropriate.

Actually, "matalo" in Tagalog is

sort of the future-perfect (or something) tense for the verb "lose", and doesn't make any sense at all when used on its own. (Imagine someone randomly shouting "DEFEAT!" at someone else.) It's really not dirty at all... still vaguely arrogant and battlecry-ish (use it in a proper sentence and it can loosely translate to either "You're gonna lose" or "I'm gonna beat you" or somesuch depending on the usage), but nothing offensive

Thus concludes the "educational" portion of this post. :blink: