UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Luke makes a Bill Clinton Minimate, any chance we'll see a saxophone accessory?

if there is a clinton mate, then i demand a mini nervous dress blues mate to be there saluting him ;)

At first glance, I just saw "Clinton," "blue" and "dress," and was ready to post this:

worf.gif

Anyway, after the response tonight, I don't think anyone will be making a Bobby Jindal Minimate anytime soon :D

Oh, crazy Louisiana politicians. How will you embarrass the rest of us next?

• 2 weeks later...

I have had an extra Mirror, Mirror set sitting around since it came out, so I finally decided to make a few quick customs to finish off the main crew:

mirror.jpg

Scotty uses Sulu's body. I didn't have an extra Scotty head, so I designed a new decal with a different facial expression for him. For McCoy, I turned Spock's body around, and drew a new chest on with a sharpie. I painted over the existing tampo on his back. The head is from Sick Bay McCoy, except I used Goof-Off to wipe off his mouth and I gave him a new mouth with a sharpie. Kirk is just there to give orders, like usual. :P

I have had an extra Mirror, Mirror set sitting around since it came out, so I finally decided to make a few quick customs to finish off the main crew:

mirror.jpg

Scotty uses Sulu's body. I didn't have an extra Scotty head, so I designed a new decal with a different facial expression for him. For McCoy, I turned Spock's body around, and drew a new chest on with a sharpie. I painted over the existing tampo on his back. The head is from Sick Bay McCoy, except I used Goof-Off to wipe off his mouth and I gave him a new mouth with a sharpie. Kirk is just there to give orders, like usual. :P

Hey all,

Great customs. It's good to see some Star Trek customs on this board. One of these days I'll have to show my 20 or so Star Trek customs (so far.)

Take care,

Matty-lad

• 3 weeks later...

I have recently got back into watching classic Dr. Who episodes after being away from it for a few years. I think the huge variety of characters would make some amazing minimates, with seemingly at least one new and interesting character every episode. In between commission orders, I made two sets of four minimates for myself from my favorite two doctors, the 3rd doctor John Pertwee, and the 4th doctor Tom Baker. I have been waiting to show these off until I finished them all, so I could arrange them DST-style:

3rd Doctor Set:

3rd_Doctor_Set.jpg

Clockwise from bottom with recipes (click to view individual minimate pictures):

The Doctor (Decals for face and chest, modified CEO Stark hair and coat)

Silurian (Modified Ocean Master mask, big chest piece, no decals)

Cyberman (Decal for face, modified Wasp chest piece, helmet assembled from spare parts)

The Master (Decal for face, Frank Castle hair, Jigsaw suit extension)

4th Doctor Set (updated with revised Tom Baker):

4th_Doctor_Set.jpg

Clockwise from bottom with recipes (click to view individual minimate pictures):

The Doctor (Hair and scarf from FAFDM set, face and chest are decals)

The Master (Face is decal, hood from Cloak, modified Rocky robe)

Robot (2.5" minimate, modified STRIPE chest and boots, lego hands)

Sontaran (Repainted Spidey mask, apoxie sculpted collar, Bucky boots)

These are the characters that have been in recent episodes I have watched. I will be making more characters as I watch more episodes, and I will be expanding into the other Doctors too. I won't be doing any companions right away, as they would basically be civilian minimates. I think the wide variety of monsters, robots, and aliens are much more interesting to look at.

I will be posting decals for the characters that used them on the Factory in a future update. Let me know what you think! :)

EDIT: Tom Baker updated with new hair sculpt!

Edited by luke314pi

Since I don't know the whole Dr. Who thing, I can't really comment on how accurat they are. But they look awesome! I just googled that Tom Baker Doctor just out of interest and your work is astonishing! The use and combination of parts is just great! Very nice job, Luke! I am impressed. Once more.

Oh my...

After looking at these, it kills me that we're not getting official Dr. Who Minimates. Your Doctors and Master are perfect - great job on the faces and outfits, especially the scarf. But my favorite is the Cyberman - the head and details are flawless.

Great job! Any chance for a Dalek up next? :)

Great job! Any chance for a Dalek up next? :)

Thanks!

I ordered one of these Daleks about a week ago (at half the price of this one!) so I am going to see how that works first. It is 2.5", which might make it a bit too large, but maybe I will be able to reduce the height somehow.

Edited by luke314pi

Thanks for all the comments!

I thought of a few other things I forgot to mention earlier:

1. I wasn't sure whether to give Tom Baker a smiling or serious expression. I finally decided on smiling, but I will be making a serious one later with his gray coat and hat.

2. I tried a normal minimate head on the Cyberman, but it looked too small, so I revised the decal to fit onto a painted Spidey mask, and the proportions looked much better.

3. Similarly, I also tried a normal torso on the Silurian, since they aren't huge aliens, but the Abomination chest piece looked better because of the neck folds and the spikes in back.

4. I have a ton of extra Cybermen decals. If anyone wants to try making their own, just send me a PM and I will send you some.

I'm not that familiar with Doctor Who, but if DST made a set of those, I would pick them up in a heart beat

I agree completely (also don't know much about Dr. Who), but could say the same for just about any of Luke's customs that I've seen.

Luke, the Jon Pertwee and Roger Delgado are perfect. Absolutely perfect! Cyberman is awesome... Robot is awesome...

But... Tom Baker is only almost there. It's close but not quite. I think it's something about the hair, it's a bit too short, and maybe the eyes, Tom's the kind of guy who'd always had crows feet around the eyes. Those minor criticisms aside I have to echo BHM. I could cry genuine tears at both the quality of these customs, and the lack of official Who 'mates.

I hate that I barely get time to check the customs section. :(