UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Minimate Factory: Updated May 5th

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was browsing on where to get the stuff and noticed one person offering free shipping and they have several available. Anyone ever bought any on here from this seller or can maybe suggest a particular brand for decals?

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksi...-All-Categories

Luke, have you ever used clear mailing labels? I have some at work and was wondering what you or anyones' experience with those have been...Thanks for posting the sheets!

Edited by Fo Shizzle

Fo, those ebay prices seem like a good deal to me. I just used my last sheet, so I was looking at different places online, and I couldn't beat those prices after you add shipping. I'm not sure which brand the ones I have been using are, as they were a gift. So I couldn't tell you which brand to get. But I would think that they would all function about the same.

Edited by luke314pi

Great video the bit with the joker made me smile.I am surprised that you actually flesh coloured the decal I thought I would have been easier to use a clear design and use the existing minimate flesh tone show through.

I have tried that before, and then you don't get the white of the eyes unless you have a special printer than can print white ink. In theory you could paint two white dots on a minimate head, and wrap the clear decal so that the eyes fall on the white spots, but you would probably go through 50 decals before you got it just perfect. Doing that with a chest piece would be much easier though.

Update 12/04/08:

Face Decal Video

Luke, when I used to build models and had to apply awkwardly shaped decals, I would gently brush the air bubbles with a clean damp paint brush towards the edges after putting it where you want it and that usually worked better for me than pressing on it since I have freakishly huge hands and always moved or tore the decal...have you ever tried that? Awesome video btw!!

Edited by Fo Shizzle

Update 12/04/08:

Face Decal Video

Luke, when I used to build models and had to apply awkwardly shaped decals, I would gently brush the air bubbles with a clean damp paint brush towards the edges after putting it where you want it and that usually worked better for me than pressing on it since I have freakishly huge hands and always moved or tore the decal...have you ever tried that? Awesome video btw!!

Ah, that has been my problem. I have been using a dry brush to do that. I will try a damp one. Thanks!

...BrickLink is a place for people to buy and sell lego parts. I got 300 of the tiles above for 9¢ each...

Um... what are these tiles called? I wanna get some...

Click on buy parts, then on Tiles (Modified). These ones will be almost at the bottom of the first page. The picture shows a white one, but once you click on it you can choose any color you want.

...BrickLink is a place for people to buy and sell lego parts. I got 300 of the tiles above for 9¢ each...

Um... what are these tiles called? I wanna get some...

Click on buy parts, then on Tiles (Modified). These ones will be almost at the bottom of the first page. The picture shows a white one, but once you click on it you can choose any color you want.

Hehe...i clicked on it. I don't know why, but i feel the slightest temptation to buy the only "light slmon" one. Unusual Brick+Unusual Color+1 Left=Mine ;)

Love the site, Luke; keep up the good work!! :)