UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

cornerstore comics

That sucks. I try to avoid pre-orders altogether when possible for this reason. You never know if a given e-tailer is going to get their stock in on time or not. However, I make an exception for BBTS. There, you don't get penalized for canceling pre-orders if you find what you are looking for somewhere else sooner, or for a better price. So, I place pre-orders there all the time, if I think there is a remote chance that I will want something, and decide if I will cancel it or not later. And even if it comes in stock, you can cancel and keep all your money as store credit.

Unless I'm mistaken, Cornerstore charges a fee for canceled pre-orders.

I've pre-ordered a couple of times. Didn't have any problems. They ship UPS(7-10 days-I think they're on the west coast). Remember 7-10 days with UPS is Mon.-Fri. only, so Sat. & Sun. don't count. Plus they have to fill pre-orders, they might have run out of stock before they got to you. Hope you get them soon.

Both these sets are also currently unavailable from AFX according to their web-site, actually most 'mates items displayed at AFX are 'Pre-order this item today'. So 'snail trails' are not just a Cornerstore trait although BBTS seem to be the promptest lately.

It is strange that so many vendors don't seem to have these in yet. Scifigenre has them, but they only sell them by the pack for jacked up prices.

In case anyone else was curious about the status of their preorders with CSC, here is the response I got today:

RE: Iron Man movie minimates

On their way now. Should be here shortly

We ordered custom cases, and they got held up in Customs last week.

Thanks!

Thomas

CornerStoreComics

So this means we will probably get them some time next week...

BS

Edited by blacksun1520

I'm getting tired of this Shit, unless they come through and "make this right" for all of us who preordered i will not be ordering from them again its not worth the couple of dollars saved over other retailers that had the items in weeks ago. -M

Edited by Mattallica

Just got confirmation that my IM mates from AFX shipped today... and they get 'special cases' too so It looks like those were delayed.

T.

Im still waiting on the Hulk wave as well, weren't those out like a month ago? :angry:

My guess, probably on the same boat, so will ship at the same time. Shipping delays for that sort of freight happen people, it's not AFX, CSC's or even DST's fault!

I haven't ordered Hulk mates as am currently broke ( I only ordered one set of IM mates for pete's sakes! )

But to give this perspective... So you paid less and got the variant or you could have gone to local store and paid more and missed the variant or paid twice as much for it.... worth the week or two's wait in my eye's.

T.

Unfortunately IMO there isn't an on-line retailer who has their 'finger on the pulse' when it comes to Minimates. By now I have probably dealt with them all & whilst none can be considered dreadful there really isn't a consistent player. CSC ,used to be my star performer but they stock 'some' stuff & ship 'whenever'. BBTS are fine if you are an 'opener' but probably consider the term MIB to mean 'mashed in box'. Sci-Fi Genre is the site where you can order what you like & then patiently wait for the "Sorry out of stock" email. Stuckakid,to me, is an unknown quantity who ,I believe, is highly regarded but for me it is AFX that almost gets the thumbs up! Their shipping charges are legend,lately their inventory sucks but ,alas ,despite their faults, they are my #1.

Unfortunately IMO there isn't an on-line retailer who has their 'finger on the pulse' when it comes to Minimates. By now I have probably dealt with them all & whilst none can be considered dreadful there really isn't a consistent player. CSC ,used to be my star performer but they stock 'some' stuff & ship 'whenever'. BBTS are fine if you are an 'opener' but probably consider the term MIB to mean 'mashed in box'. Sci-Fi Genre is the site where you can order what you like & then patiently wait for the "Sorry out of stock" email. Stuckakid,to me, is an unknown quantity who ,I believe, is highly regarded but for me it is AFX that almost gets the thumbs up! Their shipping charges are legend,lately their inventory sucks but ,alas ,despite their faults, they are my #1.

Stuckakid are excellent, BHM. They've been brilliant with me. Helpful, friendly, always respond to queries and do their best to keep shipping costs down as well. They're good guys.

Stuckakid are excellent, BHM. They've been brilliant with me. Helpful, friendly, always respond to queries and do their best to keep shipping costs down as well. They're good guys.

you're right Rad, Stuckakid is great and i order from them as much as possible but i missed out on the variants and had to try someplace else this time. <_<

you're right Rad, Stuckakid is great and i order from them as much as possible but i missed out on the variants and had to try someplace else this time. <_<

Bummer!

Do you subscribe to Stuckakid's newsletter? Always an idea to pop in at least once a week too. Just to check out what's available for pre-order.