UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TENIME_art's Customs

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back!

Out of all the coolness displayed above (and there is alot of coolness!), I have always felt the most awesome showpieces of all are your Transformers. I would give the pinky toe from my left foot for a set of those.

I love the new stuff!

Love your custom work, the Transformers are fantastic! I'd like to see a Galvatron, Cyclonus and Wreck-Gar someday.

I absolutely love your Jim Lee X-men, I've been wanting to try customs like those but just haven't got round to doing them, plus finding minimates is quite difficult in the UK so trying to get spares is tricky.

In the future I'll try an X-Men custom and probably start with Jubilee.

Thanks, again, guys!

I should do Galvatron & Cyclonus, since I have Scourge...but I also want to do Skywarp, Thundercracker & the Coneheads, too. Starscream was just such a pain in the butt...you should've seen my scrapped Devestator idea... ;)

I've been trying different things to lessen the amount of time I have to spend on a single custom, lessen the amount of supplies I have to buy, while trying to get them to look more "factory-produced" at the same time...if I can perfect a method, I may even replace some of my old customs (like the Transformers & the Jim Lee X-Men)...

Gave Doc Ock the Superhero Squad's tentacles:

Semi-business/casual Bruce Wayne:

A little more Classic Chameleon:

A little more "Punisher-like" to me:

Those crated "build-a-diorama" figures gave Mr. Ketch a nice ride:

And, Forge:

Not sure on the beads, though...

(pics in first post)

Edited by TENIME_art

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, man!

So, like, a week before we found out we were getting a Red Hulk, I was piecing together a custom (red plastic pieces, to limit painting).

Now, I'm excited as all get out that we're getting an official one, but I'm a little worried about his face. See, what made me fall in love with the character, what made me pass on the Marvel Select figure, and what's driving me crazy trying to build the Marvel Legend, was Ed McGuinness' art.

Now, I know alot of people hate his stuff, the way all my other favorite artists are hated by the fandom, yet they seem to get more work, the more people who hate them. Funny.

Anyways, I love his cartoony style, and had found a darn good face to use from an existing 'Mate, that seemed to capture his Rulk rendering best.

So, this is kinda pointless to share, but I figure, worst-case, I do what I had planned to do (label), only do it on the back of the official head, so I at least have an option to choose...

("Evil" Akuma's)

Now, the only pics I could find online, he's not smiling in any of them, but he does in the first 6 issues (I haven't read #7 yet), and it totally looked like that Akuma head that inspired me so.

who_is_the_red_hulk__by_skage.jpg

(What I'll do, though, is print up the face without the red, so it can match the plastic on DST's...)

Edited by TENIME_art

Please!! That's kinda why I uploaded it: to share!

:D

Just finished this a few minutes ago:

loosecollector's design, with a Gwen Stacy head & the Ultimate Jean Grey piece I've been saving since she came out solely for this custom!! Better late than never, right?

Renee Montoya (GCPD):

Still trying to procure blue suit Xavier for The (male) Question... :unsure:

Jimmy Olsen:

Got the idea watching the Jimmy Retrospective on the Smallville Season 7 DVD! Granted, the sleeves don't match the shirt on the torso, but until I can attempt to fix that, I think it works...Marty McFly + Adrian torso + Flash hair.

Can't remember who came up with the idea, but it was a long, long time ago:

And, another tough-as-nails movie "John":

God Magnus' recipe, with a little touch of my own (the feet)!

Lazy, lazy, lazy, I know. I want more "playable" customs, which is why I've been doing more part-swapping than painting... :unsure:

Finished off my Teen Titans because of it:

(She-Hulk's torso turned around...)

So...yeah.

I'll get back to actual customs and my Photoshopped backgrounds eventually... :unsure:

Edited by TENIME_art