TENIME_art's Customs

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

Domino gets a third hairpiece:

(it's Powergirl's repainted, not Goth Girl's...)

She had a pistol in her hip holster, but I didn't notice it was missing until I got home from work, and found the gun lying on my bed. :lol:

From the TV show, "Supernatural", Sam & Dean Winchester:

I just started it. I have 2 discs left in the first season, and boxed sets of 2-4 waiting for me to watch. I love this show!

Edited by TENIME_art

Love the Sam and Dean minimates. Supernatural is my favorite show on TV. Have you been watching the past few seasons, or is your season 1 dvd set your first time watching the show? Season one isn't bad, but wait till you get to season three and beyond. The show just gets better and better!

Season 1 is my first experience with the show.

:blush:

Obviously, I kinda like it... :lol:

My friend (whose favorite show it is) told me "wait for Season 4", which I cannot. :)

seriously it is one of 3 shows I watch and it is first on that list....it is by far my favourite show on TV these days...even the 'filler' episodes are awesome, just you wait!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Season 1 is my first experience with the show.

:blush:

Obviously, I kinda like it... :lol:

My friend (whose favorite show it is) told me "wait for Season 4", which I cannot. :)

seriously it is one of 3 shows I watch and it is first on that list....it is by far my favourite show on TV these days...even the 'filler' episodes are awesome, just you wait!

Jeff of the Miniacs

I find the "filler" comedic episodes awesome. Dean is such a dick all the time. He remids me a bit of myself lol. I hope the show keeps on going. I know there was talk a while back of season four being the last season. Glad that wasn't the case.

• 4 months later...

I'm all caught up on Supernatural, so let the spoilers fly!! Well...put them in the black Spoiler bars, so as not to ruin it for anyone else, lol...

Redid Superboy:

Yes, I know the thigh band is on the wrong leg. I painted it over the line on Daredevil's leg, to get it straight & even.

FINALLY fulfilled my dream of doing the Iron Man Captain America Armor:

It was worth the wait, and I'm glad I never got another first movie Mark II. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!! ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/13 EDIT:

Boston Brand: White Lantern

Totally copied off of bobafett's. Thanks for the inspiration! Don't know what face or hairpiece I used, though. I just grabbed them out of my accessories bin. It's not the Kyle Reese parts he used. I know the trenchcoat/arms are Multiple Man, though! I know that much! :lol:

Edited by TENIME_art

• 4 weeks later...

Edward Norton! That's it! I put a Skrull head on his body, so that's why his noggin was floatin' around my bin! Thanks!

8/4 UPDATE:

Had Luke print me up some vinyl stickers of some of my decals to see how they were, and they're great!!

Kyle Rayner was one of my first custom Minimates, but one that I always wanted to redo after my painting skills improved and I learned the joy of how professionally made decals make customs look, and especially when DC 'Mates died...*sigh*

OLD:

NEW:

I'm so much happier with him now! :)

Look how well he blends!!

Livewire!!

The translucent blue cast of Demitri's hair is care of TBT! (thank you again, sir!). To be completely done, I need some of those rolled up sleeve cuffs, and paint them to match her gloves. This looks better on my shelf than no face or torso, though, lol...

Edited by TENIME_art

great work TENIME, love em. Kyle was my very first custom, and i've been considering an update, when I first saw your decals go up on the factory, I knew I'd be using them. These look so professional, top marks

Thanks again, guys. Yeah, Timbo did a great job on the hair. And, if it's not obvious to everyone, her design is from the Animated Series. And, it's kinda hard to make out, but her pupils aren't just a blue circle, they're a gradient glow.

And, actually, I kinda struggled with Kyle's mask at first, because I wanted it detailed, but I didn't want to go overboard. I wanted to keep the simplicity of the Minimate design. I wanted him to blend in. Which, I think he does.

To anyone interested in decals, I'll be doing the following Green Lanterns soon:

Soranik Natu

Iolande

Stel

"Green Man"

Vath Sarn

Isamot Kol (torso only, as I want to alter a Battle Beasts head for him)

Sodam Yat (Ion)

Arisia

Brik

Boodikka (haven't decided if I want to do normal or Alpha Lantern yet)

Ganthet, Sayd, Scar, etc.

I also want to do as many of each of the remaining colored Corps. as I can, starting with some Sinestro Corps. and working my way around the rainbow, lol.

I really want to get into casting so I don't have to worry about tracking down hard to find parts to use/paint/alter (like the Battle Beast head), do some translucent casts for constructs for all the Corps. (especially Orange, since that's all they are, lol), and I want to make Salaak smaller (hydro-shrink). He shouldn't be bigger than Kilowog, lol.

I don't know how possible it'd be, or if you'd even be interested, Shamrock, but if there was a way to cast your phenomenal sculpts (Larfleeze, Warth, etc.), I'd love to try! (PM me! :))

Great job on the Kyle revamp :D. Really like the re-done mask.

I also want to do as many of each of the remaining colored Corps. as I can, starting with some Sinestro Corps. and working my way around the rainbow, lol.

Have you thought about doing generic, "army builder" style decals? I'd love to turn some of the minimates in my scrap box into members of the various corps.

I had to be a little more careful, as there wasn't any ability to slide it around, but there's no water involved, I don't have to wait for the decal to set before handling it, and it feels more "factory made" in being that it's less fragile, more handle-able.

If they make a clear, I may never use another waterslide again!! :)

8/7 - Minor changes:

The GB Mayor let me upgrade my Lex Luthor & Agent Zero (with a contribution from 24's George Mason):

Using my Agent Brand chest decal (printed on the polyester film, thank you again, Luke). She just needs her glasses, now...

Maria Hill:

Opaque Vision (care of Hydra soldier):

Red Eyes War Machine:

X-Force Wolverine with silver claws (finally!), and arms & face care of the TRU Battle-Damaged tiger-stripe:

Red Skull is now an official Nazi:

The Swastika was impossible to do, and ended up looking like a pinwheel, instead of four backwards "L"s. But, whatever, it works for me.

Edited by TENIME_art