UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG Series 5 & 6 at Big Bad Toy Store!!!

Oh man, i'm a way for a couple of days and i miss all this.

Fantastic line-up. Love 'em all, especially the D'anna that actually looks like her.

:)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rad , I felt compelled to write that prologue before I say that your words ...'quality Science Fiction TV' are the words of a kindred spirit :ohmy::D I am so British it hurts but how I wish sometimes that we could produce something like this.

Well, the British did create Dr. Who, so that's one good sci-fi show.

They also created Torchwood though :tongue: I keeeeeed!

I guess I also can add some other snark back at our English cousins: You guys got to see the first season of BSG WELL before we did (partially because Sky One funded it and made it happen). As well, the unaired episodes of a lot of canceled series aired over there well before they hit American shores on DVD (Firefly comes to mind).

I'm Psyched for the two new lines, I am kinda disapointed in some parts of it; I think the Tory looks a bit bland among some other things.

I can KINDA see the green dress uniform, it might just be a color match/bad photo issue. When you look at the dress uniforms from the Pegasus crew for example, they are a greenish olive. I guess there could be an iconic scene in the last half of Season 4 where Hot Dog appears in a green/olive/whatever color dress uniform. I mean, I would assume that the Art Assylum people get spoiled in on this stuff as part of the planning that goes into making new lines and new selections.

Edit: Here's a good picture of the Pegasus crew in Olive Dress Uniforms from the BSG wiki:

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Image:Ca...essUniforms.jpg

Edited by TDSP

I was thinking that the Galactica crew also had the Grey-Green outfits for more formal occasions.

Here is Tigh in that out fit (also courtesy of Battlestar wiki):

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Image:Bsg-1-09.jpg

I cannot find a better, more green image. But it seems we have seen Hot Dog's uniform.

I was thinking that the Galactica crew also had the Grey-Green outfits for more formal occasions.

Here is Tigh in that out fit (also courtesy of Battlestar wiki):

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Image:Bsg-1-09.jpg

I cannot find a better, more green image. But it seems we have seen Hot Dog's uniform.

Damn thats one bad picure of Ellen!

Heh...i was going to say the same thing about Ellen. :)

Of course; i like the dress better than the sweater. <_< But sweaters are a change of pace for "casual" characters, so... :blush:

The more I think about it, the more I really do wish they would put out one final set to wrap things up, even if it is a boxed set. I know that the producers said it would be a 3 hour or more finale, so that might serve as a perfect excuse to do one last boxed set with those exclusive characters (assuming Hot Dog isn't from that ep).

My fantasy wishlist for a final run includes things like a "sick" Rosalyn and the Priest Lady, Billy and a Casual Dualla, and a few other pilots in or out of uniform.

• 1 month later...

This is indeed a downer... Unlike many here, I'm not big into the comics and really like the mates that are based on ST, BSG and some of the other, live action stuff (Platoon, Clint Eastwood, BTTF, SoTL, 24 etc).

Sadly, DST has done little in the way of bringing more of those licenses to market recently and now seems to be killing one of the coolest licenses (for minimates) they had in that area.

Worse yet, with BSG minimates going by the board, the only love they are giving BSG is the 7" figures which are horribly sculpted and don't really do the characters justice.

It seems that minimates may be returning to their comic book roots, but to tell you the truth, I'm gonna rowlf if I see any more Spiderman, Ironman or Wolverine mates. I guess originality doesn't sell as well as the same 4 comic book characters.

Bad News sports fans.... no reply to the e-mail, but the preorders for all the BSG stuff (New Caprica, Wave 5 & Wave 6) all disappeared from DST's site this afternoon.

Wha-huh?!? It is far too many months until April for shenanigans, this had better be a tasteless-joke. We absolutely need these waves to even come close to resolving this line (Hell, I was optimistic about a Wave 7, 8, and at least another boxset as well as possibly Mini-flyers as a "swan-song"!). We really need some answers quickly. The thought of this is nearly as sickening as the DC debacle. :(

It has to be a bad joke, I mean I was looking forward to these upcoming sets more than any!

With the lack of news about any new Star Trek waves and now this... it really bums me out!-these are 2 of my favorite lines.

With the way they cancel out announced waves, it makes me feel like selling off all my mates and start collecting something else! :sick:

Edited by mav-man

It has to be a bad joke, I mean I was looking forward to these upcoming sets more than any!

With the lack of news about any new Star Trek waves and now this... it really bums me out!-these are 2 of my favorite lines.

It makes me feel like selling off all my mates and start collecting something else! :sick:

I know what you mean - I got into collecting 'mates becasue of the BSG license.

But, it's not the first time DST has teased us with cool product and then dumped it. Can anyone say mini-flyers... or 24 season 3, or Rocky 3 or Ghost Rider.... you get the picture. I doubt it'll be the last time either

Edited by captain_cbecker

Maybe they had to take them down to wait for some licensing or likeness approval. They had to do that with the Boomer / D'Anna two-pack of action figures. Those did get cancelled, but I think things will turn out different for the BSG minimates.

Maybe they had to take them down to wait for some licensing or likeness approval. They had to do that with the Boomer / D'Anna two-pack of action figures. Those did get cancelled, but I think things will turn out different for the BSG minimates.

I really hope your right!

I hope it's something that easy - I'd even be happy if they re-hashed the waves into a single wave and maybe a 2-pack or box set that includes all the final cylons. I could live without the new versions of Balter or Six and perhaps a few others.

If they ultimately say that they were cancelled because there was no interest, I'd have to reply that this was poorly timed, like other licenses, so that the presells were silently being pitched while the show was in hibernation (like the last 24 series) and enthusiasm for the product was likewise hibernating.

I personally have a hunch that these may well appear at TRU in a different guise. It is inconceivable that the TV shows imminent conclusion will not coincide with an eventual Twelfth Cylon being offered as part of a Minimate Box-set /Wave.

The pre-orders being cancelled would tie-in with my theory that these may only be offered at TRU. The recent TRU Marvel Wave was obviously no failure & probably a huge success from the evidence I've read on this forum . I wouldn't give up on BSG yet or ST for that matter. :)

I finally got to read the recent issue of Toyfare - according to them, DST is hooking up TRU with some BSG figures (7"), including exclusives and other stuff. Let's hope that TRU's enthusiasm for Battlestar Galactica extends to these "lost" waves of 'mates.

Otherwise 2009 is gonna be pretty disappointing.