UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

star trek 2009

winkerbean

i just thought i'd start a thread for next years star trek film as it's getting closer

here's a link with some pretty cool pics

http://www.awesometer.com/2008/10/new-star...-and-spock.html

still can't make up my mind about this though, the bridge looks really strange!!

Edited by winkerbean

First pics I have seen of this.

Syler/Spock looks a perfect fit and I can actually see Simon Pegg as Scotty.

The other actors I dont have a clue on the only other one I recognise is the dude from Harold and Kumar and I wasn't a fan of that stuff as is.

First pics I have seen of this.

Syler/Spock looks a perfect fit and I can actually see Simon Pegg as Scotty.

The other actors I dont have a clue on the only other one I recognise is the dude from Harold and Kumar and I wasn't a fan of that stuff as is.

I know of Bones from his work in the Lord of the Rings films and the Bourne Supremacy.

Edited by karamazov80

Very excited for this. The only thing that throws me is the pic of the bridge. I can't figure out if Kirk's chair is still in the center, as from this angle, it looks like Uhura's station is in the center. Weird! Also, the style of the tech is like an Apple fanboy's wet dream - even more so than the space station from Wall-E!

Wow... When I first saw Karl Urban asDr. McCoy I thought "What the hell? Eomer? That makes no sense." Then seeing those pictures I could see him in the part. The one that looks off to me is Kirk. I think it's the hair. And Chekov looks like he's on something. But Bones, Spock, and Scotty look the part. Especially Spock. It's going tobe weird seeing Sylar being the uber-logical Spock though, but I KNOW he can pull it off. I don't think he can I KNOW he can.

• 1 month later...
Uh... is that Chris Pine as Captain Kirk...?!

Yep. I'm not a big Trek fan at all & was very skeptical of this movie at first.

But then I saw that Simon Pegg is playing Scotty & John Cho is Mr. Sulu -- I lovelovelove Hot Fuzz (& was a big fan of Cho's show Off Centre, before it was cancelled).

Now I'm going to see it in the theaters when it comes out.

Looks like lots of action! Wish we could see more of Bones there, though.

Dammit, Jim!! I'm a doctor, not a forklift!! :tongue:

I think the trailer looks fantastic! I am getting more excited about this. Some other people on other boards have been complaining say Spock appears to emotional in the trailer. But that doesn't bother me because he is very young still in this Trek movie and he is half human. Being emotionless is something these Vulcans work on. :D

• 2 weeks later...
I don't get why Abrams thought it was essential to put him, specifically in this movie. What about. . .the other one?

The Shat? Well, they tried, but his cameo seemed too akward. Plus, Kirk is dead. Spock is alive. The rest of the cast of Star Trek is either dead or less important than Spock. So it's Spock.