UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Glantern's Customs

Glantern

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks once again for the comments guys.

Still on the Watchmen front I have one more custom to show you guys--

SILOHUETTE:

post-2133-1239827945_thumb.jpg

And now for the next part of my instalment which I like to call "Sidekicks"

BUCKY:

The original was good, but I was never crazy about the head. Bucky should be in his early teens, and the 'mate looked about 30, so I did a quick swap for a robin head with Spidey 3 Peter Parker hair.

post-2133-1239827951_thumb.jpg

TORO:

With Union Jack released, Toro's absense from my Invaders line-up was even more aparent, so here he is.

post-2133-1239827956_thumb.jpg

RICK JONES:

Based on his appearances in the 70s and 80s, when he was hanging with Captain Marvel. Hint hint DST.

post-2133-1239827962_thumb.jpg

MARVIN & WENDY:

Not sure why these guys got made, but they fit the theme, and I do think the deserve more justice than was given them in the pages of Teen Titans. Here they are in happier times

post-2133-1239827978_thumb.jpg

And last in this update, I was going through my collection, and I found these QCs I thought I would show off.

BRUCE BANNER:

post-2133-1239827991_thumb.jpg

QUESTION:

post-2133-1239827998_thumb.jpg

Also, I'd like to let everyone know that 90% of the images in this thread have been updated so that you can get a better impression of my stuff, as well as all images of customs that have been refined since first posting being omitted. Thanks for looking, and remember: Comment's are very appreciated.

Edited by Glantern

I need to know what parts did you use for toro cause i was just thinkin the same about my invaders, You did a awesome job on him.

Glad to know you like him

Head-BTTF Part 2 Marty

Hair- Ironman Movie Mark I

Torso- SM3 Transformation Spiderman

Arms/ Hands- cann be any flesh colored arms and hands

Legs/pelvis/feet- I used Wonder Woman, but since they were mostly repainted, It could be from anyone

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. sorry bout the lack of updates. Busy life lately. Actually had most of today's customs done for a while, just hadn't gotten around to getting the pics taken. but regardless, here's what I've been working on for the last few weeks.

GAMBIT:

Everyone's been making one of these. Figured I needed one to go with my other wolvie moive mates. Got this idea from Twisted Two Face, but I chose a different head, as I wanted him to have reddish eyes.

post-2133-1242416671_thumb.jpg

HAWKEYE:

This guy was just in desperate need of an update. Don't know why it took me so long to get around to fixing him

post-2133-1242416689_thumb.jpg

MORPH:

This guy's been sitting around finished for over a month now, just waiting to post him with other stuff

post-2133-1242416699_thumb.jpg

And now, for the main part of this update...

THE CHALLENGERS OF THE UNKNOWN:

Ace, Prof, Rocky, June, and Red. These five have been in the works for a while, but I had to wait to get mor peices before I could finish them. Based on their appearance in DC: NEW FRONTIER

post-2133-1242416707_thumb.jpg

Ok, that's it for this update. Remember, comments are greatly appreciated, so let me know what you guys think

• 1 month later...

Ok, been a while since my last update. I'll be doing something a little different for the next week. Rather than posting all my customs at once, I'm gonna do this sorta like how diamond did the avengers and SM3 waves. I'll be showing one pair of figures each day for the next four days, and on Friday, I'll show off the varient figure I came up with.

So without further ado, I present the first installment of ALIENS week!

ELLEN RIPLEY:

Sole survivor of the the star ship Nostromos, Ripley is awoken 57 years after the the events of Alien. She finds that the planet which held the eggs that brought the Alien onto her ship has been colonized. When transmisions with the colony are lost, she must go in with a team of marines to check the situation out.

post-2133-1245695022_thumb.jpg

BISHOP:

The resident "synthetic"(android) assigned to the mission, Bishop aids Ripley and the rest of the survivors in escaping

the planet and the alien hive that inhabits it.

post-2133-1245695036_thumb.jpg

Ok, that's all for today. Check back tomorrow for the next duo. And as always, comments are greatly appreciated

Luke: thanks! hope not to disappoint excitementwise

SErge: It's a great movie, and the marines are awesome. Hope you like today's update

Ok, now onto ALIENS week Day 2!

CORPORAL DWAYNE HICKS:

A squad leader of the investigating Colonial Marines. Hicks forms a close bond with Ripley during the mission on LV-426. Hicks is practically the movie's biggest protagonist, second only to Ripley.

post-2133-1245767279_thumb.jpg

CARTER J. BURKE:

A corporate lawyer for the Weyland-Yutani Corporation who meets with Ripley after she is awakened from cryogenic stasis. He accompanies Ripley and the Marines to LV-426 to oversee the company's interests in the mission. However, his and the company's interests quickly begin to not match the plans of the Marines.

post-2133-1245767292_thumb.jpg

and so ends the second installment. Thanks for looking! Check back tomorrow for the next pair. And as always, comments are greatly appreciated

Another nice pair. Are you making some aliens as well, or displaying the Kubricks Aliens with your customs?

For the time being, I'll just be displaying them with the kubricks, but I am working on how the aliens could be done, as I'd like to eventually have something a little more poseable than the kubricks

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, I was unable to complete the customs for today's installment of ALIENS week, so nothing today. However, I promise to have the pair finished by tomorrow, and on frday I will show the final pair as well as the variant. sorry for the inconvinience.

Wow - i'm WAY behind on your customs.

Morph is PERFECT! Let me know if he goes on ebay, becaue i would kill for that one!

And your Ripley is awesome - it really feels like a minimate of the character. The likeness is awesome.

Keep up the good work.

PS: All your work is great, but those two are my favourites from the recent batches!

Ok, sorry about the delay yesterday. Ran into some "family stuff" and wasn't able to do the final work on the 'mates.

Nessex: Thanks for the compliments. Glad you like Morph, unfortunately, that guy was for my personal collection, though if people are interested, I might make another.

Alright, onto ALIENS week day 3!

LIEUTENANT GORMAN

Gorman led the ill-fated mission to LV-426 until the first encounter with the aliens. As he was recruited by Burke, the marines do not take kindly to Gorman. He was inexperienced, having gone through 38 simulated drops, but only one previous combat drop. He is also slow to understand situations and often needs things explained to him. Gorman provided command and support to the marines when they first secured the abandoned colony, and when they explored the atmospheric processor.

post-2133-1245945564_thumb.jpg

PRIVATE VASQUEZ

Vasquez was a smartgunner on the Sulaco, partnered with Drake. Vasquez survived the hive and helped seal off the complex from the aliens. She fought, together with Drake, and killed many aliens during the first attack. She shows blatant disrespect for Gorman throughout the film, due to her belief that his inexperience got her friends killed.

post-2133-1245945571_thumb.jpg

Ok, that's today's installment. Check back tomorrow for both the final pair and the variant. Thanks for looking. As always, comments are appreciated

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Luke: unfortunately, I'm unable to find my aliens currently, so no pics with them. Will definitely post pics as soon as I find them.

And now for the final installment of ALIENS week!

The final pair:

HUDSON:

Private William Hudson was the squad's jokester and computer tech expert. He seemed arrogant and overconfident of his squad's firepower and abilities. However, he soon cracked under large amounts of stress after most of his Marine squad were taken during the Alien attack in the hive. Later on, he was able to pull himself together and regain his composure.

post-2133-1246042963_thumb.jpg

NEWT:

Rebecca "Newt" Jorden was the only survivor amongst the colonists of LV-426. She had been living in the air ducts within the compound and was discovered by the marines after they picked her up on the motion tracker. Newt bonded rather quickly with the marines and it was her strength of mind, for somebody so young, that helped to bring Hudson back from the brink of despair.

post-2133-1246042971_thumb.jpg

And the Variant:

FINAL BATTLE BISHOP:

following the explosion of LV-426, Bishop flies the survivors back to the Sulaco. However, unbeknownst to him, the alien Queen is also on board the ship. Ripley and Bishop first become aware of the queen's presense when the queen impales Bishop with her tail and rips him in half. However, fortunately for Bishop, being an android means the top half of him survives, and he is able to aid Ripley in getting the queen out of the ship.

post-2133-1246042980_thumb.jpg

And, some pics of the 'mates n action

post-2133-1246042987_thumb.jpg

"Your dogmeat!"

post-2133-1246042994_thumb.jpg

"You always were an @$$hole Gorman"

post-2133-1246043004_thumb.jpg

"Not bad for a human"

post-2133-1246043012_thumb.jpg

"I want you to show me everything"

post-2133-1246043017_thumb.jpg

Group Shot

And there it is. ALIENS week is complete. However, this week and this set of 'mates was quite an enjoyable, and I might even see about doing a second series. Hope you guys enjoyed these guys. Thanks for looking. Comments are apreciated.

I can't think of a better way to end this post than to say one thing:

"Game over man! Game over!"

Edited by Glantern

Amazing Job Glantern. My favorite is the Final Battle Bishop, you did a great job re-creating the tubing and such. ;)

Speaking of Final Battle Bishop, in the group shot, Burke's head is angled in a way where he's looking at Bishop with huge :blink: eyes. :P