UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Glantern's Customs

Glantern

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Addicting, aren't they? ;)

Extremely. I will definitely have more to post. I've been digging through all my drawers to see what broken devices I can find. Friend of mine gave me a remote, a web cam and a hard drive. Can't wait to crack into those

Very nice - especially love how you used the wires to detail his face.

Thanks. Thought the wires really helped complete the sound motif

So, for the name:

As for a name, I suggest Decibel.

As for a name, how about "Hi-Fi"?

"Feedback" :)

Jack Plug aka 'Feedback'.

Gotta say, all pretty neat suggestions. Like Feedback a lot though, especially with the alter ego buttheadsmate suggested. Guess I found a name. Thanks guys

Edited by Glantern

Yet another one of these. This one's built on a 2.5'' 'mate to set him apart a bit.

ESCAPEE:

post-2133-1278001785_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1278001790_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1278001797_thumb.jpg

And yes, I practically built the entire figure around the awesomeness of what his chest plate reads.

post-2133-1278001979_thumb.jpg

Have another in the works right now that I might see about posting when I get home later. Thanks for looking! Let me know what you think

thanks for the comments guys!

Finished up another one. Luke's right, these things are really addictive. this guy's my favorite so far. Another one I don't have a name for yet. He's got a usb/sound jack theme going on. Anybody got any suggestions?

post-2133-1278029558_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1278029567_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1278029581_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking! "Feedback" appreciated.

Edited by Glantern

He's Jumping Jack Flash who.....if my memory serves me well....... drives a Compac USB 32 Meg recovery vehicle.......

...with his Mother 'board in the boot (trunk U.S.)because it is less of a hard -drive & more PC when loaded....

Somebody un........

................. -plllllllllllllllllllllllllllluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggg.....

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :wacko:

Wonderful stuff Glantern.

Edited by buttheadsmate

What about: Jack Sound aka "USB"? :P

Hmm... not too bad

He's Jumping Jack Flash who.....if my memory serves me well....... drives a Compac USB 32 Meg recovery vehicle.......

...with his Mother 'board in the boot (trunk U.S.)because it is less of a hard -drive & more PC when loaded....

Somebody un........

................. -plllllllllllllllllllllllllllluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggg.....

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :wacko:

Wonderful stuff Glantern.

Oh dear....Thanks for the compliment

:D these all look really cool and their welcome adittions to the species......better watch out though once theres enough of us, robomates will take over the world :thumbsup:

Yeah, I've started to worry about the looks these guys are giving me

Ok, got another 'bot to show. I call him...

F1YBOY:

post-2133-1278111220_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1278111228_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1278111236_thumb.jpg

This is a joke that really only works when read though

Thanks for looking! "Feedback" is welcome

F1YB0Y is cool! I like those wings on his back. I can't see what it says on his left wing, though. Something gear?

Glad to hear you think he's cool. Im quite fond of him myself. That wing was made using a shift key so it reads: "Shift INTO GEAR"

so, weekend's given me more time to work on these, so today it's twice the roboty goodness. First up is...

A:

This guy's pretty special as he gave me a lot of trouble in assembly(I had a torso minus the arm/neck pegs I needed to do something with) so he was given the moniker of A after the key that led to the replacement of my old key board.

post-2133-1278202494_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1278202501_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1278202506_thumb.jpg

Next is a bot I like to call...

THE END:

Far from the end of these customs mind you, but I thought it worked.

post-2133-1278202515_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1278202521_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1278202528_thumb.jpg

Ok that's all. Got a few more in the works, though(Man these things are addictive!!). Thanks for looking! Comments are very appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys!

Been a bit of time since my last update. Most of today's customs have been sitting on my work bench finished for a few weeks, but I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to post them. Fortunately I have the time now.

First up, a continuation of my set of robo-mates:

This nameless bot was made from a web-cam and some head phones

post-2133-1281032956_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1281032964_thumb.jpg

And this bot was made from a remote control. He is accompanied by my attemt at creating some bots without using mates. My therory was that the main bot is controling the smaller bots.

post-2133-1281032972_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1281032977_thumb.jpg

Back to something more like my older stuff are two 'mates from what has become one of my new favorite movies: INCEPTION

First up is COBB:

post-2133-1281032984_thumb.jpg

and next is his partner ARTHUR(includes Totem!):

post-2133-1281032991_thumb.jpg

currenty working on an Ariadne to go with them

That's all for today, but I have a few other customs in the works including some non-mate stuff. Thanks for looking! Feedback is appreciated!

post-2133-1281032999_thumb.jpg

post-2133-1295760260_thumb.jpg

Edited by Glantern